Grand Floridian DVC Info, Speculation, and Update Thread - Part 1!

Unless they convert existing GF rooms and open it in sections like AKV. Given the layout I'm not expecting that approach and do expect it'll open all at once but this is not guaranteed.

That would be my thinking too. Its awful small to have ongoing work. Unlike AKV and SSR.

Also what part of BLT was finished after the Grand Opening. I do not remember that at all?

I was at WDW this weekend and stopped by GF just to take a peak at the new construction.

It is coming along very nicely and looks like it will be done by year end for sure.

It appears to be 1-2 stories taller than the other GF buildings and is located just behind the GF main pool (also the other Courtyard pool is under major construction now).

The walk to the monorail is longer than the GF main building rooms, but closer than most of the non-main building rooms location.

One thing that I hope changes is the beach area surrounding DVC GF as currently it is all ROCKS and not a nice beach like the nice sand area by the GF pool area.

I think this place will be super expensive to buy and also point usage, so I will probably NOT buy here, but will stay at least once with my other points.

I believe that when BLT opened, the entire building was completed and opened. Members could only reserve the number of rooms that represented declared member inventory and DVD allowed CRO to reserve rooms for cash out of developer inventory.

The same could be done for VGF.

I believe that when BLT opened, the entire building was completed and opened. Members could only reserve the number of rooms that represented declared member inventory and DVD allowed CRO to reserve rooms for cash out of developer inventory.

The same could be done for VGF.

By the time BLT opened on August 4, 2009, Disney Vacation Development had declared 47.97% of the resort for the DVC inventory. This meant that on opening day DVC members could book up to 47.97% of BLT using points; the rest of the resort belonged to Disney to use as it desired.

On opening day, construction was essentially finished on all BLT vacation homes. Although DVD had only declared 9 Grand Villas and almost all of the two-bedroom vacation homes from the 1st floor up to the 7th floor, DVC members had access to all vacation homes on all floors because of the Reciprocal Use clause contained in the Master Declaration. The Reciprocal Use clause permits DVC members access to undeclared vacation homes belonging to the developer. In exchange, the developer gets access to declared vacation homes that are part of the declared DVC inventory.

I suspect that VGF will open in much the same manner as BLT. Depending on how well sales go for VGF, I think that by opening day about a third to half of VGF will be declared for the DVC membership. But, like BLT and its Reciprocal Use clause, I imagine DVC members will be able to book any vacation home at VGF, as long as we don't exceed the percentage that has been declared. I'm optimistic that the entire resort will be finished and ready for occupancy on opening day.

If I was WDW I would definitely open it by floors, just so they can get some money flowing in as they finish the building floor by floor.

I'm banging my head against the wall in anticipation of the day when we can begin to book and find out just how much this will cost!

By the time BLT opened on August 4, 2009, Disney Vacation Development had declared 47.97% of the resort for the DVC inventory. This meant that on opening day DVC members could book up to 47.97% of BLT using points; the rest of the resort belonged to Disney to use as it desired.

On opening day, construction was essentially finished on all BLT vacation homes. Although DVD had only declared 9 Grand Villas and almost all of the two-bedroom vacation homes from the 1st floor up to the 7th floor, DVC members had access to all vacation homes on all floors because of the Reciprocal Use clause contained in the Master Declaration. The Reciprocal Use clause permits DVC members access to undeclared vacation homes belonging to the developer. In exchange, the developer gets access to declared vacation homes that are part of the declared DVC inventory.

I suspect that VGF will open in much the same manner as BLT. Depending on how well sales go for VGF, I think that by opening day about a third to half of VGF will be declared for the DVC membership. But, like BLT and its Reciprocal Use clause, I imagine DVC members will be able to book any vacation home at VGF, as long as we don't exceed the percentage that has been declared. I'm optimistic that the entire resort will be finished and ready for occupancy on opening day.

Thanks, I was confused by Bill's posting as I was sure BLT was completely finished when it opened as was BCV and VWL.

I was at BLT a week after the grand opening and it seemed 100% complete to me. Once the building is complete, the interior decoration can be completed very quickly

I don't see any reason for Disney to pay out of pocket to open all of the building at once. The only reason for them not to complete the interiors in sections like they did with SSR, AKV, BLT, AKV and Aulani, is because the building is so small that it might be cheaper to just knock it out. Using money from sales to complete construction makes sense depending on the costs involved.

:earsboy: Bill
For a resort like OKW or SSR or even AKV, I'd agree that phasing it in tends to make sense. However, there is another side to this issue, that is the economy of doing all at once and being done with it. I own at an ocean front Marriott on HH and they were doing a hard refurbishment and upgrading 2 of the 10 buildings per year on their planned refurbishment schedule. They did 2 years with 2 buildings each and then decided to do all 6 of the rest one off season because it was significantly cheaper to do so.

DVC Dude said:
I was at BLT a week after the grand opening and it seemed 100% complete to me. Once the building is complete, the interior decoration can be completed very quickly

We stayed the very first night official night at BLT and I don't remember any signs of ongoing construction. (But we got a cool print for being first ones to stay in our room). On the other hand, at Aulani this summer, they had sections of the resort still in process and plastic sheeting between the open and closed sections.

Joining this thread! We stayed at GF on our honeymoon, so I am excited to try it again as DVC Members!

Also subscribing :surfweb:...can't wait for the VGF to be ready!!! :thumbsup2. I just have to figure out how to pay for it..:rotfl2:

I'm not sure if this was asked before but if they sell out quick do you think they will convert some of the floors in the outer buildings to dvc?

I'm not sure if this was asked before but if they sell out quick do you think they will convert some of the floors in the outer buildings to dvc?
There have been some rumors they may converts some hotel rooms like at AKV but if they do, it'll be up front, not related to sales after the fact.

Thanks it would be great if they do being there probably wont be any castle view from the dvc building.

Artist Rendering

Disney_s+Grand+Floridian+Resort+Expansion+-+Interior.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter