GLBTQ Teens (And some straights too!) come on in and chat!

RI isn't big on it either, surprisingly. For a state smushed between MA and CT :rotfl:

Holy Moses, this thread is OOOOLLLLDDDD!!!

But anyway, can I just say that now, more than ever, am I proud to be from New England? New Hampshire, Mass, and Vermont all allow gay marriage, so we're a pretty awesome corner of the world right now! I swear, the fact that we're so close to Canada is influencing our political choices!

But yeah, that's life right now.

yeeeeee baby :thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

glad that prop 8 was overturned in cali. hope the rest of you guys follow!

look at this interesting little thing i found:
gay-marriage-vs-first-cousins.jpg

hey, hope you don't mind if i join!
name: megan
orientation: CSP

i do a TON of theatre... so GLBTQ doesn't bother me. some of my best friends are gay, and they are some of he coolest people i know! :)

we had a tradgic accedent at our school almost a year ago. this boy named michael was having ahard time coming out. his group of friends knew and he was sneaking off to GSA meetings. after incouragement from friends he came out to the school. most where excepting of him. so he decided to tell his mother and sister. they where totally fine with the mater. so on haloween he called his dad and told him what everyone has now embraced: that he was gay. well the dad went livid calling him the F word and things like pansie. well michael went to a halloween party that night and acted perfectly fine, even though his dad just totally rejected him. after the party his sister went into his room to talk to him, and she found him hanging in the closet. she screamed and he was imediatly rushed to the hospital where he layed in a coma on life support for three days. when they finally took him off life support he stayed alive in his coma for another 2 days. the intire school took it very,very hard. we had speakers and counsolers tlaking about gay exceptance, and how suicide is never the answer. even his dad came in and told us the story and how he wished he could turn back time and except his son. and now almost a year later our school has raised over $5,000 dollars for groups and projects to help prevent suicide.

hey, hope you don't mind if i join!
name: megan
orientation: CSP

i do a TON of theatre... so GLBTQ doesn't bother me. some of my best friends are gay, and they are some of he coolest people i know! :)

we had a tradgic accedent at our school almost a year ago. this boy named michael was having ahard time coming out. his group of friends knew and he was sneaking off to GSA meetings. after incouragement from friends he came out to the school. most where excepting of him. so he decided to tell his mother and sister. they where totally fine with the mater. so on haloween he called his dad and told him what everyone has now embraced: that he was gay. well the dad went livid calling him the F word and things like pansie. well michael went to a halloween party that night and acted perfectly fine, even though his dad just totally rejected him. after the party his sister went into his room to talk to him, and she found him hanging in the closet. she screamed and he was imediatly rushed to the hospital where he layed in a coma on life support for three days. when they finally took him off life support he stayed alive in his coma for another 2 days. the intire school took it very,very hard. we had speakers and counsolers tlaking about gay exceptance, and how suicide is never the answer. even his dad came in and told us the story and how he wished he could turn back time and except his son. and now almost a year later our school has raised over $5,000 dollars for groups and projects to help prevent suicide.
Wow, that's horrible. His dad should've been at least charged or sent to jail. I bet everybody hates him.

Oh, I'm a CST.

sadly no... but i think the guilt and blame will forever be on his conscience.

whoa... i didn't know i could be that deep!

It's true that gay teenagers are more likely to commit suicide than straight teenagers.

That was a really sad story. R.I.P. Michael.

It's true that gay teenagers are more likely to commit suicide than straight teenagers.

That was a really sad story. R.I.P. Michael.

thanks... it is sad and i didn't mean to be a deby downer, but if his story could stop another teen from doing it than his purpose on earth was fufilled.
That's beyond unfair he got off scot free.

yea i know...

Leave it to Meggy Megs to make a great thread like this! :-) I'm a CSP, woot woot! :D

So, if any of y'all have been following Degrassi, how do you feel about Adam?
I spent a good hour bawling earlier, I felt so angry, and yet so sad about that situation. I can't believe how people treat others. It drove me up the wall. We have somewhat of a transgender at my school, and nobody ever thinks of her as anything other than a guy. Any person who would dtry ot bully her, would have about 200 other kids to deal with after.

Anyhoo, CSP here. I'm currently trying to deal with close minded people in my life. A guy at work tried to tell me it was okay for him to be afraid of gays because he's homophobic and it's a phobia. Sorry, you don't have a phobia of any sort, you haven't been diagnosed and it's not affecting your life negatively. I don't really want to work with him anymore after arguing with him.

Another CSP joining but one with A TON of gay and bi people. Like others have said on here, the theatre is often home to some of them and I have met some of the best people ever though it.

And I find it slightly disturbing (going back here a bit...sorry people) that I can marry my cousin where I live but same sex marriage is a no-go. There is definitely something seriously wrong with this picture!

Another CSP joining but one with A TON of gay and bi people. Like others have said on here, the theatre is often home to some of them and I have met some of the best people ever though it.

And I find it slightly disturbing (going back here a bit...sorry people) that I can marry my cousin where I live but same sex marriage is a no-go. There is definitely something seriously wrong with this picture!
can i say that i loooove your angel icon!!!!! my friend was angel when second city (started tina fey and other SNL cast members) did rent. he was FABULOUS!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter