Genie plus

Ddean52

Earning My Ears
Having read countless pro and con posts about genie plus, I'm looking for yea or nay from experienced genie plus users. Thanks Dean

For me, I can go either way. I'm not sure using it actually results in getting to ride more rides or experience more attractions. But it definitely means you will spend less time in line to ride those rides and experience those sttractions. So for me, I use it at MK, where I really love to have time just t wander around and look at stuff. The other parks, its not as important to me

I think G+ is best for those who:
  • Have Smaller/homogeneous parties
  • Are technology savvy and don’t mind complexity
  • Have a flexible schedule
  • place a premium on <15 minute waits

We are just back from Disney and used DP for 10 days. It’s a Nay from us. Found the system clunky and at times unreliable. The parks were busy, so unless you tried to book at 7.00am it could be very difficult to get a LL experience for some of the more popular rides. The only way to guarantee you can experience these rides without having to wait hours was to be at the park for rope drop. Typically you can get 2 rides done before things get busy.
You have no way in knowing what times will become available for LL…it’s difficult to avoid diary conflicts if you book a tour or dining experience. Having GP makes very little difference to your day. I probably wouldn’t buy it again.

I am here now. All I can say is if you are travelling during high season because you are a slave to educational breaks, when the park is sold out, the Genie is absolutely 💯 a complete and utter waste of money. If you can travel when you want and are flexible with travel dates, I'm sure it works great. We bought it for today. The app is SO bad. I absolutely loathe it (and I am a 💯 techie!). We got one LL today for MMRR, that's it. One. All the rest were unavailable or available close to closing. We were up at 5am so evenings were a big no for us. The app was offering us Muppet Vision and Frozen Sing a long. It actually made me angry.

Oh and today. We have been waiting to get out of Canada since 2020 when we cancelled our GE trip. Got on Rotr this morning. Boom. Broke mid ride while we were upstairs. Emergency evacuation of the entire ride.

Tower of Terror. Lined up. Boom. Broken. Down for a couple of hours.

Rockin Roller Coaster. Lined up. Boom. Down due to technical difficulties.

GE was very cool and we enjoyed that but the rest of the park, and Genie plus, suck big potatos.

15 years going to Disney yearly and I think I'm done. We'll go to Universal.

Rant over. And if you got this far thank you for listening. This was therapeutic. I did go to guest services and she gave me a sorry and a LL for RR that we didn't use. We were done.

We LOVED GE but this was our worst day at Disney in 15 years.

I have heard so many negative stories about genie+, has me nervous. Last thing I want to do is spend time on my phone in the parks. Between a glitchy system and a very old phone, yuck. My trip planning strategy was always to do the stressing and planning at home so I could turn everything off and just enjoy! Genie + is making that impossible. Luckily we planned this upcoming trip for the first week or so of September And I don’t think purchasing genie + will be necessary for that time. Whew. I have a question about the individual ride purchases though… Not enough money in the world to get me on a roller coaster but hubby is excited about the new Guardians ride. I am planning on purchasing that on the day, right at 7am for him. If I also purchase it on my profile, could hubby ride it twice? Can’t decide it Disney would consider this a cheat or not since they will get twice the money. It all comes down to the scanning equipment they use at the entry, just the green light, red light that most rides use?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter