GKTW: Night of a Million Lights

Thanks for the photos; we're going Sunday night and I can't wait.

And I'll need that "reindeer face" shot. 😊

They have several spots that make for some fun photo ops. The reindeer face cut-outs are one of them (and there are actually a couple.of additional reindeer with the faces cut out on the opposite side of the Dreams Unlimited billboard as well). There is also a giant star that you can stand under (its in one of my pics above) and there's a huge wreath photo op as well!

We attended Night of a Million Lights last night. What a great experience. I'm sorry the facilities can't be used for families right now, but what a great way to take advantage of the park. It was well organized, clean, people kept their distance. The lighting was amazing. It truly brought back memories of Osborne Lights without the heavy crowds. The 5-7 time slot was the best time for us, but it really didn't start getting dark till 5:30. I did notice that the evening had been sold out. I hope that's the case for all the nights. I've done a 5K through the facilities before, but it was really fun to stroll through the streets and take a better look at all they have to offer.

We went 11/30 early arrival and really WOW . Lots of families are enjoying this event . This might be the only chance to actually enter this wondrous Village.
I think they said it has never been opened like this to casual visitors.

True, for the safety of the families the Village is not open for visitors. However they can always use volunteers, even if it is just for one or two 3-4 hour shifts. Once the Village opens, call or email in advance to discuss the possibilities. I have met a number of families who have made a tradition of a volunteer day at GKTW during their WDW vacations. DW and I volunteer there once or twice a week when we are in Florida. It is a wonderful organization!

We attended Night of a Million Lights last night. What a great experience. I'm sorry the facilities can't be used for families right now, but what a great way to take advantage of the park. It was well organized, clean, people kept their distance. The lighting was amazing. It truly brought back memories of Osborne Lights without the heavy crowds. The 5-7 time slot was the best time for us, but it really didn't start getting dark till 5:30. I did notice that the evening had been sold out. I hope that's the case for all the nights. I've done a 5K through the facilities before, but it was really fun to stroll through the streets and take a better look at all they have to offer.

Thanks for also posting the "get dark" time. I was thinking about this. We have the 5-7 arrival time slot, and will aim to arrive around 5:30 I think. Once you enter are you allowed to stay as long as you like? I know there are only a few rides, but my kids will want to try them, were there lines for the rides? I can't wait to see this beautiful event and donate to this great organization. Thanks for everyone for sending ideas!

Thanks for also posting the "get dark" time. I was thinking about this. We have the 5-7 arrival time slot, and will aim to arrive around 5:30 I think. Once you enter are you allowed to stay as long as you like? I know there are only a few rides, but my kids will want to try them, were there lines for the rides? I can't wait to see this beautiful event and donate to this great organization. Thanks for everyone for sending ideas!
They ask you to stick to your window so people with other windows can enjoy theirs. Edit: the website says to limit your visit to two hours.

We didn't see any lines for the rides, and there were only two.

Last edited:
They ask you to stick to your window so people with other windows can enjoy theirs. Edit: the website says to limit your visit to two hours.

We didn't see any lines for the rides, and there were only two.

Sounds great! Thank you!

We had the 5-7 slot and arrived at 530 and it was perfect. We got close parking that early and the streets were empty + it was already dark.

No one has a time stamp on them but I am not sure I could spend more than 2 hours there anyways. There are 3 rides - 2 with height limits + the carousel. We didn't encounter any lines to enter buildings, for snacks, restrooms, or the rides. It was very low stress and easy to spend time at each display, hit all the buildings, ride, and wander out.

We had the 5-7 slot and arrived at 530 and it was perfect. We got close parking that early and the streets were empty + it was already dark.

No one has a time stamp on them but I am not sure I could spend more than 2 hours there anyways. There are 3 rides - 2 with height limits + the carousel. We didn't encounter any lines to enter buildings, for snacks, restrooms, or the rides. It was very low stress and easy to spend time at each display, hit all the buildings, ride, and wander out.

That sounds perfect, thanks! Out of curiosity, what are the 3 rides? The carousel, and what two others?

That sounds perfect, thanks! Out of curiosity, what are the 3 rides? The carousel, and what two others?

To be honest... I'm not really sure. They looked like small carnival type rides but I just glanced at them. They were trying to get people to come ride so we stopped briefly but our 1 year old couldn't ride either. The carousel is in another area nearby, by Santa, so we didn't stay in that area long.

There was a big swing and some helicopters that flew in a circle. Nothing exciting.

There was a big swing and some helicopters that flew in a circle. Nothing exciting.

Thanks! My kids will like those anyway. We arrive on Jan 2 and our APs are still blocked out that night, so although we are not going to this for the rides, I'm sure my kids will want to ride them since we haven't been in a disney park in over a year (will be hitting them hard from Jan 3-9 though!)

They request that guests only stay for their 2 hour time slot which is adequate time to walk around, get some cocoa, and ride a couple of the rides.

We are former wish family...
The train ride has a small dinosaur, it's a real prop from Jurassic park. My kids really liked that it was donated. stock-photo-train-dinosaur-florida-family-vacation-janelle-train-ride-jurassic-park-christmas-...jpg
Then two other kid flat rides.

Thanks! My kids will like those anyway. We arrive on Jan 2 and our APs are still blocked out that night, so although we are not going to this for the rides, I'm sure my kids will want to ride them since we haven't been in a disney park in over a year (will be hitting them hard from Jan 3-9 though!)
I wanted to suggest fun spot America... we went in October on a night after Disney closed for the go carts. I bought all you can ride passes for 45 on groupon....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter