GotG Cosmic Rewind AP previews

I agree. I was lucky enough to get D23 - but that was the only one I was eligible for, so had I not gotten it then I would have been getting an ILL (or hoping for a VQ slot) or doing stand-by on my trip in August. Since our profiles know so much about us, I kind of wish there was a way that those who are only whatever bucket is opening that day (D23, AP, DVC, etc.) would be eligible first and others who have multiple affiliations were held in a different waiting room for x amount of time so that the people who only have one bite at the apple are in the group that got first shot at it.

It will never happen and wouldn’t be fair anyway. I qualify for all 3, but I missed the D23 and the DVC dates weren’t when we’re there. I would‘ve been penalized for the AP drop under your scenario.

For Remy, I had AP but it was not active so could not book. I'm happy I stalked this thread and checked daily. I had already booked my flight based on dates that people would guess it would happen. I never get the AP emails, so I could not rely on that (plus knew they were always delayed anyways). So for those that missed out, know for next time, check link everyday 🤪

I wondered if that might have been why they did AP and DVC simultaneously - that would slightly cancel each other out.

I'm still a little disappointed that they did the D23 event first rather than last. I think it would have been nice to give folks one more try if they missed out today, and some people might have opted not to double-dip if they scored an AP/DVC slot. (I'd suspect that some people jumped on the D23 event as a "guarantee" in case the AP/DVC release didn't work out.)

That's why I was saying have some kind of algorithm where those who are ONLY D23 would get the first crack at those tickets and then after say 15 minutes those who have multiple affiliations would be let into the queue if there were any left.

So bummed. It went live at 3 AM my time. I had actually picked up my phone and refreshed the link and nothing happened, so I went back to bed. Should have checked my email, but happy for everyone here who got a slot. I’ll just tell myself that since only 1 day of previews was during my trip and it was a weekend, it would have sold out even if I was up. 😀. I guess we will have to plan another trip!

I agree. I was lucky enough to get D23 - but that was the only one I was eligible for, so had I not gotten it then I would have been getting an ILL (or hoping for a VQ slot) or doing stand-by on my trip in August. Since our profiles know so much about us, I kind of wish there was a way that those who are only whatever bucket is opening that day (D23, AP, DVC, etc.) would be eligible first and others who have multiple affiliations were held in a different waiting room for x amount of time so that the people who only have one bite at the apple are in the group that got first shot at it.
I understand what you’re saying, but (1) would we want to trust Disney IT with that, and (2) it would actually punish people with multiple affiliations - they’d be at the back of every line!

We missed out on the Remy preview because we didn’t see the emails in time. We’ve been stalking our email since 4/04, and I’ve been reading the boards very frequently. We’re very happy the dates matched our trip we planned last year AND we saw the info soon enough.

I’m sure we’ll miss out on stuff in the future again, so we’re enjoying the pixie dust while we have it. (Our luck often runs the other way at Disney!)

That's why I was saying have some kind of algorithm where those who are ONLY D23 would get the first crack at those tickets and then after say 15 minutes those who have multiple affiliations would be let into the queue if there were any left.
Part of that is a coding/data issue, and we all know how Disney IT is. For example, D23/AP/DVC are three different systems and databases that likely aren't connected in any easy manner.

At the same time, I feel like that really needs to be an honor system thing. In maybe the one instance that I'll agree with Karen - if you're a member of any of those groups, I think you should have equal access to the opportunities they offer. Being a member of one shouldn't specifically exclude you from an opportunity with another.

If they did do that, I think I'd vote to combine all of the groups into a single "soft opening". Give AP and DVC each x,000 spots. Kill the D23 event and just give D23 members 500 spots. Then do a single availability for all of the spots all at once - you get to participate if you're eligible, regardless of how you're eligible.

I'm still kinda conflicted, even with that. But that'd be closer to something I'd be okay with.

On the one morning this week I was booked solid...this just hurts, even more so after the constant refreshing and checking in the last week or so. I know I'll get over it, but man. It just sucks.

Being new substitute teaching and having come from an engineering career, I really feel for you teachers. You don't get a break hardly at all unless you have an off period or lunch. I find it so bad when I am substituting, that I don't even have time to go to the bathroom sometimes, especially if most of them are broken and there is only one in the faculty lounge, or none, and it's broken too. I didn't get one either. I was taking DS to school. Should have had him practice driving, and I could have checked my phone. Sorry. Thank you for the work you do though.

So bummed. It went live at 3 AM my time. I had actually picked up my phone and refreshed the link and nothing happened, so I went back to bed. Should have checked my email, but happy for everyone here who got a slot. I’ll just tell myself that since only 1 day of previews was during my trip and it was a weekend, it would have sold out even if I was up. 😀. I guess we will have to plan another trip!
Happened to me too. We will be there in July and will have to try then.

Have they ever released more preview slots once they have been sold out, or should I stop checking the link and move on with my life?

Part of that is a coding/data issue, and we all know how Disney IT is. For example, D23/AP/DVC are three different systems and databases that likely aren't connected in any easy manner.

At the same time, I feel like that really needs to be an honor system thing. In maybe the one instance that I'll agree with Karen - if you're a member of any of those groups, I think you should have equal access to the opportunities they offer. Being a member of one shouldn't specifically exclude you from an opportunity with another.

If they did do that, I think I'd vote to combine all of the groups into a single "soft opening". Give AP and DVC each x,000 spots. Kill the D23 event and just give D23 members 500 spots. Then do a single availability for all of the spots all at once - you get to participate if you're eligible, regardless of how you're eligible.

I'm still kinda conflicted, even with that. But that'd be closer to something I'd be okay with.
I’m fine with the multiple events since the D23 thing is technically a whole special package, not just a preview. But I do wish that since they have our profiles anyway, that once you have a spot, you’re no longer able to sign up for another one. That way multiple affiliations gets you multiple chances to register for a preview but not to actually get multiple previews (so you’re still treated like others in your bucket, no getting sent to the back of the line, but once you have a spot you can’t sign up again with another affiliation). I’m sure Disney’s IT would hate that, so that’s just my wishful thinking haha. Or it’d be great if they just expanded previews so there was more availability!

But while double booking is available, then it’s kind of don’t hate the player, hate the game. Announcing multiple registrations to a group of people who might not have even one is not a tactful decision, but to actually register multiple times is like a lot of hacks those of us on the forums figure out. I do wish Disney would change the rules, though.

Welp, in the rush to secure an AP preview when it launched without notice, I booked a Sunday that is blocked out for our pixie passes. Didn't see until after I clicked "submit" (no changes can be made) that it says "Applicable Passholder blockout dates apply" under "Event Information". 🤦‍♀️😭

Honestly I'm a bit surprised it even let me book that day at all. Understand it's my fault but bummed it didn't say that date wasn't available for us. Currently on a 3 hour hold for VIPassholder line, but anyone have any advice or are we out of luck??

Welp, we're all pirate passholders now.. you win again Disney 😂😭

On the one morning this week I was booked solid...this just hurts, even more so after the constant refreshing and checking in the last week or so. I know I'll get over it, but man. It just sucks.

I feel you!! I actually took a personal day on on Tuesday for the D23 event drop because I figured if I tried at school the AP would walk in and I'd be in trouble.

But I do wish that since they have our profiles anyway, that once you have a spot, you’re no longer able to sign up for another one. That way multiple affiliations gets you multiple chances to register for a preview but not to actually get multiple previews (so you’re still treated like others in your bucket, no getting sent to the back of the line, but once you have a spot you can’t sign up again with another affiliation). I’m sure Disney’s IT would hate that, so that’s just my wishful thinking haha.

That would work too.

What a crazy morning! I can't believe how crazy it was ... running DVC and AP at the same time was definitely surprising. I was in the DVC queue with multiple browsers and NONE of mine were anywhere close to the front of the line - Maybe bad karma from Disney for leaking that DVC link early? :rotfl2:

At the same time the DVC queues were loading, I heard the sound that plays to say it is your turn to enter the website, I was going crazy looking through the DVC ones to see which one had loaded and I couldn't find one - and then I saw a post that said the AP previews were also live.

As we were approaching 9am, I happened to load up a bunch of browser windows with the AP link and they were all hitting, telling me it was my turn - I finally figured it out and was able to grab May 8th which just so happens to be the last day I'm at WDW.

Then had to convince the wife to change our flights, extend hotel and rental car ... phew, I hope I didn't forget anything!

I still don't have a confirmation on my AP preview though - but I know it processed because when I tried to go back into the AP Preview link to see what the dates were (I clicked so fast I didn't remember what they all were) - it said I had already registered. I do have a screenshot and PDF of the website confirmation though (thanks to whoever recommended that!)

Been a fun filled last week or so since the original preview email dropped checking every day to see if the preview went live - congrats to everyone who got into the preview - now I'm moving on to trying to get Moonlight Magic at Hollywood Studios, another nail biter but at least I know the date/time ahead of schedule! :)

I'm exhausted from all of the excitement - I wish I could go take a nap!

Last edited:
What a crazy morning! I can't believe how crazy it was ... running DVC and AP at the same time was definitely surprising. I was in the DVC queue with multiple browsers and NONE of mine were anywhere close to the front of the line - Maybe bad karma from Disney for leaking that DVC link early? :rotfl2:

At the same time the DVC queues were loading, I heard the sound that places to say it is your turn to enter the website, I was going crazy looking through the DVC ones to see which one had loaded and I couldn't find one - and then I saw a post that said the AP previews were also live.

As we were approaching 9am, I happened to load up a bunch of browser windows with the AP link and they were all hitting, telling me it was my turn - I finally figured it out and was able to grab May 8th which just so happens to be the last day I'm at WDW.

Then had to convince the wife to change our flights, extend hotel and rental car ... phew, I hope I didn't forget anything!

I still don't have a confirmation on my AP preview though - but I know it processed because when I tried to go back into the AP Preview link to see what the dates were (I clicked so fast I didn't remember what they all were) - it said I had already registered. I do have a screenshot and PDF of the website confirmation though (thanks to whoever recommended that!)

Been an amazing last week or so since the original preview email dropped - congrats to everyone who got into the preview - now I'm moving on to trying to get Moonlight Magic at Hollywood Studios, another nail biter but at least I know the date/time ahead of schedule! :)
Have a fabulous trip!! Thank you for helping the rest of us sign up. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter