Greetings From England !! Updated 5/6 - Mission Completed - The Votes Are In

Status
Not open for further replies.

Linda67

DIS Veteran
[size=+2]**DINING REPORT NOW COMPLETED**[/Size]

[size=+2][post=36166062]**Please note - links for each review can be found in post #2**[/post][/size]

[size=+1]Hello everyone :wave:

So I decided to take the plunge and share with you my dining reviews from our March 2010 trip to the World

Please note - links for each review can be found in post #2

Whilst researching for this trip, I stumbled across the DIS Boards and soon I was completely hooked :surfweb:

The wonderful Dining Reviews really helped me to plan and were so enjoyable to read :worship: I thought it was only fair to try and repay by posting my own reports

Be gentle with me I am a total newbie and have lots of very hard acts to follow :flower3:

So who are we?

IMG_1634-2-1.jpg

Me: Linda, 42 and a plan-a-holic :wave2:

DH: Philip, 43 and more than happy to let me do all the planning, throw a few socks in a case the day before our vacation, then sit on the plane and say ‘where are we going again?’ :rotfl:

Food wise, DH is a true carnivore and loves nothing more that chowing down on steak, ribs and the like. He thinks that vegetables take up valuable meat space on the plate :rotfl2:

DH doesn’t like the taste of alcohol and would always prefer to have a Coke or a nice cup of tea :eek: (so English !!)
I on the other hand don’t eat meat but love all fish and seafood. I will often order the vegetarian options if they sound interesting. As for the demon drink ………… ooh yes please :rotfl:

So with this in mind you are sure to see a variety of dishes and drinks

When we last went the WDW we had one ADR :scared1: It was at Teppan Edo and we loved it. We generally prefer to eat whatever and whenever we feel like but for this trip there were so many places that I wanted to try ADRs seemed sensible.

I chose each one for a specific reason, here’s the full line up

Tokyo Dining ………. We both love sushi and Japan is our favourite pavilion in Epcot. We timed our ADR for just before Illuminations in the hope that we could bag a table window as we thought it would be an interesting new perspective on a show that we have seen many times before

Boma ………….. We wanted to choose one buffet meal and the menus looked really good to me. I wasn’t entirely sure if DH would enjoy this one as much as me so maybe this ADR was a little bit selfish !! We both really wanted to check out the AK lodge as we thought we might stay here next year

Mama Melrose’s Fantasmic! Dinner Package …………. Out of the three options for this package we preferred the menu here. I was worried about how busy the show would be so we thought this would help us get a spot in the theatre

Donald’s Safari Breakfast – Tusker House ………….. I really wanted to try a character meal and this one looked the most appealing. I was a little worried that two adults without children might not really enjoy this but hey, you never know unless you try :confused3

Kona Café ………… Two reasons for this one, really wanted to check out the Poly and we wanted to catch Wishes from the beach

California Grill …………… The reviews on the DIS are great and the menu looked wonderful. Also thought it would be another interesting perspective of Wishes

As well as the ADRs mentioned above we ate (and drank) at many other WDW locations so I’ll try to be as complete as possible

We stayed off property so we ate at lots of other places, not sure if these would be of any interest :confused3 but I may throw in a couple of the good ones if that is cool with everyone?

Congratulations on reading this far, as a special bonus prize here is a photo of the best looking drink in the world

IMG_0397-1.jpg

Hope you enjoy reading popcorn::[/size]

[size=+1]I'll use this post to add links to each review for you[/size]

[size=+1][post=36167981]Day One, Off to Epcot - including Electric Umbrella[/post][/size]

[size=+1][post=36180465] Epcot - Drinks in Italy[/post][/size]

[size=+1][post=36180548]The Wonderful Wunderbar[/post][/size]

[size=+1][post=36183341]Tokyo Dining, Sushi With A View[/post][/size]

[size=+1][post=36199953]Expedition Blueberry Muffin[/post][/size]

[size=+1][post=36222149]Karibuni (Welcome) to Boma[/post][/size]

[size=+1][post=36238357]Magic Kingdom - Fixin' Bar Fun[/post][/size]

[size=+1][post=36251345]A Quick Trip To Celebration[/post][/size]

[size=+1][post=36278693]Hollywood Studios Part One[/post][/size]

[size=+1][post=36281246]Mama Mia It's Mama Melrose's[/post][/size]

[size=+1][post=36304600]Mini Golf & Snacks[/post][/size]

[size=+1][post=36318127]Mmmm ..Cheesecake Factory[/post][/size]

[size=+1][post=36332615]Earl Of Sandwich[/post][/size]

[size=+1][post=36335743]A Sugar Rush At Goofy's Candy Company[/post][/size]

[size=+1][post=36348370]Universal Studios[/post][/size]

[size=+1][post=36364239]Charlie's Steakhouse[/post][/size]

[size=+1][post=36377907]A Segway Ride To Roaring Forks[/post][/size]

[size=+1][post=36389202]Wolfgang Puck's Express[/post][/size]

[size=+1][post=36392617]Sugar Island[/post][/size]

[size=+1][post=36415264]Aloha From Kona[/post][/size]

[size=+1][post=36427824]Tangierine Cafe[/post][/size]

[size=+1][post=36443183]Beaches & Cream[/post][/size]

[size=+1][post=36446661]Donald's Safari Breakfast[/post][/size]

[size=+1][post=36459159]Tony Roma's[/post][/size]

[size=+1][post=36471458]Columbia Harbour House & Cosmic Ray's[/post][/size]

[size=+1][post=36503747]Call That A Cookie? ....This Is A Cookie !![/post][/size]

[size=+1][post=36522032]California Grill[/post][/size]

[size=+1][post=36533312]Earl Of Sandwich & Ghirardelli[/post][/size]

[size=+1][post=36545755]Election Day Special - The Final Verdict[/post][/size]

Hi Linda

You already have one fan ..... ME! ;) Can't wait to get tucked into you review. :yay:

Looking forward to your reviews!

I can't wait to read your reviews and I LOVE pics! You and hubby are a very cute couple!

[size=+1]Day One – Off To Epcot

After our flight from England we were pretty tired so we ended up unpacking and eating at a small seafood restaurant near the hotel

The food was OK, nothing special but to be honest we were just trying to stay awake until a reasonable hour. I didn’t take any photos but you aren’t missing anything

We woke early on Saturday morning and were both very excited about our day at Epcot :banana:

DH is really not a breakfast person so I would normally just start the day with a coffee from the hotel and a quick snack

IMG_0034-1.jpg

DH stole one of the cookies :eek:

The main focus of today was to look around the Flower And Garden Festival Exhibits and then hit world showcase.

We knew that we would be heading back to Epcot again to tour Future World and the main attractions so this was going to be a leisurely start to our vacation

I know this is a food review but I just had to add a couple of pics from the Festival as the park just looked beautiful

IMG_1391-1.jpg

IMG_1408-1.jpg

So when did the eating begin I hear you cry !!

Well in my opinion there is only one possible start to a Disney vacation .......

IMG_1398-1.jpg

What is it about these things !! What do they put in them !!!
We found a nice spot in the sun and enjoyed every single choc-tastic bite :cloud9:

An hour or so later DH started to get hungry just as we were walking past the Electric Umbrella in Future World. It probably wouldn’t have been my first choice but I knew that our ADR at Tokyo Dining would be the main event later that evening

DH ordered a bacon double cheeseburger with fries and a coke

IMG_1424-1.jpg

He enjoyed it but did comment that it wasn’t very hot and that the bun kept falling apart ………… mmmm where have I heard that comment before :rotfl2:

I went for the Greek Salad and a bottle of water

IMG_1425-1.jpg

This was very fresh and well prepared but the serving of feta cheese was really small so it did end up feeling a bit like just eating a big bowl of lettuce :rolleyes:

So our verdict on the Electric Umbrella

popcorn:: popcorn::popcorn:: out of popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::……….. It was OK but nothing remarkable. It served to keep us going until our dinner through

Coming up next World Showcase drinks :cool1:[/size]

I'm in! ;-)

Linda, are you sure you're 42? :upsidedow;) No way you look that age, lady! :laughing: (actually, you look a lot like a friend of mine).

excellent start to your first review:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

not brave enough myself but this is looking good!

I can't believe you are 42 either. I was scrolling down thinking "Oh look, someone my age,(27) from England." I guess I was a little off.

Great reviews so far. We will be trying a few of the same places in May and can't wait to hear what you thought of them, especially Mama Melrose and Tuskerhouse.

Yay! So excited for a new dining review! off to go read...btw, I think you meant you are 24 not 42! you look great!

I'm on board, Linda, and looking forward to more. FWIW, I don't think you look 42 either. Share your secret please ;) And then more food reviews :thumbsup2

I'm joining in and am glad to be on here from the beginning! You have alot of comments already - looks like it's going to be a popular thread! Can't wait :)

Linda -- Count me on board as well -- at least for the next 3 days. Then we leave ourselves for 10 days. :cool1: :cool1:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter