Gotta love bounceback! 10th ann. & family vaca PTR-9/201o-WE'RE BACK!

Hi Sophia!

Your plans all look great! Sounds like you'll have a fantastic holiday! And it's so close now! :yay::yay:

Hope you get the cake you want - I'm hoping Gordon gets me a nice cake for my birthday, I've left him specific details, but who knows what I'll end up with! :rolleyes1

Di x

Here we are less than a week away. :dance3: There are not many of us left here on my PTR, however on the bright side, there are a few of my readers who are actually AT WDW right now! :goodvibes

This weekend is packing weekend for Joe....FINALLY. I am sitting here in my home office looking at my bags. They are packed. Ready to be zipped up, aside from last minute items that I cannot pack before we leave.

It's pretty cold here right now, considering it's been super hot lately. Probably somewhere in the 60's. I'm enjoying it now as I know that we won't have this weather in Orlando. :laughing:

We've been going over our arrival day plans and have made a couple of changes. Pretty ambitious for day of arrival. Here is the somewhat new plan:

:wizard: Arrive at MCO late morning after nearly 3 hours of this:

DisneySept06020.jpg

:wizard: Get rental cars - one car heads to POR to check in my DB. I love their gift shop. They had some great kitchen stuff when we stayed there in 2006.

DisneySept061630.jpg

DisneySept061418.jpg

DisneySept061419.jpg

The other rental car heads to WL to check in everyone else. This will be my opportunity to take better pictures here since the ones I took in 2005 when we stayed there are pretty craptastic....see?

Disney9-05014.jpg

Disney9-05080.jpg

Disney9-05085.jpg

We have all done on line check in, so this should be interesting. I have no idea where we will end up but you know, I guess I really don't care either way.

After DB checks in, car #1 will head to WL. We'll meet up and head over to MK.

DisneyMay2009367.jpg

At first we planned to grab a snack at Roaring Forks, but you know what, let's go to MK instead and grab something for lunch there.

DisneyMay2009485.jpg

I am really hoping to see Share a Dream today. As Joe would say....let's get it out of the way so I don't have to listen to you whine about the parades. Yep, fine with me.

DisneySept09Vol1802.jpg

DisneySept09Vol1871.jpg

After the parade, the plan is to go back to WL, freshen up a bit, relax and then head to DTD for dinner at EOS.

Yep, I plan to get this....even though it will be 90 some degrees outside.

DisneySept09Vol1077.jpg

Joe will undoubtedly get this..........

DisneySept09Vol1075.jpg

After dinner and a bit of shopping, we are heading over to Epcot.

DisneySept09Vol1241.jpg

The plan is to meet Liesa (All7ofUs) and hopefully Karin (dizneet) so that we can say hello and catch Illuminations.

DisneySept09Vol21136.jpg

So, is this new plan too much for arrival day?

Hi Sophia!

Your plans all look great! Sounds like you'll have a fantastic holiday! And it's so close now! :yay::yay:

Hope you get the cake you want - I'm hoping Gordon gets me a nice cake for my birthday, I've left him specific details, but who knows what I'll end up with! :rolleyes1

Di x

Thanks Di!

I am hoping that we get the cake we want as well. It will be a surprise.

I will cross my fingers that Gordon follows your specific details and that you get the cake that you are hoping for. :goodvibes

hmm. I think that it sounds like a lot of running around for you guys. Actually even for me. I like the idea of going to MK for lunch better than roaring forks though!

I want that soup again SO bad!

No, that doesn't look like too much. That's cool that you'll be able to meet up with Liesa! Wish I was there a week earlier. So many of us are going in September!

hmm. I think that it sounds like a lot of running around for you guys. Actually even for me. I like the idea of going to MK for lunch better than roaring forks though!

I want that soup again SO bad!

The only difference is that this year we don't have to drive to MK. I figured that if we just went to MK for lunch, hung around Main Street, watched the parade and went back to WL after....maybe it wouldn't be so bad. Then, driving to DTD, parking near EoS (Joe has the handicap pass so we usually park close), grabbing chow, a whirl through World of Disney, then off to Epcot....... Hmmm...

No, that doesn't look like too much. That's cool that you'll be able to meet up with Liesa! Wish I was there a week earlier. So many of us are going in September!

There are a lot of going in September. When is your arrival date? I'm meeting Liesa on Day 1 but I think she has only a day or two left after that. We thought of Jellyrolls for a drink the next day too. :idea:

The only difference is that this year we don't have to drive to MK. I figured that if we just went to MK for lunch, hung around Main Street, watched the parade and went back to WL after....maybe it wouldn't be so bad. Then, driving to DTD, parking near EoS (Joe has the handicap pass so we usually park close), grabbing chow, a whirl through World of Disney, then off to Epcot....... Hmmm...

It is definitely doable! you know me though, I'm crazy! It's nice that you will have the boat! I def like the idea of lunch in MK rather than Roaring Forks though! Gets you i n the parks asap :banana:

Should I, or should I not take my work laptop? :confused3 It's end of year, we just acquired a large company and I supervise a team of 4. So, my fear is that if I don't take it, I will need it. If I take it, I won't need it. I will have my blackberry but that doesn't help if there is a needed file that I can't read...they open so dang small.

Since we're a Federal contractor, it's not like I can use it to upload pics, etc. so that said, we'd have to take Joe's too. Do we really want to lug 2 laptops?

I have six days left to figure it out...but it's driving me nuts!

It is definitely doable! you know me though, I'm crazy! It's nice that you will have the boat! I def like the idea of lunch in MK rather than Roaring Forks though! Gets you i n the parks asap :banana:

We're going to have breakfast at Roaring Forks enough while we're there. I figured since the boat is so close, why not take advantage of it? Not that the monorail isn't a great thing, but by the time you drive over, park, walk to the monorail, stop at the resorts if you don't get the express...it sometimes feels like it takes forever to get there. I like ... on the boat.... off the boat ... security check.... MK.

easy peasy........

:mic::mic::mic: (taps microphone)....

Ahem.........

ONE WEEK LEFT!!!!!!!!!!!!

:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

I am thankful for a holiday weekend. I have one extra day to get things in order. I think I'm pretty much ready. It's hard to believe that we're going be there in one week. :woohoo:

:woohoo::woohoo::cool1::cool1:ONE WEEK:cool1::cool1::woohoo::woohoo:

I am so excited about the long weekend, I really need that extra day too! My sis called yesterday and invited us for dinner tomorrow which works out perfectly because I can stop at the Walmart right by her place!!

I sent you a PM about a little meet!!:yay:

party: Yay for less than a week!!!!!!! party:

You are SO close!! Love your camera bag and your nails, too, soo cute!:cutie: Your day one plans seem busy to to me, but we're dragging 6 kids around, so that's a big difference!;)

I'm torn, too, with bringing my laptop with me for my job. I want to leave my blackberry and my laptop at home and just be free....but reality of it is, I do need something with me, too......:headache:

I'm still here...just busy yesterday and running around all day today (and then went to a Bags tournament). I can't believe you are at six days. The time is sure flying by. Did Joe get packed?

More dancing is required now that you are 5 days out me thinks :teeth:
:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana::banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana::banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

and why not throw in these guys too :teeth

:rockband:

Arrival day sounds great, lots to get in and see and do.

Joe's comment about the parades did tickle me as I can just imagine him saying it :laughing:

Laptop wise, if you are going to work when you are there then no, as you are on vaca and really should try and focus on that. I hate when Dave takes calls on his days off, is very annoying!

I'm still here...just busy yesterday and running around all day today (and then went to a Bags tournament). I can't believe you are at six days. The time is sure flying by. Did Joe get packed?

Time is moving by quickly!!! It sounds like you had fun at the Bags Tournament from what I read in your PTR. Joe is packed....can you believe it? I can't. He used one suitcase so the other will go relatively empty. You know what that means? More shopping for ME!

More dancing is required now that you are 5 days out me thinks :teeth:
:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

and why not throw in these guys too :teeth

:rockband:

Arrival day sounds great, lots to get in and see and do.

Joe's comment about the parades did tickle me as I can just imagine him saying it :laughing:

Laptop wise, if you are going to work when you are there then no, as you are on vaca and really should try and focus on that. I hate when Dave takes calls on his days off, is very annoying!

I don't want to work while I am there but I fear that if I don't take it and my team needs something, I am sunk!

Thanks for dancing with me. 5 sleeps left!!

party: Yay for less than a week!!!!!!! party:

You are SO close!! Love your camera bag and your nails, too, soo cute!:cutie: Your day one plans seem busy to to me, but we're dragging 6 kids around, so that's a big difference!;)

I'm torn, too, with bringing my laptop with me for my job. I want to leave my blackberry and my laptop at home and just be free....but reality of it is, I do need something with me, too......:headache:

Oh, how awesome it would be to leave BOTH the Blackberry and the laptop home! I just don't see it happening for me though... :sad2:

I would imagine that it would be quite hectic to have 6 kids with you and go commando style. We've got one with us and he's 13 so he can march along with the rest of us. :goodvibes

It took me a while to find the camera bag so I'm quite excited about it. So far, the nails are holding up so I guess they are a go when I get to my next appt on the night before we leave. I like to test them out first. :thumbsup2

:woohoo::woohoo::cool1::cool1:ONE WEEK:cool1::cool1::woohoo::woohoo:

I am so excited about the long weekend, I really need that extra day too! My sis called yesterday and invited us for dinner tomorrow which works out perfectly because I can stop at the Walmart right by her place!!

I sent you a PM about a little meet!!:yay:

Love the extra day over the holdiay weekend!

I'm thinking that maybe I need one more trip to WalMart before we leave as well. We're doing nothing today so maybe i can get Joe to go with me.

Wanted to let you know I sent you a PM earlier today. Looks like we have a few options.

Time is moving by quickly!!! It sounds like you had fun at the Bags Tournament from what I read in your PTR. Joe is packed....can you believe it? I can't. He used one suitcase so the other will go relatively empty. You know what that means? More shopping for ME!

Way to go, Joe!!!! And I love the idea of more shopping. Mark and I are going to try to get all of our clothes in one suitcase and then use the other suitcase for toiletries, GPS, etc., and a duffel bag so that I can do more shopping too (I'm only bringing enough clothes for our four days at Disney and an extra shirt or two because I'll be doing laundry in Marco Island).

I don't want to work while I am there but I fear that if I don't take it and my team needs something, I am sunk!

Thanks for dancing with me. 5 sleeps left!!

I guess so, maybe you will have to take two laptops if you can't upload to your one :(

:woohoo: for single digits!!! :woohoo:

I have not decided if I am going to do online check-in, I am thinking I may not. :rolleyes2 Not sure why I'm not jumping at the bit to do it, but I don't think any of the other rooms did so, but maybe I should just because of that reason. ;) :rotfl:

Your arrival day plans are great!! I am so excited for you!!! :yay:

I would say leave the work laptop at home. Unless there is a reason why you think both you and Joe will need to be on at the same time.

Way to go, Joe!!!! And I love the idea of more shopping. Mark and I are going to try to get all of our clothes in one suitcase and then use the other suitcase for toiletries, GPS, etc., and a duffel bag so that I can do more shopping too (I'm only bringing enough clothes for our four days at Disney and an extra shirt or two because I'll be doing laundry in Marco Island).

I was proud of him for getting it done earlier this year than ever before.

I love shopping. :goodvibes

I guess so, maybe you will have to take two laptops if you can't upload to your one :(

I still don't know what I will do. My guess is that I will decide last minute.

:woohoo: for single digits!!! :woohoo:

I have not decided if I am going to do online check-in, I am thinking I may not. :rolleyes2 Not sure why I'm not jumping at the bit to do it, but I don't think any of the other rooms did so, but maybe I should just because of that reason. ;) :rotfl:

Your arrival day plans are great!! I am so excited for you!!! :yay:

I would say leave the work laptop at home. Unless there is a reason why you think both you and Joe will need to be on at the same time.

This is the first year for us using on line check in. I am curious to see how it goes.

I can't believe how close we are. We're going THIS WEEK!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter