Gold Magic Access/Hotel Questions HKDL

verobeachlover

Earning My Ears
Hi all - I hope everyone is having a great week.

I'm posting since I have a few questions regarding my upcoming trip to HKDL next March 14-17. In preparation for the trip, I went ahead and purchased the Gold Magic Access Annual Pass, since I am able to get the student rate and it was comparable in price to just buying 4 day tickets.

However, after purchasing the pass and going in to make a park reservation, I was only allowed to make one reservation for March 14th, and then I receive a notice that I have reached the maximum number of park reservations for my pass type - despite the website's terms and conditions stating that Gold Access pass holders can make multiple reservations. I also never noticed anywhere on the website where it says you can only make one park reservation until you physically pick up your pass, and I searched through the website quite extensively to ensure I wasn't missing something.

After I noticed this, I sent an email to HKDL's guest services, asking if they could help me in making park reservations for the remaining days. The response I received stated that
"from Sep 6 ,2023 onwards, Park Visit Reservation is made based on the date selected upon ticket purchase at Hong Kong Disneyland official website or WeChat mini program. Guests purchasing 1-Day and 2-Day Tickets on these platforms will not be required to make Park Visit Reservation separately after their ticket purchase. For latest information and resort maintenance schedule, please visit our website at https://www.hongkongdisneyland.com/."..... Clearly not helpful, I'm assuming a language barrier played a role.

So then I decided to reach out to their chat support on their website (which I suspect is a US-based staff that mostly just handles bookings, but I could be wrong), and the cast member told me that I can't make multiple reservations until I have the physical card in hand, but proceeded to ask if I have a hotel reservation - which I do at the Disneyland Hotel. From there, he told me that "Your park entry is guaranteed during your staying period so you will still have park entry during this staying period." While this is a bit of a relief, there is absolutely nothing stating this on their website (at least that I can find), and some places even say that a hotel booking does not guarantee park entry and that a reservation still must be made. I obviously screenshotted the conversation just in case if this is untrue.

So.... I guess my questions are.... 1. Is there any way for me to make multiple park reservations for HKDL without the actual card in hand? and...... 2. Was the cast members right when I was told that a hotel booking will guarantee park entry? I'll be traveling from Florida on an "around the world" adventure - stopping at Aulani first, then Tokyo city and the Tokyo parks, followed by Hong Kong, and ending in Paris, so it is very important that I actually have access to the park these days given the time/money put into making this trip a reality and the unlikelihood that I'll ever get to go back.

Thank you in advance for any help you can provide, it is greatly appreciated. Hopefully everyone is having a good holiday season.

Gold Magic Access should be able to make up to 6 park reservations. I don't know anyone who has pre-purchased and tried to make reservations prior to picking up the pass so if there's other restrictions related to having the physical pass in hand, I'm not aware of it.

It is not true that guests at the Disney hotels have guaranteed entry. During each of the pandemic reopenings, the park got blasted for only allowing Magic Access holders one reservation at a time despite booking a hotel (the number of maximum reservations has changed several times since then).

That said, there's almost zero chance of them running out of reservations on your specific dates. The last time I recall any ticket or pass type running out of reservations is 2022 and they didn't even run out of reservations during the first few days of World of Frozen being open. If you're worried, then reserve the Saturday in advance and deal with the other reservations when you arrive.

1. Is there any way for me to make multiple park reservations for HKDL without the actual card in hand?
--> no , only one reservation ( for the day that you pick up the pass ) . I've tried to check the dates in advance , but could not find any calender that shows availability in the future ( you need a pass to check it )

2. Was the cast members right when I was told that a hotel booking will guarantee park entry?
--> no , you need reservation

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter