From WDW to DL With Love - January 06, 2011 part 5

Is anybody else on here planning to book the cruise to Hawaii. I am actually quite relieved that it will be round trip from Los Angeles. This will make sorting out flights much easier. The timing works well for us, too.

Corinna
We are. Calling at 8 A.M. EST on Thursday.

so did you two take the disney excursion or one that you do when you get off the ship (find a driver for $20 a person) so she knows which to try and do - and find that restaurant. or do you know where that restaurant was???

I will find the name of the Restaurant - a taxi would likely be cheaper and less boring that the bus tour. Besides, the taxi driver might know a better place to shop. The girls who went walkabout in the port area said there was nothing much there, either.

a photo of the sign - "Restaurant La Muerta" - There's a big statue of Triton out front next to the street, and the restaurant faces the sea. Vendors also walk along the beach there, if she wants a tacky souvenir:)

Apparently, the proper name for Mananilla is Manzanilla de la Muerta - or "little apple of death" because the Mananilla is a tree bearing poisonous fruit.

Is anybody else on here planning to book the cruise to Hawaii. I am actually quite relieved that it will be round trip from Los Angeles. This will make sorting out flights much easier. The timing works well for us, too.

Corinna

I'll be booking it as soon as it goes on sale. I'm fairly certain I'll be sailing solo so I want to try to get it for as low a pricing tier as I can. Does anyone remember if the gold/plat early reservations had to be done via phone or could they be done online?
That's pretty much the only itinerary I'm interested in since I prefer the longer cruises. If it had been Fantasy (or Dream) doing the 8 nights out of NY, I'd be interested just to have the PC day for the opportunity to fully explore the ship while most everybody shuttles over to WDW.

I'll be booking it as soon as it goes on sale. I'm fairly certain I'll be sailing solo so I want to try to get it for as low a pricing tier as I can. Does anyone remember if the gold/plat early reservations had to be done via phone or could they be done online?
That's pretty much the only itinerary I'm interested in since I prefer the longer cruises. If it had been Fantasy (or Dream) doing the 8 nights out of NY, I'd be interested just to have the PC day for the opportunity to fully explore the ship while most everybody shuttles over to WDW.
When we booked the Panama Canal using our Gold status, we had to call in. It was not avilable to book on line until everyone including first timers could book. Hence why we plan on calling in at 5 A.M. L.A. time.

Corinna

Ok I'm out of the loop I guess! Where is there information about a cruise to Hawaii? When does it leave? How long a cruise? Is there any time to actually see Hawaii?

And where do you get your up to date info? I want to play too! :yay:

Barb

When we booked the Panama Canal using our Gold status, we had to call in. It was not avilable to book on line until everyone including first timers could book. Hence why we plan on calling in at 5 A.M. L.A. time.

Don't know how accurate this is (since we have gotten different answers from DCL when DISboard members have called) but I just called the Castaway Member phone number and asked when the announcement would be made and when Gold members would be able to book any of the to be announced schedule.
Of course she would not tell me anything, but she did say the announcement would be posted tomorrow afternoon, on-line at 1:00 p.m. EST. She indicated the posting would tell when we can book. I explained I wasn't asking what the announcement was, just when I could book whatever was announced. In a very polite voice she said "it will be explained on the website" BIG HELP - NOT

val

Ok I'm out of the loop I guess! Where is there information about a cruise to Hawaii? When does it leave? How long a cruise? Is there any time to actually see Hawaii?

And where do you get your up to date info? I want to play too! :yay:

Barb

The information is posted on the main cruise forum. Cruise sets sail on April 29th 2012 and is a 15 night sailing. Looks like a round trip from Los Angeles with stops at Hilo; Kahului, Maui; Honolulu, Oahu; Nawiliwili, Kauai and Ensenada, Mexico.

Corinna

Is everyone set for a reunion cruise to Hawaii? I hope the rumor is true.

Like I said, I am booking right when DCL opens at 5 A.M. PST. Not really a reunion for me as I really did not get a chance to meet any of you. Think the pin line will be crazy again?

I'm hoping to get on this cruise. Our 20th anniversary is 21st April next year, and I would LOVE to do another 15 nighter, irrespective of where it goes. DH seems keen, too. Whether or not we would take the kids out of school for 3 weeks is the big question mark.

Fingers crossed !

Cheers,
Sally :)

I am booked for Hawaii!

Sorry to have been away so long, but there has been a lot of ugly action in my life and some of you are aware. I tell you more later. Right now I am so happy to think about this.

Monday I am leaving for Bermuda with some friends for a 5 day cruise and some touring. They think I need it and they are right!

Talk to everyone later.

I miss all of you so much. What better than 15 days together again:woohoo:

No Hawaii for us...been there done that...

We have postponed our Alaska cruise from this Summer to the Spring so I booked that this morning as well as an extra Fall Coastal Cruise.

Hawaii here we come. It took me about an hour and a half on hold. We were in Hawaii, just Honolulu, on our honeymoon and it will be 45 years next year for us and now we can celebrate on the ship

Also booked the 5 day Canadian one for August 5. At least we will not need air fare for that one.

I am booked for Hawaii!

Sorry to have been away so long, but there has been a lot of ugly action in my life and some of you are aware. I tell you more later. Right now I am so happy to think about this.

Monday I am leaving for Bermuda with some friends for a 5 day cruise and some touring. They think I need it and they are right!

Talk to everyone later.

I miss all of you so much. What better than 15 days together again:woohoo:

I am really looking forward to seeing you again on the Hawaii cruise. I am so excited about this cruise. I hope that you will have a wonderful cruise to Bermuda.

Hawaii here we come. It took me about an hour and a half on hold. We were in Hawaii, just Honolulu, on our honeymoon and it will be 45 years next year for us and now we can celebrate on the ship

Also booked the 5 day Canadian one for August 5. At least we will not need air fare for that one.

Well done for booking the cruise. I had my travel agent do all the hard work. I am hoping for a cruise around my birthday next year, but we have not made a decision on that one yet. Hawaii was my focus.

Booked Hawaii this morning. I had my TA sit on hold!

That's the way to go. I was at work when the booking window opened so I knew my best chance was to let Kelsie do the work for me. I am looking forward to seeing you again.

Well, we are official. We managed to get a category 11C, stateroom 2519. I could not believe my luck that we already have a stateroom number. I expected that we would end up with GTY status. I just paid the deposit.

Corinna

We are booked as well. Got a sideways 11B. We transferred our 10/20/12 sailing on the Fantacy to the Hawaii cruise. The Hawaii cruise will be our first as Platium. We are super excited.

I got the same room Ryan & I had 2560 but it will be just me unless I can talk Sue into coming. Alysha will be in school and can not go. My friends from the Med cruise that I am cruising with in December on the Dream, Lynnise & Diann will be with us. They are just wonderful people. I am so excited. Did someone start a Hawaii thread?:surfweb:

I have been so tied up this week & packing is not my favorite thing even for a short trip:eek:! I just keep telling myself "you need it and you really want to go to Bermuda" and I do want to go to Bermuda!

I got the same room Ryan & I had 2560 but it will be just me unless I can talk Sue into coming. Alysha will be in school and can not go. My friends from the Med cruise that I am cruising with in December on the Dream, Lynnise & Diann will be with us. They are just wonderful people. I am so excited. Did someone start a Hawaii thread?:surfweb:

I have been so tied up this week & packing is not my favorite thing even for a short trip:eek:! I just keep telling myself "you need it and you really want to go to Bermuda" and I do want to go to Bermuda!

I do need it because those of you who don't know it, my daughter physically attacked me and threw me out of her house on February 15. It was ugly and she said many ugly things afterward like she hopes I have brain cancer and die and I am not her mother, she has a mother and her name is Cecelia (her mother-in-law). Absolutely nothing provoked this. No disagreement of any sort---just bingo! It was a horrifing event in my life as if I have not had enought, but maybe a wake up call because now I have decided I am #1 and if I don't take care of me, no one else is going to and the pitty parities are behind me. I think my husband would be proud of me! So there, that is it. I won't say I don't cry, because I do; but not for me, because I miss Garry but he would knock her on her you know what if he ever thought she laid a hand on her mother. One day at a time....I am fine!:thumbsup2

Also, if you were on my facebook, please sign on again. She destroyed it.
Harole Ann Ridgely Harper. I picked up some of you, but I know I did not recover everyone. THANKS!:grouphug:
Oh. My.Goodness. WHAT a horrible thing to have happen - and after all you have been through:sad2: Shame on HER. I *hope* she won't keep you from your beloved grandson.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter