Grand Floridian DVC Info, Speculation, and Update Thread - Part 1!

Woo Hoo hopefully the reports are right and we will hear something in about a week. Any idea on when it will open? We are planning a trip for March 2014. We are on the WL for BCV and might have to get a few GFV points instead:)

I took these on 3/31/13 (Easter Sunday).

From across the lagoon at BLT...
2013DCL-Mar24-31DisneyDream840_zps233c37d2.jpg

From the monorail...
2013DCL-Mar24-31DisneyDream866_zps6c45674c.jpg

2013DCL-Mar24-31DisneyDream868_zps172b683f.jpg

Has anyone thought that maybe those way top dormer windows, without balconies, might be the second floor rooms of Grand Villas? Has DVC indicated whether the Grand Villas at the GF will be single story or two story? Or are there even going to be any, or very few, Grand Villas there?

Has anyone thought that maybe those way top dormer windows, without balconies, might be the second floor rooms of Grand Villas? Has DVC indicated whether the Grand Villas at the GF will be single story or two story? Or are there even going to be any, or very few, Grand Villas there?

The 4 bedroom GV's are at the end of the building facing the lake.

:earsboy: Bill

I'm so excited. My Guide called me this morning about GF DVC. We are getting a 70 pt add on. Waiting for her to call me back to close the deal!! I will hopefully be staying there Dec 2014 for the first time!!!:banana:
Pts are going for $145.00 to members only till June 18th. Then going up to $160.00. I'm so over the moon!!! :cloud9:
Nancy princess:

I'm so excited. My Guide called me this morning about GF DVC. We are getting a 70 pt add on. Waiting for her to call me back to close the deal!! I will hopefully be staying there Dec 2014 for the first time!!!:banana:
Pts are going for $145.00 to members only till June 18th. Then going up to $160.00. I'm so over the moon!!! :cloud9:
Nancy princess:

Congrats on the ad on! Enjoy those points!!!

Nancy princess:

Is it confirmed that June 18th is the absolute cutoff for the $145? We need to do some seriously thinking before jumping on this (I hate slamming the breaks!). $145 is lower than I expected it to be, so it becomes a bit of a game changer.

Does anyone know when booking begins?

See above:
Villas at Grand Floridian owners will have an 11-month home resort priority booking window and can start booking reservations as early as May 23.

The resort is currently scheduled to open on Oct. 23, 2013.

All other Members may begin booking Villas at Grand Floridian reservations on June 23, 2013, according to a 4-month or 7-month window.

•A 4-month window will apply for reservations with arrival dates from Oct. 23, 2013, through and including Dec. 31, 2013.

•A 7-month window will apply for reservations with arrival dates from Jan. 1, 2014, and beyond.

Is it confirmed that June 18th is the absolute cutoff for the $145? We need to do some seriously thinking before jumping on this (I hate slamming the breaks!). $145 is lower than I expected it to be, so it becomes a bit of a game changer.

Yes. That's what I was told by my guide today. He said it will go to $150 on June 19. Only current members can get the $145 price.

Thanks Carlbarry! I'm sorry I didn't see that to before I asked. I'll be online right away in the 4-Month window for December :thumbsup2.

Thanks Carlbarry! I'm sorry I didn't see that to before I asked. I'll be online right away in the 4-Month window for December :thumbsup2.

The four month window starts in August. I know, because I'm going in December and already counted LOL!

Can someone point me in the direction of the points chart for this? I'm assuming it has to be out and public somewhere. Please? ;)

Thanks.

ETA... Can you add on any amount of points? Or does it have to be in 50 point increments?

with other DVC resorts, members can add-on 25+ pts for cash and 50+ pts with financing. i have a 40 pt contract myself, so there is no historical rule on 50 pt increments...you can get a 37 pt contract if you pay cash. (unless VGF is different, which i haven't heard so far.)

Our guide called us on Monday to start the ball rolling on adding on and we decided to add on 50 points, I'm SOOOO excited! I'm hoping we can stay at VGF for the first and last night of our honeymoon. We weren't going to add on but then he called, told us the price, and we called back 10 minutes later :thumbsup2

We should hopefully be getting our paperwork in the mail later this week, I am SO pumped! :cheer2:

with other DVC resorts, members can add-on 25+ pts for cash and 50+ pts with financing. i have a 40 pt contract myself, so there is no historical rule on 50 pt increments...you can get a 37 pt contract if you pay cash. (unless VGF is different, which i haven't heard so far.)

So if you buy 50 or more points you HAVE to finance? You can't pay cash?

Ok, just pulled the trigger! Just a little add on to ensure we get to stay there on occasion and don't get shut out by the home advantage. :stitch2:

Good thing I was trolling the DIS boards or I would have missed out on the early sales to owners entirely as we lost our guide and no one had been reassigned. :shamrock:

So if you buy 50 or more points you HAVE to finance? You can't pay cash?

No, you can always pash cash ;)

I just got off the phone with my guide and you can add on points in 5 point increments. The amount just has to start at 50 if you are financing. We added on 30 points.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter