give me stereotypes

Huh, down here we say that about Ontario license plates. ;)

Maybe they're French Ontarians?
They're usually not that bad here. The Quebec's drive like idiots. They think they own the roads.
I dunno, I'm awful but I'm really not big on French people. Well from here. I don't like Acadians, they have this awful accent and they think it's like cute or something to talk half french half english and call it chiac when it's far from how their grandparents speak.
The Acadians are the rednecks of the French speaking population.

Babyjustrun, do you know Protest the Hero?

I've heard of them, they're pretty popular with the... I don't even know what to call them. Emo/Punk/Scene/Grunge?
I don't know what those kids at my school call themselves.

But yeah, they've played here a few times.

I've heard of them, they're pretty popular with the... I don't even know what to call them. Emo/Punk/Scene/Grunge?
I don't know what those kids at my school call themselves.

But yeah, they've played here a few times.
Ugh, none of the ones you listed. They're popular with the metal kids. That's cool, I really like them and I knew they are really popular in Canada and their album hit #1 there.

Ugh, none of the ones you listed. They're popular with the metal kids. That's cool, I really like them and I knew they are really popular in Canada and their album hit #1 there.

Lol, I'm sorry. They all look somewhat similar, even though I know they're not the same thing. They all blend together.

Oh that's cool, like number one on like mainstream charts, or more on an alternative chart? I haven't heard them on a radio, but then again, I don't listen to it.
I sound really stupid lol. The radio kind of just makes me angry, I don't entire enjoy waking up to mainstream music, it's like... I don't need to think about sex, drugs, alcohol or being happy at 6 am.
Or ever.

Lol, I'm sorry. They all look somewhat similar, even though I know they're not the same thing. They all blend together.

Oh that's cool, like number one on like mainstream charts, or more on an alternative chart? I haven't heard them on a radio, but then again, I don't listen to it.
I sound really stupid lol. The radio kind of just makes me angry, I don't entire enjoy waking up to mainstream music, it's like... I don't need to think about sex, drugs, alcohol or being happy at 6 am.
Or ever.
#1 on the Canadian Album Chart. I don't know how mainstream they are in Canada, but you would NEVER hear them on the radio in the US. I don't really like mainstream music either.
Haha, saying they look similar reminds me of a South Park episode where the goth kids kept getting confused with the Twilight Vampire kids. But yeah, I do think the Emo/Punk/Goth whatever kids dress weird.
There's a stereotype for you guys, that everybody or most people that listens to metal wear black clothes, worship the devil and are just plain creepy. But a lot of metal listeners aren't like that, actually. I wear American Eagle/Sports teams shirts and I listen to metal (I don't worship the devil either).

Huh, down here we say that about Ontario license plates. ;)

lol, i've lived in both provinces, and quebec drivers are definitely really really aggressive, but i find ontario drivers are just much worse in general! i get SO frustrated driving around! my grampa's a quebecer thru & thru even though he lives here with us now and he's always shouting when we're driving "GD ONTARIO DRIVERS!' haha.

thanks for the input everyone :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2

as for me, when people find out i'm from quebec they immediatley stereotype me as a)french (which i'm not, my fam is from montreal, a very english part of quebec) b)a separatist (again, i'm not, not a francophone, also not a separatist) people always ask me why i don't have an accent!
and an ontario stereotype is that they're really rude and always in a rush and wannabe americans. (which, TBH i find to be true haha, but that's the quebecer in me perhaps?) i do find people, specifically in toronto and the GTA are really rude and pushy. if you go into small town ontario though it's much different.

I live right by the boarder, so I hear a lot that Canadians are heavy spenders, smugglers, horrible drivers, and say 'eh' after every sentence. Of course, most aren't like that, but hey, that's stereotyping!

3/4 are true for me. well, maybe i'm a bad driver too!! haha
my fam lives off going to buffalo to do heavy shopping and then 'smuggle' stuff over teh boader (we'll wear old clothes in the morning and put on all our new clothes before we go back home :laughing:) and i definitely say 'eh' a LOT.

#1 on the Canadian Album Chart. I don't know how mainstream they are in Canada, but you would NEVER hear them on the radio in the US. I don't really like mainstream music either.
Haha, saying they look similar reminds me of a South Park episode where the goth kids kept getting confused with the Twilight Vampire kids. But yeah, I do think the Emo/Punk/Goth whatever kids dress weird.
There's a stereotype for you guys, that everybody or most people that listens to metal wear black clothes, worship the devil and are just plain creepy. But a lot of metal listeners aren't like that, actually. I wear American Eagle/Sports teams shirts and I listen to metal (I don't worship the devil either).

They MIGHT play on the classic rock stations (it's like rock station basically) but you would never hear them on the pop station.
Mainstream is just painful, I mean they don't play Canadian music on our stations anymore. It's all this Lady Gaga bullcrap, and if it's a 'band' it's like Cobra Starship. It's a huge joke to me, and it hurts my ears.

Ugh Twilight. There is this girl in my English class that actually argues it as good literature. This is coming from a girl who thinks historical fiction is fact and can't spell happiness. What she's doing in pre-AP English... not sure.

I wouldn't expect a metal-head to dress all dark and stuff. I'm not sure how I would say how I envision their clothes, but anybody who usually has a taste in music, or say thinks they do, dresses in a manner of which I approve xD
I honestly have no idea what's on a emo's ipod today... I'm guessing screamo, but I wouldn't know.
But I'm also a girl who goes from stage music, to country, to something along the lines of Billy Talent.
My friends do not approve of my ipod.

lol, i've lived in both provinces, and quebec drivers are definitely really really aggressive, but i find ontario drivers are just much worse in general! i get SO frustrated driving around! my grampa's a quebecer thru & thru even though he lives here with us now and he's always shouting when we're driving "GD ONTARIO DRIVERS!' haha.

thanks for the input everyone :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2

as for me, when people find out i'm from quebec they immediatley stereotype me as a)french (which i'm not, my fam is from montreal, a very english part of quebec) b)a separatist (again, i'm not, not a francophone, also not a separatist) people always ask me why i don't have an accent!
and an ontario stereotype is that they're really rude and always in a rush and wannabe americans. (which, TBH i find to be true haha, but that's the quebecer in me perhaps?) i do find people, specifically in toronto and the GTA are really rude and pushy. if you go into small town ontario though it's much different.

I find that Quebec-ers are kind of rude themselves. They seem to think that if you don't speak French like them, then you are therefore not speaking French.
I was in Gatineau a few years back, and for some reason they had no idea what my brother meant by 'vin'.
It's like they were almost aware that he wasn't from Quebec and they didn't want to help him.
I would say a stereotype for Quebec is that they're still too wrapped up in their heritage. Like last week when they were protesting the future monarchs? That was a little ridiculous.

The only ones I can think of are French hate tourists and they're really snobby.
I don't think I know any stereotypes for Canadians.

I'm a midwest girl, so people think we're animal-raising country farmers. Which is true for about half of us, but not everybody.

I don't know any Floridian stereotypes... That we all wear flip flops all the time (I do, but most people don't)? =P

That they never think of fighting.Bc they always surrender within a matter of days...though this one is true lol

The main one is that French people are rude and that the women don't shave their underarms and legs.

I'm from Cincinnati, Ohio so I guess a stereotype about the people where I live is that we are kind of in our own world and out of touch with the big cities. Some people might say that we are hillbillies or hicks because it's part of the midwest.

They have poor PDA skills, aka having wild sex in public.

I from Texas and everyone assumes that we all are cowboys, we all own ranchs, and all have oil.

also, i live on long island, and most people assume we're all rich and listen to billy joel lol.

They have poor PDA skills, aka having wild sex in public.

I from Texas and everyone assumes that we all are cowboys, we all own ranchs, and all have oil.

yes to the first two
on the third one, ive nvr gotten that one..........one time my sister went to some youth meetings in vegas and people were asking her if we rode donkeys to school and if we wore giant sombreros and if we had pinatas at all the partys

Puerto Ricans: Lazy and don't want to work. & Too prideful of our homeland. and our Latin temper.

all are true.

We're supposed to do them for ourselves? Okay then.

I'm Spanish.
- We are all matadors or flamenco dancers.
- We all love bullfighting.
- We all sleep carelessly during siestas.
- We all sound like Antonio Banderas or Penelope Cruz, and look like them too.

I'm American.
- We are lazy, egotistical, bigoted ********.
- We eat fast food 24/7.
- We think we are the best in the world and that no one will ever top us.

I'm from PA.
- We're all Amish or Mennonites.
- We're all country bumpkin hicks who live in the hills.
- We're dumb, aka "The Alabama of the North".
- We only eat Hershey chocolate.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter