Get Rid Of Dining Plan!

I cannot see Disney getting rid of the DDP anytime soon, they are offering it "free" again this year. And look how many folks here on the boards took that bait and took a bite....

For those that are lucky enough to live by Disney the price you pay is the hassle and disappointment of not getting to eat where and when you want. I live thousands of miles away and I have the inconvenience of paying thousands of dollars just to fly there. There are drawback and pluses for everyone that gets to visit Disney. I personally would trade any and all TS places if it didn't cost us almost 4000 dollars for our family to just get there.

Exactly. It cracks me up when WDW locals say it's horrible because they can't walk up to a restaurant with a reservation anytime. Newsflash : YOU LIVE IN ORLANDO !! What do you expect ?? I live in Paris and I don't expect to get into a popular restaurant whenever I please. That's one of the disadvantages of living in a city that's a major touristic destination.

Heck, I live in little bitty ole' Beaumont Texas and there is a long wait to get into Outback Steakhouse (and that places sucks IMO). :confused3

I would venture to guess if a restaurant is in a position where people could go in at anytime without a wait, the restaurant would not be in business long.

If it is any consolation, sometimes I have to wait 60 minutes plus to get into Red Lobster and Bravo's has a wait of 2 or more hours on the weekend.:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

myladyisatramp..do you understand my complaint is w/the food and service delcine since the ddp has started??

Wolverine Just wondering when you think the ddp started, and you saw a decline in service. I'm sure much to your surprise Disney had some type of meal plan prior to this one, and they have been cutting them back little by little every year, to this version where you get 1 ts 1 cs and 1 snack. the first time I took the meal plan at WDW you could get 2 ts in a day or 1 signature you couls also use your credits towards purchasing items only availble to those on the plan. and the best part I could pay cash for my kids meal and use there point for something else. And just so you knoow I belive the magic wish meal plan started in the early 90's about 14 years ago.

Disney likes full restaurants. They'll go back to including the gratuity if the change results in a substantial reduction in the number of DDP guests. That was already posted as being part of the union contract.

Wonder how the news of changes will effect things??...sure will be interesting to watchpopcorn::

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter