• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Funniest comments you've overheard in WDW

Status
Not open for further replies.
My all-time favorite has to be from my trip down there last week. We were walking into the Pooh shop outside the ride very late in the evening, and an Asian cast member was having a (or so she thought) private conversation with her fellow cast member. All I heard was the end of of a sentence saying "Sure, we eat Dog all the time." Upon my bursting out laughing, she promptly turned forty shades of purple and looked like she wanted to go crawl into a dark corner of POC and never show her face again. I was amused to no end. :rolleyes1

We just got back from WDW. My Dad (who lives in FL) joined us for a few days, but my Mom couldn't get the time off work.

One day, on our way to Mickey's Not So Scarey Halloween Party, we hear him telling my mom on the phone that we are going to Mickey's Not Quite Terrifying Halloween Party and that he is going to look for something with Jack Skellobrain on it to buy for her (my Mom loves Jack Skellington and the Nightmare before Christmas)!

It seems everything we did he ALMOST got the name right- but was always off by just enough to get a chuckle out of the rest of us.

Awww. Your dad sounds fun.

This made me remember how, on our honeymoon, my husband got up before me on our first morning at the Wilderness Lodge, and he was puttering quietly around the room, happy as a lark (it was his first WDW visit ever, and he's a big kid). I sleepily noticed that he was humming the Mickey Mouse club song. So I open my eyes to look at him just as he whips the curtains open and sings, "Who's the leader of the pack with all the funny things?" :rotfl:

I still sing that to him whenever we return to WDW.

While I've heard overheard several hilarious comments during my many trips, the funniest occurred several years ago at the old Poly luau. We were sitting next to a very lovely, older couple from Arkansas. The gentleman fancied himself an expert, on well, just about everything. He informed us "this (Poly) was where Elvis made Blue Hawaii." He was dead serious, too. Who ever knew that "Blue Hawaii" was actually filmed in Florida? lol

Awww. Your dad sounds fun.

This made me remember how, on our honeymoon, my husband got up before me on our first morning at the Wilderness Lodge, and he was puttering quietly around the room, happy as a lark (it was his first WDW visit ever, and he's a big kid). I sleepily noticed that he was humming the Mickey Mouse club song. So I open my eyes to look at him just as he whips the curtains open and sings, "Who's the leader of the pack with all the funny things?" :rotfl:

I still sing that to him whenever we return to WDW.

I just spit coffee on my computer. That is hilarious! Let your husband know that I have just made that my official theme song!:rotfl2:

Once I was walking past the fountain by Innoventions -- the one with the water show with synchronized music -- when the show started. A mother and her young daughter were walking by, and the daughter wanted to stop and watch the fountain. The mom tried to get her to keep moving, but the daughter refused to budge.

"But mom," the daughter protested, "look at how fun the fountain is!"

"I'm sorry, honey", replied the mom, "but we don't have time to stop and have fun right now."

I couldn't help but laugh, and the mother saw me, realized how ridiculous she had just sounded, and started to laugh as well. They stayed through the entire show. :thumbsup2

My son and I were "standing" in the Mens Room in the Contemporary yesterday after dining at Chef Mickey's and we hear: "Michael, get away from there... get your thing out of the ick!" :scared1:

After a short "huh?" on our part we realized the father was talking about the drawstring on the kid's sweatshirt! :lmao:

---Paul in Southern NJ

Bump. This thread is too funny to die. :happytv:

I don't think this thread will ever die... at least not until it takes so many resources to maintain that the moderators have to delete it just so there is room for people to keep creating new threads.:lmao:

I had to share this one with you. It's not so much funny, but terribly cute.

I just returned from having Thanksgiving Dinner lunch with DD at her school. All the children had made special Thanksgiving placemats, and hers read:

I am thankful for the people who made Splash Mountain and for my family.

:)

I just returned from having Thanksgiving Dinner lunch with DD at her school. All the children had made special Thanksgiving placemats, and hers read:

Yep, she's hooked. :thumbsup2

That is dripping with cuteness! I love the way children think! :laughing:

My brother-in-law and his family recently joined us for a trip to WDW. It was the first time my six-year-old nephew and nearly four-year-old niece had been to the World. I thought my niece (who is scared of loud noises and hates things like fireworks and noisy rides as a result) had a great time but now I'm not so sure.

A couple days after the vacation was over, I got an email from my brother-in-law, who relayed to me a story about my niece. She was talking to her mom and said this:

"Momma, in Florida dreams come true, but my dreams are scary."

My brother-in-law wondered if this could be a great new ad campaign for Disney -- "Come to Disney World where dreams come true, especially the really scary ones!"

Good for her and her insight:) Or MAYBE a little bribe or prayer for another trip???

What I loved was that she put Disney before her family! :rotfl2: We were just at WDW last month, so anything Disney is on the top of her list. And she and her brother know we'll be at Disneyland this summer, so they're already planning the rides they want to go on!

I'm so proud of them. :love: I've trained them well.

On the bus returning from MK during our recent trip, I heard two rather obtuse ladies complaining about their newly acquired blisters from walking around all day. One lady went so far as to talk about something she'd heard of that helps the feet not to sweat, and not let the shoes rub blisters. She then said the name of it.

.....she got it wrong, and half the bus almost died out laughing.

I wanted to stand up and tell her....

"...it's BODYGLIDE. NOT ASTROGLIDE."

This one didn't happen in WDW, but in the airport on the way to Disney (so I'm going to say it counts lol)

We were going through the security checkpoint (you know, the fun one where you get to take off your shoes and all that).

I was sitting on the bench re-organizing myself and watching a family with three young boys working their way through everything. All the little boys put their shoes in one of the plastic bins and at the end the oldest boy picked up the bin and made a dramatic show of how heavy it was to carry with the three little pairs of shoes in it. (it was so cute).
Then he turned around and yelled at his brothers - "You guys have fat shoes!"

Sure not too hilarious, but I thought it was adorable. :P

By the Mexico pavilion, a lady was sipping a margarita while pushing maybe a four year old girl in a stroller, and said to the little girl, "This is a grownup drink honey, and mommy really needs one right now."!

I have a couple to offer from the trip we returned from yesterday. The first day we were there we went to MK and rode on the monorail. My daughter looks at me and says, Mommy, this is the place where dreams come true, I've always wanted to ride on the monorail! I thought to myself, we could leave now and she'd be happy! Then on Thursday my MIL gets off mission space and says, it never started spinning! Also at Crystal Palace, my FIL says when's that dog thing going to come to our table. He was talking about Eeyore!

I just remembered another one. A little girl and her mom were walking in MK at night by the castle. The mom was on a mission and dragging the little girl through the park. Suddenly the girl goes Mom, look at the castle! There was the show going on so the lights were off and all the mom says is, I guess they don't keep the castle lit up all night and kept walking away from the castle. It was so funny because I think the girl wanted to watch the show and the mom just sounded disgusted that they didn't have the lights on. That right there reminded me if my kids want to show me something, stop and look what it is and do it! We're there for the kids anyway!!

I have a couple to offer from the trip we returned from yesterday. The first day we were there we went to MK and rode on the monorail. My daughter looks at me and says, Mommy, this is the place where dreams come true, I've always wanted to ride on the monorail! I thought to myself, we could leave now and she'd be happy!

That is so sweet! :goodvibes It's wonderful when children (and adults) can just enjoy the simple things. :flower3:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter