Funniest comments you've overheard in WDW

Status
Not open for further replies.
gcurling said:
Two of my favorites:

- A woman approaching the Haunted Mansion with her family "Oh, let's go in the Wax Museum!"

- A woman on a cell phone by the pool at the Poly, in a very loud voice, "Just meet us in front of Pirates of Penzance"

The first one is classic... But the second one just brought tears to my eyes

ROTFL

My DD(age 3 at the time) loves donald duck. Last christmas we looked everywhere and still no Donald. We went to see Philharmagic and asked her if she liked seeing Donald in it. She said NO! - I want to see him standing up! It took my DH and I a few seconds to figure out she wanted to see a character. We just cracked up once we figured it out.
LLagow :moped:

Hay Misty I was there with ya at MGM on the 3rd too - it was a wee bit busy.

Anywho my favorite so far is my son and hubby riding the Buzz lightyear ride. My hubby wanted a better picture of him so we all had to ride again. He and my oldest son get in together and hubby now knows where the camera is so he makes a laughing type face. Oldest son looks over at him and in the most serious voice says, "Dad stop playing around, this is serious business here".

I almost cried.

I'm not sure if it's the funniest, but maybe the stupidest, and it came out of MY mouth!! Actually, my family thinks it's pretty funny and can't stop teasing me about it. Every trip since, no matter who is with me, they've heard the story and have to see where it happened!
In June, 2002, I was at WDW with just my then-17 year old DS. We had never seen AKL, so decided to go there on our arrival night, to check out the hotel, eat dinner at Mara, and go see some animals. As we were standing outside TRYING to see animals (it was already dark, plus I'm near-sighted and had forgotten my glasses!), I decided to look around at the balconies. I then made the STUPID comment, "Hey, look! Isn't that weird? There are people on every balcony and they are ALL skinny and have little heads!" To which my DS replied, "Mom....those are poles...".

Ha-ha-ha, some of these are too funny!

Darwineffect said:
The Older gentleman in the lead of the group looks up at the IASW building and says "that must be the haunted castle, lets not go there" I about died, if he only knew.

Or then again, maybe he did know, hee-hee.

apulk said:
And what about everyone's favorite....you are walking up Main Street starting a fun filled day at the MK and you overhear someone in the family next to you saying "we're going to be in Disney World today but we will do Epcot tomorrow." Even our 6 year old loves to hear that one. :rockband:

Well I must admit I am guilty of this one. :blush: But it is an old habit - as a native Floridian I have been to Walt Disney World many times since 1973 or 1974 and prior to this year the majority of the times I have been to Disney World have been when the Magic Kingdom WAS the only park. So to me Disney World has always been MK and Epcot has always been Epcot and same with MGM and AK. I am trying to break the habit but it seems to come out so naturally. So the people that call MK DW may just call it that out of habit, because I know my sister does the same thing (as does my best friend who I grew up with)

I will be going to WDW this weekend but most likely won't make it to MK (was just there in March and Oct) and I am going to miss seeing it!! I will be on the look out or keep an ear out for any funny comments I may hear.

We had just returned from WDW, and my 3 1/2 year old DD (who is big time into the princesses) was (sorry, no way to sugar coat it) picking her nose. I said "Sweetie, don't pick your nose. Princesses don't do that." to which she replies, "But don't they have boogies?"

funcinderella said:
We had just returned from WDW, and my 3 1/2 year old DD (who is big time into the princesses) was (sorry, no way to sugar coat it) picking her nose. I said "Sweetie, don't pick your nose. Princesses don't do that." to which she replies, "But don't they have boogies?"

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Ok I've got three I can think of.

1. We were staying at beach club, and had come in the international gateway to epcot. We were about 1/2 of the way between the entrance and the Uk, on the path there, while some in our party visited with sleeping beauty. A lady comes by with two boys, about 11-12, I figure her kids, walking from the UK towards the exit, and she is saying "No, we don't need a map, we are just going to walk right along this circle here and see all the countries in order. We do not need a map, it just makes a circle." About two minutes later, here they come back towards UK from the international gateway and she is saying "not another word, just don't say another word."

2. Actually this was at the disney store, around christmas time. A little boy was telling his parents which of the toys he wanted and he, really loudly saud "I want a little Buzz and a big Woodie," and this lady across the store under her breath said "don't we all."

3. we were with some of our friends at future world in epcot, and we took a bathroom break. There were a group of school kids there, probably around 5th graders about 12 years old, and so the bathroom was really busy with all these boys and there was a bit of a wait in the common area around the sinks. From one of the stalls, one of the kids, trying to impress his friends, was doing a really amazing, and very loud, Austin Powers imitation of "Whose the boss of #2" with some incredible sound effects. The really funny part was that all of us adults (strangers) were looking at each other in the eye and biting our lips saying to ourselves "I will not laugh at 12-year-old boy potty humor, I will be a good example." I guess you had to see the faces of everybody trying not to laugh to get it.

d-r said:
2. Actually this was at the disney store, around christmas time. A little boy was telling his parents which of the toys he wanted and he, really loudly saud "I want a little Buzz and a big Woodie," and this lady across the store under her breath said "don't we all."

:flower1:
That is just classic both the kid's statement and the other adult's response
:earboy2:

Do you know the difference between boogers and broccoli? Kids won't eat broccoli! I heard that at MGM Studios from some actors walking the streets.

MinnieM3 said:
During our Thanksgiving trip, DS, 16, and I were waiting in line at Haunted Mansion and a huge family group (like 15 or so) strolled on through the FP line and stopped near us. There was much excited conversation and I was enjoying watching all the family members, trying to figure out who was who, etc. One of the "leader moms" was deciding who was going to ride with whom, since only 3 are in a Doom buggy.....then the hubby says, "Oh, this is a RIDE?"

Oh My! We just looked at each other and cracked up!

I posted this to the "Clueless guest comments" thread I started a while ago but it fits here as well.

DD and I were entering Mission:Space. Right in front of us was a family - mom, dad, and 2 younger kids. The CM stops them to measure the boy to see if he is tall enough. The father says,"Oh, is this a ride?"

If you want to read a ton of great comments, search for that thread.

this one came out of me, i heard of the rumor of the guy who died in the ride, i think his name was george, and told my younger cousin who was about 9 years old, then my older cousin who was 13 heard. the rumor was that you yell his name 3 times in a certain spot something will happen. we got on the ride, me and my cousin (9) were terrified. So we got to the spot and my older cousin sohuted his name. so me and my cousin (9) started to scream. My mom sat behind me and put her hand on my shoulder and that made me scream even louder because she scared me! I will never forget that! :earboy2:

Once I was visiting Wilderness Lodge, and I saw this family enter the resort. The mom exclaims something like"Ok, remember, our mission is to find Whispering Canyon Cafe." They all then proceed to walk right passed it.

Last weekend we were walking past the Leave a Legacy wall. A boy about 8 or 9, looked up at his mom and exclaimed, "Are all these people dead!?"

The best came from a CM at MGM. We were heading out after the Fantasmic production at night, and walking down the "mainstreet" when we heard the CM yelling out...
"Be sure to check out your photos taken earlier, when the sun was shinning and your kids were happy!"
He was one of the CM's that take your pics as you walk into the parks!
It just fit so well.

LeftCoaster said:
In Epcot, there's a british boy about 7 or 8 who's at a urinal with his father. The kid has that adorable children's british accent and says to his father. "Father, it won't come out. I'm too nervous." I'm still laughing about that one.

Oh my goodness!!!! That is funny - I laughed out loud!!!!!

We were at Epcot today. A woman asked her son to go run and get them all fast passes. He said he can't do that because he is wearing pants.

apulk said:
And what about everyone's favorite....you are walking up Main Street starting a fun filled day at the MK and you overhear someone in the family next to you saying "we're going to be in Disney World today but we will do Epcot tomorrow." Even our 6 year old loves to hear that one. :rockband:

I heard that one too! Just this last Friday morning we were riding the bus from the YC to the MK. A mom kept telling her daughter, "We are going to Disneyworld! We are going to Disneyworld!" I was thinking to myself, "you are in Disneyworld! You are going to the Magic Kingdom!"

We also heard the Ozzie Osborne lights as well as the Marie Osmond lights!!!
:laughing: :laughing:

That's so funny how you all know someone who calls the Magic Kingdom "Disney World"! The other day I was asking my uncle what parks him and my Aunt are taking my cousin to when they go to Orlando in June and he said "probably Disney World and Epcot" LoL, I was like wow...there's a lot I have to teach you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter