Funny responses from strangers...

It wasn't a question but a statement on a Disney bus when asked where we are from...'You wear shoes?!' Yes. I love Jimmy Choo and Christian Louboutin :)

And yes, I have a very distinct drawl but please don't confuse that with stupidity.

We do own 2 horses but my daughter travels and competes in the hunter/jumper discipline. They are not race horses even though I live 10 minutes from Churchill Downs. (Everyone should experience Oaks or Derby at least once.)

Kensch1980 said:
Thing is though yeah maybe a little nuts... But you won't find a city with more dedicated group of fans than Detroit. The rest of our teams though have won their championships.

I'll have to debate you on that one, and keep up the Cleveland vs Detroit argument, lol. We haven't won anything in years, but we love our teams! I'm a Browns season ticket holder, and I'm there, snow or shine!!

Most of the Alabama stereotypes are true. At least of my family. I have double cousins because an aunt fixed up a niece from her side with a nephew from her husband's side. Then she did the same with my parents.
:lmao::rotfl2::rotfl: Sorry. But that IS pretty funny!

Ametista said:
:lmao::rotfl2::rotfl: Sorry. But that IS pretty funny!

Yeah. Try explaining to someone that your cousins are double cousins through both sides of your family. You get some really funny looks. Occasionally, people are rude enough to make some type of snide comment about family reunions being a good place to find a date..

These are so great! I had a gem myself! I live in Nebraska. Someone actually asked how we were enjoying the indoor plumbing in WDW and how soon would Nebraska get it? :lmao: Another person asked if we ate corn every single meal and how many cows did we have? :rotfl2:

When I lived in California I would have people ask me if I spent a lot of time at the beach. I lived about 2 hours away from the beach, I was closer to the Mountains. I have also had people surprised that California had mountains, (where did they think Yosemite Park was).

When people hear that you're from Buffalo, N.Y., they either make cracks about the snow (honestly, it's not THAT bad!) or football. :rolleyes:

At least the Bills MADE it to four Super Bowls in a row ... *grump*

We live in Virginia and have been told several times "You must love VA Tech." Um we live across the state 6 hrs away near the coast.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter