Going Back! The 2nd Time's Gotta Be Even Better Than The 1st, right? - A Sept PTR

Neat! Besides my DLSRs and Lomos I have a Canon Rebel 35mm SLR. And I have a bunch of point and shoot 35mm cameras that friends and family have just given me when they bought digital cameras. And then I have a bunch of point and shoot digital cameras... but the one I use the most is a Sony T70. Eventually I'd like to get an underwater P&S and one of those Sony P&Ss that have the Panorama Sweep mode.

I also have a film SLR, a Nikon 6006 back when I did darkroom photography in high school. I have to fish that out, I think my parents have it somewhere in their house. I have been itching to experiment with film just for fun.
I have an underwater p&s, I have the Panasonic Lumix TS1. It's pretty darn cool. I took it snorkeling in Hawaii and got amazing pictures of fish and giant sea turtles. It also takes HD video too which is why I got that model. The panoramic camera from sony looks pretty cool too. I will have to check that out!

Love all your gear! I have never tried a lens baby but I have seen it's results. Does the lensbaby act as a tilt-shift lens in a way?
Myself, I have a huge Lowepro backpack which serves as storage for most of my gear, a Crumpler 7 million-dollar messenger style which was my first bag but got small really quickly. I also have a shootsac for when I shoot, and I just invested in a Kelly Moore bag, which provides more support than the shootsac, and also looks uber-chic. :)

I have been perusing etsy.com and love all the handmade camera straps and bags in cute prints and colors. If I do decide to bring the dslr to Disney, I would definitely need to get a very comfortable and compact bag and strap.
:woohoo:

ok- so far your plans look great! I am SO jealous of your DSLR Cameras. I'm trying to save up for the Canon rebel xt1i. Thank you SO much for posting the used camera sites! I still wish I was there at the same time you're there. Are you SURE you don't want to wait a month???!!?? Hahaha I just wish we could be there at the same time! Someday!

Good luck saving up for your camera! Buying used is definitely a great way to save money! Photographers are always upgrading to more megapixels, so there's always plenty of used DSLRs for sale in excellent condition! You can also try looking for used DSLRs on Craigslist or at your local camera store.

Haha, maybe next year our trips will coincide! :)

I also have a film SLR, a Nikon 6006 back when I did darkroom photography in high school. I have to fish that out, I think my parents have it somewhere in their house. I have been itching to experiment with film just for fun.
I have an underwater p&s, I have the Panasonic Lumix TS1. It's pretty darn cool. I took it snorkeling in Hawaii and got amazing pictures of fish and giant sea turtles. It also takes HD video too which is why I got that model. The panoramic camera from sony looks pretty cool too. I will have to check that out!

Love all your gear! I have never tried a lens baby but I have seen it's results. Does the lensbaby act as a tilt-shift lens in a way?
Myself, I have a huge Lowepro backpack which serves as storage for most of my gear, a Crumpler 7 million-dollar messenger style which was my first bag but got small really quickly. I also have a shootsac for when I shoot, and I just invested in a Kelly Moore bag, which provides more support than the shootsac, and also looks uber-chic. :)

I have been perusing etsy.com and love all the handmade camera straps and bags in cute prints and colors. If I do decide to bring the dslr to Disney, I would definitely need to get a very comfortable and compact bag and strap.
:woohoo:

Yes, a Lensbaby does work as a kind of tilt-shift lens! I love my Lensbaby because it's so versatile! It can be a pinhole lens, a fisheye lens, and a macro lens with different accessories!

Oh wow! I've never thought to look for camera accessories on Etsy! I love Etsy! It's where I buy all my jewelry! I actually make homemade candles that I give away as gifts, and for years I keep telling myself that I should start selling them on Etsy! Maybe one day I actually will!

I recently got my very first piece of Mickey Mail for this trip!

mickeymail1.jpg

I love the monorail envelope! Super cute! Anyway, it's a little booklet with information about POFQ, the dining plan, and general WDW stuff. Of course with all the time I spend online looking at WDW websites it's nothing I don't already know! But still, it's fun to get Mickey Mail!

The little booklet did have some dining suggestions for us... Yachtsman Steakhouse and California Grill. Both Signature Dining. I didn't want to do any Signature Dining on this trip because it's my first time doing free dining and I wanted to eat at as many TS restaurants as possible! Last year we were paying OOP so we mostly did QS... so this year I really wanted to do as much TS as possible. But Signature Dining is something I would really like to try on my next trip!

The booklet also had some attraction suggestions for us:

The American Idol Experience- Neither of us are American Idol fans... In fact, neither of us have ever even watched an episode! So we're not really interested in this attraction.

Expedition Everest- So last year I completely chickened out and wouldn't even ride this. I regret that. So this year I'm going to do it!! I'm so nervous and scared, but I'm going to do it!!

Soarin'- Or as I like to call it, Soarin' with Brock Samson! (I'm such a nerd.) My absolute favorite ride! And probably the very first thing we'll go on! But yes, it's a must do! And it's more fun if you ride it barefoot!

Pirates Of The Caribbean- I like the Disneyland version better. We may ride it, we may not. It's not on our A-list, but if we have time it's worth riding.

I just checked airline prices. Still the same. Hopefully we'll buy our tickets soon! The Boyfriend is waiting until he gets his vacation time approved.

That reminds me, I need to put in my vacation time. My job is so flexible that it's not a problem at all and I know I'll get the time off. I just need to make sure I tell them I can't work those days!

Yes, a Lensbaby does work as a kind of tilt-shift lens! I love my Lensbaby because it's so versatile! It can be a pinhole lens, a fisheye lens, and a macro lens with different accessories!

Oh wow! I've never thought to look for camera accessories on Etsy! I love Etsy! It's where I buy all my jewelry! I actually make homemade candles that I give away as gifts, and for years I keep telling myself that I should start selling them on Etsy! Maybe one day I actually will!

Oooh, I have to check out a lensbaby then. Maybe I can rent one to see if I like it!

Do a search on "camera strap" or "camera bag" and there are tons and tons of cute options! I dont' know which one to pick! I want one that is cute and versatile enough to wear with different colors and outfits as it is a bit hassle to change straps all the time. LOL

You should def sell your wares on Etsy! It's such a great resource. My sister sells handmade greeting cards on Etsy too.

I recently got my very first piece of Mickey Mail for this trip!

mickeymail1.jpg

I love the monorail envelope! Super cute! Anyway, it's a little booklet with information about POFQ, the dining plan, and general WDW stuff. Of course with all the time I spend online looking at WDW websites it's nothing I don't already know! But still, it's fun to get Mickey Mail!

The little booklet did have some dining suggestions for us... Yachtsman Steakhouse and California Grill. Both Signature Dining. I didn't want to do any Signature Dining on this trip because it's my first time doing free dining and I wanted to eat at as many TS restaurants as possible! Last year we were paying OOP so we mostly did QS... so this year I really wanted to do as much TS as possible. But Signature Dining is something I would really like to try on my next trip!

The booklet also had some attraction suggestions for us:

The American Idol Experience- Neither of us are American Idol fans... In fact, neither of us have ever even watched an episode! So we're not really interested in this attraction.

Expedition Everest- So last year I completely chickened out and wouldn't even ride this. I regret that. So this year I'm going to do it!! I'm so nervous and scared, but I'm going to do it!!

Soarin'- Or as I like to call it, Soarin' with Brock Samson! (I'm such a nerd.) My absolute favorite ride! And probably the very first thing we'll go on! But yes, it's a must do! And it's more fun if you ride it barefoot!

Pirates Of The Caribbean- I like the Disneyland version better. We may ride it, we may not. It's not on our A-list, but if we have time it's worth riding.

I just checked airline prices. Still the same. Hopefully we'll buy our tickets soon! The Boyfriend is waiting until he gets his vacation time approved.

That reminds me, I need to put in my vacation time. My job is so flexible that it's not a problem at all and I know I'll get the time off. I just need to make sure I tell them I can't work those days!

Oooh Disney mail! Sounds fun! The only disney mail I got were the customized maps that I signed up for. How soon after you booked did you get the mail?

I have done Signature dining before, but not on the dining plan. We did Brown Derby, CRT and Coral Reef. They were all really good but I am not sure I would use up 2 TS for them!

American Idol - never watch this show either, but I woudlnt' mind sitting in on this if I was looking for something new.

Expedition Everest - went on this only once in 2007. It was pretty scary. DH loves it though. Last year, the standby was too long, and there were no more FP!

Soarin - LOVE THIS RIDE!!! I always ride barefoot!!

Pirates - yes the DL one is better. And I've always wanted to eat at that restaurant that you seein the beginning of the ride. Too bad WDW doesnt' have the same restaurant as I've always wanted to eat in a restaurant within a ride. LOL

Oooh, I have to check out a lensbaby then. Maybe I can rent one to see if I like it!

That's a good idea! If possible you may want to rent (or at least try out in a store) each of the different models (Composer, Muse, and Control Freak) to see which one you like using the best. With the Muse and Control Freak you push and pull on the lens to focus... which is a little odd and awkward at first and takes some getting used to. (The difference between the two is that the Control Freak will lock in place while the Muse you have to physically hold with your hand to keep it in place.) With the Composer there's a focus ring that you turn just like with any regular lens... so it feels a lot more natural.

Oooh Disney mail! Sounds fun! The only disney mail I got were the customized maps that I signed up for. How soon after you booked did you get the mail?

I believe it arrived about a week after I booked my trip.

Pirates - yes the DL one is better. And I've always wanted to eat at that restaurant that you seein the beginning of the ride. Too bad WDW doesnt' have the same restaurant as I've always wanted to eat in a restaurant within a ride. LOL

I love the Blue Bayou! My favorite place to eat in Disneyland!

So last year after I got back from my trip I read about the Wishes Dessert Party and it sounded fantastic!!! I have such a sweet tooth and so it was right up my alley! But... The Boyfriend has no sweet tooth at all whatsoever! He refuses to even eat cake or cookies or cupcakes! He does like cheesecake. And he'll eat ice cream occasionally. So there are some sweet things he'll eat... but for the most part he's not a really big sweets guy. So I figured the Wishes Dessert Party would be something we'd never do. Since it's kind of pricey for someone that doesn't want to eat a lot of desserts!

Well, the other night we were talking about WDW and I mentioned the Wishes Dessert Party and explained to him what it was. And much to my surprise he said he'd be interested in doing that!

So now it's something we're considering!

I guess currently they're only booking the WDP up until August 14th-ish. So I don't even know if they'll offer it in September. So we'll have to wait and see!

The night we're at MK we have a dinner ADR at The Wave for 7:35pm. There's no we'd be able to make the dessert party with that! Well, the earliest they serve dinner at The Wave is 5. So I went ahead and made an ADR for 5 that night. And as soon as we decide if we're doing the WDP or not, we'll drop one of the ADRs.

So I still don't know if it's something we should do this trip or not. Like I said, The Boyfriend is not big on sweets... so I don't know if he'd really enjoy it. Plus, with free dining we'll be getting dessert with every meal (well, except for breakfast... which I'm planning on having beignets for breakfast anyway and that's basically a dessert!) so we might be a bit dessert-ed out as it is.

But that fireworks view would be really nice! And I could get some great pictures!

So hmmm....

Why must MK be dry??? If they served booze at the WDP it would be a no-brainer! We'd be there in a heartbeat!

Has anyone ever done the WDP? Thoughts? Anyone planning to do it on their next trip?

So now it's something we're considering!

I guess currently they're only booking the WDP up until August 14th-ish. So I don't even know if they'll offer it in September. So we'll have to wait and see!

YUM, I totally want to do WDP too! Except that I have to see whether or not it will be extended into Sept too! From what I have read, they extended it last year, so most likely if it's popular, they will extend it this year too. I like sweets, but DH likes it a bit less than I do, but I think we'll be willing to do this mostly for the experience. It would be cool to take pictures of fireworks! The last time I tried, was 4th of July last year, and I had a tripod which I took up to our roof deck. I shot using the bulb setting so I could control the exposure. Some pics actually turned out pretty good! Obviously I won't have my tripod at Disney but maybe I could balance the camera on the railing or something.

Cross our fingers and hope WDP is extended!! :banana:

YUM, I totally want to do WDP too! Except that I have to see whether or not it will be extended into Sept too! From what I have read, they extended it last year, so most likely if it's popular, they will extend it this year too. I like sweets, but DH likes it a bit less than I do, but I think we'll be willing to do this mostly for the experience. It would be cool to take pictures of fireworks! The last time I tried, was 4th of July last year, and I had a tripod which I took up to our roof deck. I shot using the bulb setting so I could control the exposure. Some pics actually turned out pretty good! Obviously I won't have my tripod at Disney but maybe I could balance the camera on the railing or something.

Cross our fingers and hope WDP is extended!! :banana:

You could get a Gorrilapod! I have the SLR-Zoom model and it works great with my camera. But it's a super small, lightweight, portable tripod that you can use just about anywhere! Sounds like it would be ideal for something like this!

I really hope it's extended!!! I want my desserts! :)

You could get a Gorrilapod! I have the SLR-Zoom model and it works great with my camera. But it's a super small, lightweight, portable tripod that you can use just about anywhere! Sounds like it would be ideal for something like this!

I really hope it's extended!!! I want my desserts! :)

The gorrilapod is awesome! I have one for my p&s and i brought it to Disney last year and it was fantastic. I didn't have to ask anyone to take a picture of us. I was thinking of getting one of my dslr too. but that one is pretty big! I'll have to decide if it's worth lugging around with me to the parks. Right now I am on the fence of whether to bring the dslr with me. Maybe if can get DH to carry it when I am tired. LOL. :rotfl:

Just a quick update before I need to leave for work... but The Boyfriend and I both put in our vacation requests at work this week and they've both been approved!

:yay:

So I've been having nightmares lately about my trip! Two nights ago I dreamt that I was at WDW, but I hadn't packed anything I needed like my camera, sunglasses, sunscreen, etc. And then last night I dreamt I was at WDW and things kept going wrong like I'd miss my ADRs and my favorite rides would break down and close!

Just a quick update before I need to leave for work... but The Boyfriend and I both put in our vacation requests at work this week and they've both been approved!

:yay:

So I've been having nightmares lately about my trip! Two nights ago I dreamt that I was at WDW, but I hadn't packed anything I needed like my camera, sunglasses, sunscreen, etc. And then last night I dreamt I was at WDW and things kept going wrong like I'd miss my ADRs and my favorite rides would break down and close!

YAY for the vacation days approved!! Woohoo!

BOO for the nightmares! I'd be freaked out of that happened to me. I'd make someone pinch me until I woke up. Miss an ADR!??! No way!!! LOL:rotfl:

Ok... so here's where I'm thinking about eating for every meal!

Sunday- We arrive at MCO mid-day, so I'm figuring by the time we get to WDW and check into our hotel it will about dinner time. So we'll hop on the boat and head to DTD to use a QS credit!

Dinner- Either Wolfgang Puck Express or Earl of Sandwich... whichever we're in the mood for I guess!

Monday- Epcot Day!

Breakfast- POFQ Food Court (OOP)
Lunch- Coral Reef
Dinner- Tangierine Cafe

Tuesday- Animal Kingdom Day!

Lunch- Yak and Yeti
Dinner- Kona Cafe

Wednesday- Magic Kingdom Day!

Okay... this is what I originally planned:

Lunch- Cosmic Ray's
Dinner- The Wave

BUT... if they extend the Wishes Dessert Party to when we're there I'm thinking we'll do Lunch at The Wave then Dinner at Cosmic Ray's.

Thursday- Hollywood Studios Day!

Lunch- Sci-Fi
Dinner- Studio Catering Company

Friday- Our flight home is in the evening, I'm figuring the ME will come for us around 3pm

Lunch- Back to DTD! And either Wolfgang Puck Express or Earl of Sandwich... whichever one we did not eat at on Sunday!

So here are some pictures of meals I got on my last trip that I'm planning on getting again!

Mickey Waffles:

2875927760105608304S500x500Q85.jpg

Seared Marinated Tofu at Sci-Fi:

2970668890105608304S500x500Q85.jpg

Falafel Wrap at Tangierine Cafe:

2148139230105608304S500x500Q85.jpg

Now I just need to figure out where I want to use my snack credits!!! Suggestions??

Non-Disney Stuff

First of all, I am currently fostering two Syrian hamsters for a local small animal rescue! They are both males and are about 4 weeks old! Their names are Nacho and Queso! I plan on taking pictures of them tonight, so I'll post them ASAP!

I'm not sure if I already mentioned this or not, but I got a Betta fish! His name is Walter Fishop!

Also, I'm throwing an Apartment Warming Party this weekend! I'm so excited about it! It's going to be a post-dinner party, so I'll be serving hor d'oeuvres and snack foods. I'm also making alcoholic punch and non-alcoholic punch! And I bought different scented candles for all the rooms! And I have little colorful lanterns to hang on the porch! Haha, I'm really excited! I'll be taking lots of pictures!

In other exciting news, I found a bird's nest full of eggs on my porch! And sometimes I can see the mama bird out there sitting on her nest! I'm not sure what kind of bird she is, but maybe I can get a good picture of her so I can identify her! But yes, I'm really excited about little baby birdies soon!

So E3 was last week! I am SO excited about the Nintendo 3DS. Even more so about the new Animal Crossing game coming out for it!!!!! Oh, I can't wait! Until then I guess I'll just keep my City Folk town going...

Disney Stuff Unrelated To My Trip

So I've never been on a cruise in my life. But I love boats and I love the ocean, so it's always something I've wanted to do. And while planning my trip I realized I know so much about WDW, but hardly anything at all about the DCL. So I requested one of those Disney Cruise planning DVD thingies. It came last week, so I watched it over the weekend.

Oh no. Now I've gone from being vaguely interested in a Disney Cruise, to I WANT TO GO ON ONE SO BAD!!!!

Problem is, all my favorite people to travel with (The Boyfriend and my parents) are very anti-cruise and don't want to go on one at all!!! And I don't like to travel alone!

So now I'm trying to figure out who to go on a Disney cruise with... I might ask either The Boyfriend's mom or my best friend (he lives in CT and I haven't seen him in nearly 4 years)... At least find out if they'd even be interested.

WDW Trip Stuff

Hopefully we will be buying our plane tickets this week!!! I asked The Boyfriend when he wanted to buy them and he said, "Whenever." Then I asked if he wanted to buy them tonight and he said, "We'll see." :/ Hopefully it will be soon! I want to get them before the prices go up!!!

I have to pay off my trip 1 month from tomorrow. My plan is to pay it all off the first week of July... right after I get my paycheck!

Non-Disney Stuff

First of all, I am currently fostering two Syrian hamsters for a local small animal rescue! They are both males and are about 4 weeks old! Their names are Nacho and Queso! I plan on taking pictures of them tonight, so I'll post them ASAP!

I'm not sure if I already mentioned this or not, but I got a Betta fish! His name is Walter Fishop!

Awww those are the cutest names ever for a hamster. What exactly is a Betta fish? Walter Fishop is a cute name for a fish too!

Also, I'm throwing an Apartment Warming Party this weekend! I'm so excited about it! It's going to be a post-dinner party, so I'll be serving hor d'oeuvres and snack foods. I'm also making alcoholic punch and non-alcoholic punch! And I bought different scented candles for all the rooms! And I have little colorful lanterns to hang on the porch! Haha, I'm really excited! I'll be taking lots of pictures!

In other exciting news, I found a bird's nest full of eggs on my porch! And sometimes I can see the mama bird out there sitting on her nest! I'm not sure what kind of bird she is, but maybe I can get a good picture of her so I can identify her! But yes, I'm really excited about little baby birdies soon!

Oooh love the sound of the lanterns and candles! Can't wait to see the pictures of your party! And who doesn't love punch!!?!? I love making punch for parties. I use frozen berries and they float around and act like "ice" without diluting the punch. Oh and I love making sangria too!

How cute that you have a birds nest complete with mama bird! That must be so interesting to watch when the eggs hatch!

So E3 was last week! I am SO excited about the Nintendo 3DS. Even more so about the new Animal Crossing game coming out for it!!!!! Oh, I can't wait! Until then I guess I'll just keep my City Folk town going...

I love E3!! I love reading about it. I still have to catch up on my E3 news. I have a Nintendo DSi - I dont' use it much but I do like the Animal Crossing game! I have every other gaming machine though, PS3, xBox, Wii, as well as the older stuff: PS2, Dreamcast, Super Nintendos...etc. My favorite games have been the Final Fantasy series.

I have never been to E3 but I have been to NY Comic-con every year for the past 3 years. Not as big as the San Diego one, but it's a lot of fun!!

Disney Stuff Unrelated To My Trip

So I've never been on a cruise in my life. But I love boats and I love the ocean, so it's always something I've wanted to do. And while planning my trip I realized I know so much about WDW, but hardly anything at all about the DCL. So I requested one of those Disney Cruise planning DVD thingies. It came last week, so I watched it over the weekend.

Oh no. Now I've gone from being vaguely interested in a Disney Cruise, to I WANT TO GO ON ONE SO BAD!!!!

Problem is, all my favorite people to travel with (The Boyfriend and my parents) are very anti-cruise and don't want to go on one at all!!! And I don't like to travel alone!

So now I'm trying to figure out who to go on a Disney cruise with... I might ask either The Boyfriend's mom or my best friend (he lives in CT and I haven't seen him in nearly 4 years)... At least find out if they'd even be interested.

Oooh I'd love to go on a Disney cruise! It's super expensive though. Much more so than cruises on regular lines. They look so awesome though and I'm sure they are well worth it after you experience it once.

WDW Trip Stuff

Hopefully we will be buying our plane tickets this week!!! I asked The Boyfriend when he wanted to buy them and he said, "Whenever." Then I asked if he wanted to buy them tonight and he said, "We'll see." :/ Hopefully it will be soon! I want to get them before the prices go up!!!

I have to pay off my trip 1 month from tomorrow. My plan is to pay it all off the first week of July... right after I get my paycheck!

Yay!! My trip is due Jul 20th. So I will be paying that off then too. I love that by the time our trip rolls around we will have paid for it and since most of the dining is free, it's like an all-inclusive vacation. Somewhat. LOL.

Good luck on getting the plane tickets!

Ooh food, my favorite topic. Here are my notes in blue:

Ok... so here's where I'm thinking about eating for every meal!

Sunday- We arrive at MCO mid-day, so I'm figuring by the time we get to WDW and check into our hotel it will about dinner time. So we'll hop on the boat and head to DTD to use a QS credit!

Dinner- Either Wolfgang Puck Express or Earl of Sandwich... whichever we're in the mood for I guess! Either sounds great!

Monday- Epcot Day!

Lunch- Coral Reef
Dinner- Tangierine Cafe
great choices!

Tuesday- Animal Kingdom Day!

Lunch- Yak and Yeti I wanna try this too!
Dinner- Kona Cafe

Wednesday- Magic Kingdom Day!

Okay... this is what I originally planned:

Lunch- Cosmic Ray's
Dinner- The Wave

BUT... if they extend the Wishes Dessert Party to when we're there I'm thinking we'll do Lunch at The Wave then Dinner at Cosmic Ray's.
I am hoping they extend the wishes dessert party too!

Thursday- Hollywood Studios Day!

Lunch- Sci-Fi
Dinner- Studio Catering Company

Friday- Our flight home is in the evening, I'm figuring the ME will come for us around 3pm

Lunch- Back to DTD! And either Wolfgang Puck Express or Earl of Sandwich... whichever one we did not eat at on Sunday!

So here are some pictures of meals I got on my last trip that I'm planning on getting again!

Mickey Waffles: love these!!

2875927760105608304S500x500Q85.jpg

Seared Marinated Tofu at Sci-Fi: wow this looks really good! What kind of sauce is on it? Is that a curry-based sauce? It sounds delish.

2970668890105608304S500x500Q85.jpg

Falafel Wrap at Tangierine Cafe: yum. I love falafel. BTW, are you vegetarian? Seems like all the choices you put are veggie meals! LOL

2148139230105608304S500x500Q85.jpg

Now I just need to figure out where I want to use my snack credits!!! Suggestions??

I vote for the cream-cheese stuffed pretzel that you can get at the lunching pad in tomorrowland! I still have to make a list of snacks to try. I want to try them all!

Woo Hoo! We bought our plane tickets last night!!!! We're going to Disney! :woohoo:

There's no backing out now!!!

We're flying Southwest. I'm so excited! It's looking like flying is going to be a much more pleasurable experience this year than last year for many reasons:

1. Last year I wanted to get to WDW as early as I could, so I booked a 7 am flight that arrived in Orlando around noon. This worked out great for me... not so much for The Boyfriend. He doesn't do early mornings. So by the time we checked into our hotel, he was completely exhausted and just collapsed in the bed and slept until 5. So while he napped, I walked around the resort and hung out in the gift shop! So we didn't get to really check out WDW until that evening anyway.

So this year I decided no early flights! Our flight there leaves at 1:00 pm and is scheduled to arrive in Orlando around 3 pm.

2. Last year we flew Delta and they didn't have any direct flights to Orlando. (Or if they did they were crazy expensive.) So both the flight there and the flight back we had to change planes in Atlanta. Which made our overall travel time take several hours. And we almost missed our plane coming home!

This year I learned that Southwest has direct flights to Orlando! And it costs the same as what we paid to fly last year! Our travel time will be significantly shorter! And we don't have to deal with the hassle of switching planes!

3. Delta charged extra for checked luggage last year, so we didn't bother and traveled with only carry-ons. Which meant we had to measure our liquids and put them in zip-loc bags.

Southwest lets you check two bags for free, so this year we're checking bags! We don't have to worry about liquids! And we can bring more stuff and/or buy more (and bigger!) souvenirs while at WDW!

Here's some travel pictures from last year:

2469693410105608304S500x500Q85.jpg

I love those moving sidewalks!!

2149062780105608304S500x500Q85.jpg

Look how tired he is! I told you he doesn't do mornings!

2161269590105608304S500x500Q85.jpg

Sunrise!

2637530320105608304S500x500Q85.jpg

The Boyfriend watching Venture Bros on the plane!

2043665290105608304S500x500Q85.jpg

Going to Orlando!

2128879050105608304S500x500Q85.jpg

Riding the tram thingie at the Orlando airport!

Ooh! Now that I know my flight info, I need to book Magical Express!

2397163270105608304S500x500Q85.jpg

And I'm off to go do that now....

Awww those are the cutest names ever for a hamster. What exactly is a Betta fish? Walter Fishop is a cute name for a fish too!

Thank you! Here's the Wikipedia entry for Betta fish.

Do you watch Fringe? There's a character on there named Walter Bishop, which is where Walter Fishop came from!

Oooh love the sound of the lanterns and candles! Can't wait to see the pictures of your party! And who doesn't love punch!!?!? I love making punch for parties. I use frozen berries and they float around and act like "ice" without diluting the punch. Oh and I love making sangria too!

How cute that you have a birds nest complete with mama bird! That must be so interesting to watch when the eggs hatch!

Oh, that's a great idea about the frozen berries!!! I've never made sangria... but I do enjoy drinking it!

Haha, I'm too scared to go out on my porch because I don't want to bother the mama bird!!!

I love E3!! I love reading about it. I still have to catch up on my E3 news. I have a Nintendo DSi - I dont' use it much but I do like the Animal Crossing game! I have every other gaming machine though, PS3, xBox, Wii, as well as the older stuff: PS2, Dreamcast, Super Nintendos...etc. My favorite games have been the Final Fantasy series.

I have never been to E3 but I have been to NY Comic-con every year for the past 3 years. Not as big as the San Diego one, but it's a lot of fun!!

Hehe, I have an original DS, a DS Lite and a DSi! And now I'm going to get the 3DS when it comes out. We have a PS3, an XBox 360 and two Wiis (His & Her Wiis!) but I play my DSes more than anything. I also have a PSP that I play occasionally. (We have older game systems too, but they're not hooked up. They're put away in closets somewhere...)

I've never been to E3 either. I had a lot of friends that would go back when it was open to the general public. Now it's invite only, but The Boyfriend's best friend went this year! He's a game developer so he got an invite. We actually saw him in the background of some E3 videos we watched online!

I used to go to San Diego Comic Con every year! I haven't been since 2008 though. Haven't been to the NY one, but I might check it out one year!

Yay!! My trip is due Jul 20th. So I will be paying that off then too. I love that by the time our trip rolls around we will have paid for it and since most of the dining is free, it's like an all-inclusive vacation. Somewhat. LOL.

I know!!! Last year I booked hotel and theme park tickets separate and didn't do a package. So while I was at WDW I had to make sure I had enough money left in my bank account at the end of the trip to pay for my hotel room! That won't be an issue this year! So looking forward to that!

I am hoping they extend the wishes dessert party too!

I read here on the DIS that someone called earlier this week and the CM they spoke with said they're probably going to extend it this week. Last year they extended it on 6/25 to run through 10/4!

wow this looks really good! What kind of sauce is on it? Is that a curry-based sauce? It sounds delish.

The menu said it's a mango glaze!

yum. I love falafel. BTW, are you vegetarian? Seems like all the choices you put are veggie meals! LOL

Haha, I'm not actually! I just really like a lot of vegetarian food! I eat a lot of tofu. But I do eat meat.

I vote for the cream-cheese stuffed pretzel that you can get at the lunching pad in tomorrowland! I still have to make a list of snacks to try. I want to try them all!

Ooh! That sounds good! There's a Jalapeno cheese stuffed pretzel in Animal Kingdom that sounds really good too!

Yay! :yay: You are flying Southwest. I loved flying with Southwest in January. You can't beat the price & the direct flights are great. I paid the $10 per flight for Early Bird check-in & I got the exact seat that I wanted for both flights. I was very happy with them.
The jalapeno cheese stuffed pretzel sounds awesome! Where in AK can I find it?!?!?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter