From WDW to DL With Love - January 06, 2011 part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have somehow misplaced the list for the postcard exchance and I don't think it is on page one, or in my state of exhaustion, I just can't find it. Can someone help out?? Thanks so much!:confused3

POSTCARD EXCHANGE IS CLOSED
How it works: cruisers buy postcards of their area/country/town/city etc. and deliver them to each person/cabin on the list. Some people elect to make their own postcard using photos they have taken. Others print local recipes on a card. It is great fun to come back to your cabin and find mail.

UPDATE: The Postcard Exchange is closed. Linda, could you please post this final list on page one? Thanks you Val

#1Yepod 6084
bwcb4 2081 would love local recipes
cardidog 7098
carmie3377 6039
Cindy Girl 6126 1-17 is Austin’s 4th BD, a BD note would be great
DCL_FAN_TAC 5133
DCLtravler 6321
DisneyCruiser83 7046
disneylove69 7504
Disneymum2201 2594
Disneyana 7041
Betty 7041
glindamood 6511
Happy Goofy 6044
kmitchel 5500
MickeyMagic 6303
Pixie Dust II 2560
PIXZPWR 7067
Poohs4me 8034
Rose Quartz 1047
RRBB 7048
Sleeping_Beauty81 5514
Tami0220 7618
JenKatt 8516
Tinkryansmom 6040
tammy 7002
ValBob89 6572
Warbluzki 7576
WDW Princess 71 7522
WeLuvDCL 5520

Count - 30 individuals, 29 cabins

Here I come! Ugh I need to go see the dentist as my tooth just chipped off where I had a filling and soooo close to the cruise! Yikes! I knew I shouldn't have posted in that dentist thread and this is proof! :lmao:

Anywhoo...wish me well. Just the thought has the cold sweats coming and going, but I need to get this taken care of before we set sail.

Speading of the dentist, I also have to get there. I either broke off a piece of filling or a piece of tooth. Ever notice how your tongue likes to go to that empty spot? Why is that? :confused3

Bad news from the opthamologist too. Apparently, I scratched the cornea on my right eye a few weeks back. My vision is very blurry in that eye. I was told it would probably heal in a couple/few weeks. Well, I went back today for a recheck and, while it is getting better, it is still not healed. Looks like I can't wear my contacts on the cruise. This means I am going to have to go out and buy some prescription sunglasses before we go and time is running short. It's either that or wear those flip-up shades on my eyeglasses!! :cool1:

I just can't believe how close we are to Christmas and our cruise. We are going to WDW starting 12/31, so I don't have much time in between Christmas and our vacation. So far, no snow in the forecast for the weekend, so I should be able to finish up my Christmas shopping. Thankfully, I have done quite a bit of it onine.

My DD18 just finished finals for her first semester of college today. She will be coming home in a couple days for the next 6 weeks. I am hoping she will be a big help with getting ready for Christmas and the trip.

I need a new large suitcase, so I brought a couple home to decide. In the store, the 28 inch suitcase didn't look that big, but at home it looks gigantic! The other one is 25 inches. I am afraid if I keep the really big one, I will overpack it and it will end up overweight and the airlines will gouge me with extra fees. But the smaller one doesn't seem like it will hold enough. I never have learned how to go on vacation without overpacking, but I really don't have that luxury. Sounds like I may need warm clothes for WDW and DL and then dinner clothes and casual clothes for the cruise. So much to pack, so little room!!! :rolleyes1

Counting down to wedding Saturday. Rain expected here in CA for the next several days:scared1::scared1:

Once this weekend is over, it's time to change gears; Christmas and then cruise!!!!!

Happy Goofy---sorry it was soooooooon cold; where was Goofy hiding:confused3

ChipperMerlin--wanna take a jet plane to Orlando :rotfl2:

Okay, goofprincess, I thought we WERE taking a jet plane to Orlando! Please don't tell me Southwest canceled our flight.:rotfl2:

We're hauling out the umbrella for the wedding on Saturday. Can't wait to see everyone in their bridal finery.:cheer2:

I expect to see you next week - over here loading movies onto your i-Pad. Maybe by then I'll have some of my baking done. Valerie (ValBob89) is putting all of us to shame with her cooking. :worship:

Looking forward to seeing everyone on the ship. I'm so ready to be there!
Shirley

I have an embossing tool I bought at WDW that has 3 options: Mickey head, Mickey full body, or castle. If you're interested they appear to be a bit less than 1 inch diameter... let me know.

Wow, that sounds perfect...I'd be interested!

Just finished all of my FE! Had an exciting day here yesterday even made national news with the school board shooting. Won't start packing until the day before I leave. So excited!

Jenn, congrats on the grades. Those are beautiful shoes you're treating yourself to.

Tomorrow morning we're going to see DS perform in The Nutcracker. It's an annual tradition at his school (like 50+ years) that the Kindergarted puts on the show. (Well, an abbreviated version - it's only supposed to last about 30 minutes.) The boys in DS's class are the Russian Cossacks. The girls in his class are the Sugar Plum Fairies. I watched them rehearse a few times and it's so cute. DS has been "practicing" just about anywhere and everywhere. I think his favorite part is the last bit where they slide on their knees then shout, "Hey!" because I can't get him to stop sliding now. :lmao:

I just wanted to THANK YOU for posting this. How did you find out about this? I had no idea. Both DH and my passports expire in May. I never thought it would be an issue. Now we will be rushing to the County Clerk's office first thing tomorrow.

I am so upset I didn't know about this. We have had this cruise booked for over a year. I had plenty of time to get our passports renewed, and now I have to pay rush fees (about an additional $200)...and more stress I do not need as we count down to Christmas and the cruise.

Thank you again for posting this...I wouldn't have known otherwise!
I once had to fly down to Houston to get same day renewal of my passport for a trip to Germany 3 days later. So I not only paid the rush fees, but round trip airfare (thank goodness for SWA), taxi from/to airport in Houston and airport parking at home. Now that was crazy. But I've learned my lesson and check/recheck passport expiration dates now.

Jen, LOVE thet shoes and you SO deserve them. I'm jealous you can wear them. my wide feet would be hurting me after about 15 minutes. And, I'm laughing at myself just trying to imagine keeping up with me 3yo DD while wearing those. I hope you can relax now and enjoy the holidays and cruise planning.
When I went shopping for fancy shoes for last cruise, I told the salesman what I didn't want - high, skinny heals - because I would be chasing a 3 1/2 yo and carrying a 15 month old. What did he bring out for me to try on??? Yup, high, skinny heals.

Thinking of shipping a box to the port....afraid my FE gifts will be lost if I do.
Hmmm, now I'm thinking of shipping a box. Is there a list somewhere of what can't be shipped to port? I'd love to send our sunscreen. Kids hate the lotion kind so we use spray on.

I think we'll have to cancel this activity for lack of participation then unless someone has another idea :confused3
If I hadn't switched to digital I would have participated. But I have another suggestion. What about a Circle Journal after the cruise. I participated in one after a DVC Member cruise about 4 years ago and what I got back is just amazing. And both traditional and digi scrappers can participate if they want. Just a thought...

I have not heard anything from them regarding a location for the SM reveal yet either.

As a reminder, please confirm your SM's cabin number with the website. We all moved around so much I would hate for anyone to miss out!

I will let you know where the reveal is as soon as I know.
Yup, looks like we have a SM that changed cabins. Thanks for the reminder to check.

Sounds like we have several digi scrappers going. Count me in. I have just purchased several disney related digital papers and elements. I would like to see what others have and where you got them. Maybe we could have a digi scrapper meet in the promenade lounge one day to exchange designer info for disney elements.

Sounds like we have several digi scrappers going. Count me in. I have just purchased several disney related digital papers and elements. I would like to see what others have and where you got them. Maybe we could have a digi scrapper meet in the promenade lounge one day to exchange designer info for disney elements.
Sounds good to me. I'll have my laptop and probably most of my digi stash with me on the ship. I'm hoping to get at least a little of the trip scrapped while still out to sea. I purposely have not signed up to participate in many of the planned activities on this cruise so that I have plenty of "me" time - something I didn't plan for last cruise.

If you'd like to see the pages I scrapped from the last PC cruise, you can look here. I still have lots of pics to go through and scrap from that trip, but I needed to work on a few other projects for a while. So much for completing that trip's album before leaving for this one.

Well my sister was here tonight and is working on me to cancel our Nov 2011 Dream cruise and go with them on a Mar 2012 Mexican cruise, hmm what to do? I asked my two nieces that we're taking to WDW/Cruise if they'd like to just do WDW and go on the longer cruise in March and they were all for it. I can't do them both as DH won't have enough vacation time as we're going to Kauai in Jan 2012 and we're not cancelling that one.

Looks like it time for thread #5!

I agree, Stewart did an amazing job in that episode, but i just can't handle watching him get tortured. If I watch that episode, i usually fast forward through those parts. I've seen them once, and once was enough for me.

See that is so funny, because that is the reason I love that episode.

If you'd like to see the pages I scrapped from the last PC cruise, you can look here. I still have lots of pics to go through and scrap from that trip, but I needed to work on a few other projects for a while. So much for completing that trip's album before leaving for this one.

I love your album from last PC. Thanks for sharing:flower3:

We just got back from two cold days at DW. We went to the MVMCP and it was cold!!!!!!. I had 4 layers of shirts, cordaroy pants , a hat ,gloves and a blanket and I was still cold. We went last year and it was very crowded. this year the crowd was down. I don't know if it was the weather. The holiday wishes fireworks were absolutely beautiful. The parade was beautiful. We never leave early but it was so cold. We did not make it until midnight. We left about 10:30 and it took about an hour before we got back to the hotel. I never got to see Goofy except in the parade. Despite of the cold we had a great time.

I really can't get over how unpredictable the weather is in Florida. Well, the predictable thing is the unpredictability I guess!!;) We went 3 years running for 2 weeks from after Thanksgiving and into mid December and it was in the 80's at our MVMCP each time, shorts and tees at midnight!! First year was like that all 2 weeks, second we had 2 very cold windy days and the last time about 4 colder days, not too bad. You just have to take clothing for all occasions. I always took gloves and scarves, but didn't actually wear them. We were over for 6 weeks this last February/March and it was very cold the whole time. Now what is the chance of that?:sad2: Coldest Florida winter in donkeys years. Warmest day was our final day and we got a sweat up taking the luggage to the car!!:lmao::lmao: 6 weeks!!!!!!!!!

For those of you going to DL after the cruise....I just received this email with a list of the closures. Thought you might be interested.

• Honey I Shrunk the Audience (Disneyland) closed through 1/28/11 due to the temporary return of Captain EO.
• Corn Dog Castle (DCA) closed through 3/20/11 due to construction in the area. Corn dogs are currently available at Award Wieners.
• Mulholland Madness (DCA) closed through 4/20/11 for conversion to Goofy's Fly School.
• Star Tours (Disneyland) closed through 5/20/11 for renovation and upgrade to Star Tours 2.0.
• Pizza Oom Mow Mow (DCA) closed through 5/24/11 for conversion to Boardwalk Pizza and Pasta.
• Burger Invasion (DCA) closed through 5/24/11 for conversion to Paradise Garden Grill.
• "it's a small world" (Disneyland) closed 1/18/11-1/27/11 for removal of holiday overlay.
• 20th Century Music Company (Disneyland) closed 1/18/11-2/1/11 for refurbishment.
• Horse Drawn Steetcars (Disneyland) closed 1/18/11-2/15/11 due to Main Street paving project.
• Main Street Vehicles (Disneyland) closed 1/18/11-3/4/11 due to Main Street paving project.
• Hungry Bear Restaurant (Disneyland) closed 1/18/11-3/8/11 for refurbishment.
• Splash Mountain (Disneyland) closed 1/18/11-5/26/11 for refurbishment.
• Playhouse Disney (DCA) closed 1/24/11-3/24/11 for refurbishment.
• "it's tough to be a bug" (DCA) closed 1/28/11-3/3/11 for refurbishment.
• King Arthur Carrousel (Disneyland) closed 1/31/11-2/2/11 for refurbishment.
• Mark Twain Riverboat (Disneyland) closed 2/3/11-2/17/11 for refurbishment.

Thank you. Looks like a few things there I would have liked to go on, and if not, the ambiance will be lacking if everything there is surrounded by boarding. Ah well, DCL's fault for having the PC cruise so early.;) Should be quiet there I suppose.;)

Just talked to my daughter (sootheymom) she said she has not heard anything yet.
Im never gonna mind who is who:upsidedow
Just got a 2 bedroom for Disney's Hilton Head Island for next summer. I have one happy grandson!:cool1:
:thumbsup2 good good
Here I come! Ugh I need to go see the dentist as my tooth just chipped off where I had a filling and soooo close to the cruise! Yikes! I knew I shouldn't have posted in that dentist thread and this is proof! :lmao:

Anywhoo...wish me well. Just the thought has the cold sweats coming and going, but I need to get this taken care of before we set sail.
Speading of the dentist, I also have to get there. I either broke off a piece of filling or a piece of tooth. Ever notice how your tongue likes to go to that empty spot? Why is that? :confused3

Bad news from the opthamologist too. Apparently, I scratched the cornea on my right eye a few weeks back. My vision is very blurry in that eye. I was told it would probably heal in a couple/few weeks. Well, I went back today for a recheck and, while it is getting better, it is still not healed. Looks like I can't wear my contacts on the cruise. This means I am going to have to go out and buy some prescription sunglasses before we go and time is running short. It's either that or wear those flip-up shades on my eyeglasses!! :cool1:

I just can't believe how close we are to Christmas and our cruise. We are going to WDW starting 12/31, so I don't have much time in between Christmas and our vacation. So far, no snow in the forecast for the weekend, so I should be able to finish up my Christmas shopping. Thankfully, I have done quite a bit of it onine.

My DD18 just finished finals for her first semester of college today. She will be coming home in a couple days for the next 6 weeks. I am hoping she will be a big help with getting ready for Christmas and the trip.

I need a new large suitcase, so I brought a couple home to decide. In the store, the 28 inch suitcase didn't look that big, but at home it looks gigantic! The other one is 25 inches. I am afraid if I keep the really big one, I will overpack it and it will end up overweight and the airlines will gouge me with extra fees. But the smaller one doesn't seem like it will hold enough. I never have learned how to go on vacation without overpacking, but I really don't have that luxury. Sounds like I may need warm clothes for WDW and DL and then dinner clothes and casual clothes for the cruise. So much to pack, so little room!!! :rolleyes1
dentist, who need them?:rolleyes::dance3:
Good luck with the suitcase I went all through the suitcase hassle last cruise and I am all set for this one!
Well my sister was here tonight and is working on me to cancel our Nov 2011 Dream cruise and go with them on a Mar 2012 Mexican cruise, hmm what to do? I asked my two nieces that we're taking to WDW/Cruise if they'd like to just do WDW and go on the longer cruise in March and they were all for it. I can't do them both as DH won't have enough vacation time as we're going to Kauai in Jan 2012 and we're not cancelling that one.

Looks like it time for thread #5!
Leave hubby at home and go with your sister as well, sorted:thumbsup2

I really can't get over how unpredictable the weather is in Florida. Well, the predictable thing is the unpredictability I guess!!;) We went 3 years running for 2 weeks from after Thanksgiving and into mid December and it was in the 80's at our MVMCP each time, shorts and tees at midnight!! First year was like that all 2 weeks, second we had 2 very cold windy days and the last time about 4 colder days, not too bad. You just have to take clothing for all occasions. I always took gloves and scarves, but didn't actually wear them. We were over for 6 weeks this last February/March and it was very cold the whole time. Now what is the chance of that?:sad2: Coldest Florida winter in donkeys years. Warmest day was our final day and we got a sweat up taking the luggage to the car!!:lmao::lmao: 6 weeks!!!!!!!!!

Thank you. Looks like a few things there I would have liked to go on, and if not, the ambiance will be lacking if everything there is surrounded by boarding. Ah well, DCL's fault for having the PC cruise so early.;) Should be quiet there I suppose.;)

It will be warmer than scotland, but I hope its ok or it will be very dissapointing, just keeping telling ouselves we had AMAZING weather on ta, and this cruise is for the panama canal experianxce not the weather, saying that, I BETTER get a bit of a tan,!!

It will be warmer than scotland, but I hope its ok or it will be very dissapointing, just keeping telling ouselves we had AMAZING weather on ta, and this cruise is for the panama canal experianxce not the weather, saying that, I BETTER get a bit of a tan,!!

That is true Lynne and I kept telling myself that in February/March. But goodness me, it was for 6 weeks!!!:eek:

It should be great weather in the Caribbean onwards till we leave Cabo. So I think you will get a tan!!!:thumbsup2

I can't get into the new thread. I can access this thread with no problems, but I get Server Unavailable error every time I try to access the new one.

Corinna

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter