Glen Campbell

My favorite GC songs are Dreams of the Everyday Housewife, Try a Little Kindness, Country Boy and Sunflower. I like most of his '60s and'70s recordings. I watched his variety show as a kid. RIP, Mr Campbell.

He was an extraordinary talent. Many folks may not know that prior to his solo career and touring with The Beach Boys, he was a much in-demand session guitarist. I read yesterday that he played on 586 songs just in 1963! Among hundreds of others that's Glen on Mr. Tambourine Man (The Byrds) and You've Lost That Lovin Feeling (Righteous Bros.)

He was an extraordinary talent. Many folks may not know that prior to his solo career and touring with The Beach Boys, he was a much in-demand session guitarist. I read yesterday that he played on 586 songs just in 1963! Among hundreds of others that's Glen on Mr. Tambourine Man (The Byrds) and You've Lost That Lovin Feeling (Righteous Bros.)
I find that part of his history fascinating. We watched a documentary on the Wrecking Crew (the LA session musicians that included Glen). It is definitely worth finding if you are a fan of sixties music.

Such a poignant last song that he recorded. I watched "I'll Be Me" tonight and loved watching his interactions with his family and the love they had for him. My DH worked many of his shows when he appeared in Reno and always enjoyed him as an entertainer and gentleman. Rest well, Glen. Your time on earth is done. May you sing beautifully in Heaven, free of the ravages of Alzheimer's.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter