Frozen ever After???

surgefest

DIS Veteran
Is there still a "mad dash" for Frozen ever after at rope drop each morning??? What are the lines looking like these days??? Particularly this time of year as we may plan a visit sometime this month. What sort of lines should we expect anywhere from 30-60 minutes after rope drop??? Also how quickly does the line move??? Thanks for any information!

1. Is there still a "mad dash" for Frozen ever after at rope drop each morning???
2. What are the lines looking like these days??? Particularly this time of year as we may plan a visit sometime this month. What sort of lines should we expect anywhere from 30-60 minutes after rope drop???
3. Also how quickly does the line move??? Thanks for any information!

1. Yes. (Although "mad dash" may be an overstatement.)
2. After the first hour of the day (FEA opens with Future World, not World Showcase,)
expect the standby line to be near an hour, give or take, depending on overall crowd level.
3. FEA (as was Maelstrom, its predecessor,) is a slow-loader.
And, its the slow loading, and not just the "new hype" that is the main contributor to the long lines.

Last edited:
On November 9th, we arrived at Epcot's front gate at 8:45 a.m. We headed to directly to FEA. We reached the queue at 9:04 and were walking out of the ride by 9:40. At that time the wait said 90 minutes.

Yes, when we visited the first week of December, there were many people heading straight to FEA. Line extended out of the building, but not by far (this was a slow-ish day crowd-wise, however). We waited in line for maybe 20 minutes. When we exited the ride, line was to Akershus restaurant and stayed long all day. I found rope dropping it to be a good plan. We rode Soarin' with a FP that afternoon, and then got in line for it again that night, with a nearly 50 min wait. We had to choose to rope drop something. Next time I might choose to rope drop Soarin' and FP FEA, but I do think it was really 6 of one, half dozen of another.

I wouldn't say there is a "mad dash" now like there was when it opened. My experience the last couple trips have been people rope dropping Soarin or Test Track other than FEA. The line will still get to the 45-60 minute wait quickly, but so will the other main attractions.

anyone have any idea how fast the FP line goes at FEA? I've was able to snag one, but it's at like 3PM

I had a 1:40-2:40 window yesterday and I waited about ten minutes total with most of that after the merge point. I arrived at the beginning of the window.

We did it on Dec 12th. Had 8 AM ADR at Akershus and headed to the line around 9:05. There may gave been 50 people ahead of us. Unfortunately, the ride was not working and it took 45 minutes to get it to work. We stayed in line and it took us 10 minutes once it started to work. I would do the Akershus breakfast ADR again as it is very convenient to get ahead in line and not having to worry about the rope drop.

Had 8 AM ADR at Akershus and headed to the line around 9:05. There may gave been 50 people ahead of us...

I would do the Akershus breakfast ADR again as it is very convenient to get ahead in line and not having to worry about the rope drop.

Sounds like the 50 people ahead of you had at least some form of advantage.

We went over the day the parks closed early for the hurricane in October and the wait was still 30 minutes. We walked onto Soarin the same day. Go figure.

We picked Soarin as our Tier 1 FP (as that is my most fav. ride!). What is the chances it will be available as a fourth FP? My third one is from 11:25am to 12:25pm. We are only in EPCOT one day with no park hopper.

Thanks.

On Tuesday I had an 8am PPO ADR at Akershus. We walked out of the restaurant at 8:45 and rope drop people were speed walking to the queue. We ducked under the rope and got in line. We were behind about 30 people. About a 5 minute wait. When we got off it was up to 50 minutes.

Did Rope Drop for FEA for the 3rd time this past December. The walk is long, but not as long as I pictured it to be. My watch clocked it at a little over a half of mile. My party's always the first or second at the tapstile, we scan in, then briskly walk, opting to go left at the Epcot Ball. I rarely see anyone running, mostly walking. We're on in 5 minutes, but by the time we get off the line is huge. It usually goes up to 90 minutes, then drops off a bit once the morning rush is over. I say go for it!

anyone have any idea how fast the FP line goes at FEA? I've was able to snag one, but it's at like 3PM

I had a mid-afternoon (~1-3pm-ish) FP for FEA on a Saturday in October. We waited approximately 30 minutes in the FP line before boarding the ride.

We picked Soarin as our Tier 1 FP (as that is my most fav. ride!). What is the chances it will be available as a fourth FP? My third one is from 11:25am to 12:25pm. We are only in EPCOT one day with no park hopper.

Thanks.

FP for FEA have been reported to be gone quickly 60 days in advance. You won't get one unless someone drops theirs.

We had early FP to Soarin', but after we left Soarin', the FEA line was listed in MDE as 10 minutes. We decided to stop at the DVC Lounge first. By the time we left the Lounge, FEA was broken down.Later in the day, it was 90 minutes to 2 hours, so we decided to try for it on our next trip.

I got my fast passes in the AM 60 days out. FEA was already gone.

What is the situation with FEA on a morning EMH? This summer we will have 5 little Frozen fans in our party, so FEA is high priority, and the Akershus breakfast is out due to cost. We are staying at SOG, so we'll have a 30 day FP+ disadvantage. Would we be better off to avoid EMH?

What is the situation with FEA on a morning EMH? This summer we will have 5 little Frozen fans in our party, so FEA is high priority, and the Akershus breakfast is out due to cost. We are staying at SOG, so we'll have a 30 day FP+ disadvantage. Would we be better off to avoid EMH?

If a guest cannot or chooses not to PARTICIPATE in AM EMH, it is much better to avoid going to a park on a morning when that park has an AM EMH.

This is one of the most essential and proven rules of WDW.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter