Getting drunk at Epcot?

Now here is a fun twist. If you enjoy adult beverages, try having a couple cocktails (not to many) and going on your favorite thrill ride. It totally changes Space Mountain.

I *really* can't wait to do this!

:yay: Ooh, ooh! I know that one! It's a quote from the TV show M*A*S*H! Actually, you probably didn't mean to quote it, but I had to mention it!:thumbsup2

I don't think MASH coined it, it's a common joke. But I loved MASH and could totally see it being used there! :) Alan Alda is actually, like, a second cousin to me, so I always loved watching that show. Heehee

just a little fyi...The characters will NOT have their pictures taken with you if you are holding an adult beverage. (don't ask mr how i know this :rolleyes1 )..So be sure to get your photo ops done before hand. :laughing:

In July we were there doing Beer Around the World at EPCOT. Gotta tell ya, it was a real good time. You have to start at Canada and work your way to Mexico. Nothing like a good Molson and Guiness to get the juices flowing.

See, now we do Beer Around the World the opposite way so we can end up with our yard beers from the UK while in the Canada 360 movie. :) It's hard to get past Morocco and the best beer evah, Casablanca. ;)

I've never been drunk at WDW - though I like to drink, I really don't like being drunk - but one thing I always enjoyed in the past was to get a half yard of Bass Ale at the cart outside the Rose and Crowne in WS/Epcot. One of my disappointments with my trip this Summer was finding out that they discontinued them. I don't know if anyone remembers, but you'd spend a bit more for a souvenir plastic half-yard which actually contained a bit more than a pint and you could bring it back for refills for the price of a pint. Made great souvenirs as well. I'm looking at the two I collected right now.

I've been disappointed in the wines at Epcot, though. It's like they pick the wines to be inoffensive. You should be able to get a big, earthy wine in France, but I've never been able to. So, give me a Bass at the Rose and Crowne and a Red Ale at the Big River Grille on the Boardwalk after returning from the parks and I'm fine.

I took my first trip to Disney World as an adult in May. With my mom and sister who still has not reached the age of drinking majority (two more weeks for her now!). Everything that is said about space mountain, thunder mountain, and splash mountain with a buzz is true! We got to the MK in the morning and stayed all day until about 4. Then we hopped on the monorail over to the Polynesian, where we had drinks and appetizers (and I fixed my sister's hair like a princess, as she was jealous of all the bibbidi bobbidi boutique makeovers!). Then we went back to the park and hopped on the train to frontierland. It was dusk and even the train seemed exciting and awesome! This has become a new tradition for me I think.

Oh I didn't mean I thought Alan Alda had said it (I didn't know who, but it seems the kind of joike they would use). Just that he is related to me somehow, and I loved the show. :)

In fact, the first time I heard this was in the movie "Breakfast at Tiffany's" but I can't be certain it was coined then. Might be older than that, and I would bet it is!

Oh I didn't mean I thought Alan Alda had said it (I didn't know who, but it seems the kind of joike they would use). Just that he is related to me somehow, and I loved the show. :)

In fact, the first time I heard this was in the movie "Breakfast at Tiffany's" but I can't be certain it was coined then. Might be older than that, and I would bet it is!

I think the point to the line in that particular show was that it was sort of out of character for Loretta Swit's character to be that drunk and saying stuff like that.

I haven't seen that in many years but I remember it...I can do that with Star Trek too... I know Scotty tried to get an alien drunk in one episode and they both passed out before Scotty could steal his weapon.

Wow is this off topic.

In the row in front of us a father was drinking heavily during Fantasmic. I heard him tell his children to sit on his lap because he didn't think he could walk up to the concession stand for more. He went up with his wife twice and drank four beers, then started sending his wife for more. He drank 7 beers within an hour.

His kids were talking to mine and we found out they were there just for the show and would be returning to Jacksonville that night.

I hope his wife drove.

at the food and wine fest do they offer differnt foods from around the world I would love to food test insted of wine test yes am a goody goody but don't kill me for it ha ha ha

Rose & Crown... Bass+Guiness=Black & Tan

Canada.. Molson Canadian "Moosehead on tap" dont like it. Pick up a hockey puck at the cart.

Mexico..You guys know, like Jimmy B

Norway...?

China...Ting?

Italy.. Moretti..ok

Japan..Being forward deployed for 2.5 years in 1988-1990, still like Asahi and Sapparo, almost forgot Suntory whiskey

USA.. Bud and Bud Light at The Liberty Tavern, also Sam Adams

Germany...Great hoppy beer

France...Like to try that Orange frozen drink that Mrs. Brown tried in one of her travel shows.:)

I've never witnessed a drunken incident at Disney World and have never been drunk at Disney myself. I like to drink and it doesn't take much at all for me to get a good buzz going but it's just so expensive! Las trip I had about a drink a day (usually with my meal) and when I got home I added the cost up and it was over $100 just for alcohol.

I can't imagine how expensive it would be to drink around the world, mind you I don't like beer so I can't go the cheaper route.

When I hit WDW, I'm on vacation, so I'll never lie and say I don't drink to get buzzed. I'm staying on site, so Disney is my designated driver. Probably every night I'm there I'll get a nice buzz going during and after dinner, and I'm sure there are many other responsible adults doing the same thing.

Getting totally drunk is another story. I think the majority understand that most of WDW is an all-ages atmosphere, and the enviroment isn't exactly the sort that would encourage getting flat wasted. Even during F&W Fest, I think you'll only find the odd individual completely loaded, and I've found that more pathetic than dangerous. Why anyone would want to be the drunk 'life of the party' in Epcot is beyond my understanding? We're not talking Vegas or Cancun here. I've seen them during F&W, but most of the time they're harmless and making idiots of themselves, or surrounded by embarrased friends/family. The only place I've been really drunk (but still in control of myslelf), was the Adventurer's Club, but it's fun to make an idiot out of yourself there :thumbsup2

I don't think I've ever grabbed any alcohol in any of the parks except for Epcot. But on my Epoct days, I don't think I've ever left the WS without enjoying some alcohol. F&W Fest is the best time to visit WDW!

Best ride combinations:

During the Day: Rose&Crown + Soarin'

Night: F&W Fest / Drinking around WS + Mission Space

I once fell splat face-down in front of Rose and Crown. I wasn't drunk but I'll bet people wondered. I was trying to walk back to the Swan and catch the last fireworks through some trees.l I forgot all about the sidewalk I was on.

We like beer in the parks but only up to a certain point of relaxation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter