GKTW Online Event: Video Game Marathon ...

TigerTown

Disney Running TK
Hello Fellow DIS’ers,

I was thinking of ideas for a fundraising event for GKTW and I thought it would be fun to play video games for GKTW. Our family's plan is to play video games (specifically World of Warcraft) from 9 AM to 9 PM on Saturday September 17th and ask friends and family for pledges to GKTW.

I have set up a first giving page for the event and I would like to invite any other gamers in the DIS community to join us and raise pledges from your own friends and family. I was thinking that when people make donations on the first giving page they can indicate which player they are sponsoring. I will try and track the donations and see if I can get someone to donate a prize for the person that raises the most money.

Feel free to play any video game that you would like and if you’re not able to commit to an entire day of gaming, you could form a team and commit to the 12 hours as a group. There are obviously no hard and fast rules as long as we can raise money for this great cause.

The address for the first giving page is below:

Gamers For GKTW- First Giving Page

I have set the goal for $1,000 and to get the party started my family has donated to the cause. Any thoughts or ideas about how to make this a better event please feel free to comment. Join us if you can!

Thanks,
Kyle

I love this idea! I'm in. I have several characters to level up anyway!

I love this idea! I'm in. I have several characters to level up anyway!

Excellent! I was thinking of creating a special Warcraft guild for the event if anybody wanted to play along with us. I plan on staring a new character to see how fast I can level in 12 hrs.

If anyone else is interested in participating let me know in this thread. I'll edit the first post to add participants.:thumbsup2

There mus not be too many gamers on these forums :laughing: Let me know if anyone else is interested in joining or pledging.

:banana::banana:

Hello all,

Well it doesn't look like too many people are interested in this yet but the kids still want to do this so family and I are going ahead with our plans to play...I'll post on this thread once the play day comes around to let you all know how we hold up for 12 hrs:thumbsup2

What a fun idea!!! I'll support you...have a great time with it.

Well, I'll still do it to with my guild and we'll see how it goes. :thumbsup2

As this is a GKTW fundraiser, I'm going to move it over to our new sub-forum. Good luck, gamers!!!

Well we are getting our game face on so to speak. We had a mini marathon training session on Saturday (3hrs). I think twelve is going to be tough:lmao:

We are getting closer....Got another donation last night and now were 27% to our goal. I also have received some off line donations and promises from other people that I'll submit closer to the actual marathon date!:cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter