GASTON DIED! :(

How horrible for his family. I don't know why they are calling it a freak accident. He put a mortar tube ON top of his head. A freak accident would be something like a mortar coming down on him from a firework display. Honestly isn't there enough info out there warning people that fireworks are not toys? Like I said I feel badly for those he left behind.

It looks like Devon worked for TWDC from January to May 2014. The video that is in the article is from January 2015, and that friend still meets very regularly. The video with the little girl was posted in November 2014, so that would not have been him either.

I don't think it is the current Gaston. The article said he was an ex-cast member, so it appears he worked at Disney in the past. The photo in the article does not look like the current Gaston to me.

What an awful tragedy.

I don't think so. There is a disser who posted a pic of her daughter with him. (First page is this link: http://www.disboards.com/threads/former-disney-worker-killed-by-firework.3426088/#post-53980717 )

This is the guy from
The video. He looks different to me. (Pardon the closed caption. This just happened to be a good frame for reference.)
View attachment 107564

Don't think he was the push up challenge one either. (Though I wonder if both do these are the same Gaston.)
View attachment 107565

I saw that but the other DISer just said it was a picture of her daughter and Gaston - not specifically that it was Dean. Actually, I was going to ask her about that (then had to answer the phone and forgot to go back and do that).

ETA - Actually, looking at the article he might be the viral video guy as it has a clip of "Gaston schooling a guest". But there may be many such videos.

I would think there is more than one cm playing the part, he is probably out everyday. Plus the one in the Beauty and the Beast show.

What a moron.

He isn't the famous Gaston in all the popular YouTube videos, and 99% sure that isn't him in the video in the article. I saw that Gaston not too long ago in the park.

I don't care how drunk you get, idk when the thought of putting a mortar on your head to shoot it is a good thought. No freak accident.

And his brother said it was a freak accident because he was holding a lighter that made it go off. It's not that easy to light a mortor. He was holding the lighter on the fuse and then held it for a good 5 seconds or so until it went off.

Oh gosh, when we heard a fellow had set off a firework on his head, my MI said, "Why would he do that?" And I said, "Maybe he got so drunk, he thought he was a cartoon character?"

Seems I was more right than I knew, poor man.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter