Funniest comments you've overheard in WDW

Status
Not open for further replies.
DS and I rode Everest for the first time in March. DS screams on even a mild roller coaster, so she was well into her frantic phrase when we reached the stop where the Yeti rips up the track and you go backwards.

I'd seen video on the net and knew what would come next. I hollered something like "he ripped up the track; we have to go backwards now."

Between screams my sister heard "We hit a bat; we have to go back now."

She thought that the ride had malfunctioned and that we were free falling back down the track. When we stopped at the track switch, she kept screaming to "stop stop, get off". She thought that it was an emergency stop. When we started again, she was incoherant. Her screaming had chaged to sort of panting, and I though that she might hperventilate.

When we were exiting, people in the cars ahead of us were all shooting glances our way to see the crazy woman. It took several minutes for her to comprehend that nothing unscripted had happened on the mountain.

Finally she could laugh about it - though I doubt that she ever rides EE again.
:sad2:

Some very close family friends of ours who we traveled with a lot -especially to Disney World - had a distant relative pass away a few months before we had a planned vacation to the World (this was back in the 80's).

This relative didn't have any children so he left them some money in his will.

Well, during our trip, we were at a character breakfast (where Chef Mickey's is now, not sure what it was called back then) and their youngest daughter says very loudly "It's a good thing Uncle Charlie died so we could go to Disney World, huh mom?". :rolleyes1

princess22 said:
My ex boyfriend and I were eating at Le Cellier in canada. As we approached our table, we got really nervous because we were smooshed between two other families, one with two little boys, who seemed a little hyper. We sat down, and the father leaned over to me, and the first thing he says, "believe me, after this dinner You are going to believe in birth control!" My eyes got huge, and I looked at my ex like, oh no what have we gotten ourselves into.

As a side note, the night turned out great, because the wonderfully nice family, paid for our dinner! They left before us, and when our waiter gave us our check, it was a note, saying the gentlemen next to us paid for everything! It was like something out of a movie. Unfortunately, we didn't get to thank him. But it was a night I'll never forget!

I can't tell you how hard this made me laugh. What a fabulous guy to have such an excellent sense of humor AND to pay for your dinner. That is quite a memory.

I have two storys:

- A friend of mine went to AK afew years ago, fisrt let me tell you that he is mexican like me, well that day he was wearing a tshirt with the logo of his old school named Centro Universitario Montejo, as you can figure the logo was made from the 3 first letters of his school name, well you know what that means in english :crazy: . So the rest of his party argued with him to change his tshirt but he insisted that he was ok because it was a different culture and languaje and that wanted to wear that. So he goes to the park and of couse everyone started to stare at him but he was so determined to wear that that he just inginored them. But, here´s the funny part, just as he was possing for a pic infront of the tree of life, a little girl aproches to him and yells to a lady behind her: "momy momy look at his tshirt!!!". Of course he was so embarrased that he runned into the first store that he saw and buy the first tshirt that he saw. Everyone laughed at him and still we do it everytime he wears that AK tshirt.

-The next story actually happened to me, well I was the protagonist. It was during my family first trip. We were at MK and of course my mom was very excited that I was going to see Mickey Mouse in person for the first time, so we went to the judges tent I think, and after waiting in line finally I was able to get to met mickey mouse and get my picture taken. Here is the pic. Notice that im only 9 years old.

withthemouse.jpg

Before that as we leave the judges tent my mom was asking me if I was excited that I had met Mickey, well my answer to that was: "momy was that just only a guy on a disguise???" Of course everyone choked a laugh and my mom could only tell me that he Was the real Mickey but I was sure that he was a disguised men. But of course now, that im 21, I know that HE WAS the real Mickey Mouse. :thumbsup2

d-r said:
Ok I've got three I can think of.

2. Actually this was at the disney store, around christmas time. A little boy was telling his parents which of the toys he wanted and he, really loudly saud "I want a little Buzz and a big Woodie," and this lady across the store under her breath said "don't we all."

HA!HA! This reminds me of something my 5 yr old son (the only boy with three sisters) said the other day. I sent him to his room to get his pajamas on and he had picked out new Toy Story underwear earlier that day. He came running out and was all excited yelling "Hey check out my Woody!" in nothing but his new chonies in front of all my DD's "sophisticated" 8 yr old friends. He was referring to the character on his chonies but she was mortified!

goofy4tink said:
She was somewhat miffed about all our answers. Not funny but sad I guess. Why don't people buy a good guidebook before they spend all that money.

Why should they buy a guidebook when all these wonderful DISers are there to hand out answers!!!???

princess22 said:
A guest came up and asked me "Do they make an announcement when it rains?" I cracked up inside, and thought to myself, how odd would that be? "Attention in the Magic Kingdom, it is now raining. Thank you."

:rotfl2: I dont think i would have been able to keep the laughter in if i was you :lmao:

We heard a few good ones on our last trip in May, but my favorite will not be nearly as funny here...

My BF went into the Men's bathroom in MK and could not stop laughing when he came out...apparently a father had taken his daughter, BF said she was probably about 4) into the men's rest room with him and as he waited outside the door for her she began singing a song which everyone could hear including my BF. The song including lines like... "I gotta go, gotta go, gotta gooooooooo pee" then "Pee, pee, pee, gotta go pee" then finally "I'm going pee, la la la, peeing in the potty" Of course it was probably much cuter being sung by a little girl, but when my BF repeated the song that was just as precious!!

We also heard, "that was the most freakinest awsomest ride EVER!!" in reference to Soarin'

And right after that saw a little boy who was sitting with his father at the ride exit, he stammered up put his hands on his hips and firmly said "I am not waiting an hour and 20 minutes for that ride!" It was too funny :rotfl:

Thanks for brightening my day with these posts!!

My brother was wearing a shirt that says "My Goodness, My Guiness" on it when we were at Epcot last year. A boy about 13-14 walked by and read off my brother's shirt "My goodness my genius!" :rotfl: :rotfl: That just about made my brother's vacation. He got a kick out of it for the rest of the night and still does when he wears that shirt.

This past May, AK at Rafiki's Planet Watch:

There is that section of items you can pick up with a CM watching to explain. There are 2 ostrich eggs, one is real yet hollowed out, another is plastic to approximate the actual weight. Woman picks one up and says to the CM "Wow, is this a rhinoceros egg?!" :rotfl: CM calmly replies "No, ma'am, that is an ostrich egg, rhinos are mammals and give live birth." Makes you wonder how many times they've been asked that question... ;)

I have a pretty funny one :teeth:

We were waiting for the monorail at the MK ready to go back to the TTC. A little boy was standing with his parents at the front of the line. Behind him, was a man eating a turkey leg but the boy didn't know. He said, "WOW dad! I can still smell those turkey legs from all the way over here!" Everyone around giggled and it was just a cute moment.

:wizard:

I have finally made it through all of this. Really good:cool1: . Let's keep it going with so many of us going and so many un prepared.....we are bound to hear something!

A man walked by me once asking someone why there were bugs at WDW. The man actually thought that Disney had eliminated the entire bug population in all of the parks...unreal.

I thought this was kind of funny...overheard a man screaming at his kids "We didn't come all this way to hang out at a hotel" I was thinking, yeah we came all this way to wait in these lines.

Also, I kept asking my kids "is there anything else you want to see-ready to go back to the hotel-please????" Whenever they had enough we were outta there!

While sitting outside Splash Mountain we see a mom, dad, and 6ish year old boy. Mom is trying to convince boy to go on a ride which we assume is POC after this comment. "It's only a little drop." He still refuses so dad goes to ride Splash Mountain.

My father proceeds to mutter, "Yeah, followed by a LARGE drop."

This story happened back when I was a teenager and had gone on a trip to WDW with my parents (about 15 years ago). :smickey:

We had arrived at Poly at night time. I was helping my dad with the bags. As we are walking on the torch light walkway, there a little boy and his father walking just ahead of us. The little boy asked his father "why they used torches instead of lights to light the walkway?" The father thought about it and said " I guess Mickey Mouse forgot to pay his electric bill!" :rotfl2:

My Dad and I thought that was so funny we both dropped our bags and had a great laugh:stitch2:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter