From WDW to DL With Love - January 06, 2011 part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know if it is a slow news day or what but I just listened to a report on our local news warning about about gang violence. Gangs of raccons are running out of bushes and attacking people walking their dogs. They also are warning these gangs come in through doogie doors and assault pets in their own homes!!!

We have had them come in through our kitty door and go through the pantry in the basement. They like junk food but not so much cheerios or rice.

:scared1::scared1::scared1:

I do love to shop online. It fits better with my schedule. I'd be more than happy to give you all the places I deal hunt for online.

We've emailed conceirge AGAIN about private events not getting back to us. At this rate we'll be on board setting stuff up!!!

I know that the person arranging the private tastings, etc on the WBTA had trouble getting a straight answer out of anybody. However, as soon as she got concierge involved, it was then sorted out in about 48 hours.

Jen - I think you are right. Those of you who were on the WBTA, did we know when the tastings were going to be held before we got on the ship? I think we did, about 2 weeks out, because it was in our personal navigator. I have been told the delay is because of the cruise director dept. Apparently they have first grab at the space on the ship. Before any special events can be approved, they have to have their schedule. Then special events organizers need to get approval from whomever, the catering dept. etc. before they can let us know.

Have they given the wedding renewal planners a definate date and time yet? I would hope they have priority. I have heard of them changing the date and time of weddings. Hope that was an unavoidable event.

Val

We did find out before the cruise, but at the last minute. I want to say only about a week or 10 days out. I can remember that I had to madly scramble to get one of the jewellery workshops rescheduled as this was suddenly clashing with one of the tastings. This time I have learned my lesson. I am going to wait until all the big events have been scheduled and then I will sort out the timings for the workshops. It will be a lot easier this time round as the groups are smaller (6, 4 and 2).

As to vow renewals, they do like to change things around even after they have informed people about the arrangements. I know that we had a couple on the cruise meet thread for the WBTA that only found out a couple of days before leaving that the timing of their ceremony had changed. When I attended a vow renewal on the Wonder in 2008, the couple found out once they got on the ship that the date had changed and on the day of the actual ceremony that the venue had changed. When you do a vow renewal on DCL, you are completely at their mercy. There is certain things that I would have loved to have personalized with the actual date, but even at 45 days out it would be to late to order for instance engraved wedding bands. Our wedding bands will state our names and February 1998 (the month and year of our wedding) and October 2011 (the month and year of our vow renewal). Things like the Fish Extender I had made and my magnets are just showing the date of the cruise. I suppose this will give us an excuse for a week long celebration.

Corinna

We just got back from two cold days at DW. We went to the MVMCP and it was cold!!!!!!. I had 4 layers of shirts, cordaroy pants , a hat ,gloves and a blanket and I was still cold. We went last year and it was very crowded. this year the crowd was down. I don't know if it was the weather. The holiday wishes fireworks were absolutely beautiful. The parade was beautiful. We never leave early but it was so cold. We did not make it until midnight. We left about 10:30 and it took about an hour before we got back to the hotel. I never got to see Goofy except in the parade. Despite of the cold we had a great time.

Got you added to my list :thumbsup2

They are $5.75 - a bargain :) Considering if we all ordered individually, they would have cost about $20 each.

Thanks KAY!! I have your envelope sealed & in my DCL red folder!!

Who can I contact to be added to the FE list?

That would be our fearless webmaster, Jeff!! His PM & Email info is on page 1, post 1...speaking of...we are really close to closing this thread:cool1::cool1:

Beth...Don't say laundry.:lmao:

I propose a new drinking game:surfweb:everytime someone mentions:laundy:...oops, I've got the 1st round!!

DD's HS finals update...Geometry's done and we have the January-missing HW packet so she can take the 1st round test before we cruise:worship: Love the Teacher:worship:...tonight's topic -- Pre-AP English -- so we're watching NBC's The Sing Off:happytv::happytv: ...

Night all...
Tahara

Good Morning, Happy Cruisers!

Sure wish I could participate in this - I'm a rabid scrapbooker. But realistically, in 30 days, with Christmas and houseguests in between, do I think I could get anything done? NO! So I have to regretfully step away from this activity.

I think we'll have to cancel this activity for lack of participation then unless someone has another idea :confused3

They have arrived!

The Panama Canal Certificates were on my porch this afternoon.

They are 15.5" by 21" so your mailing tube should be at least 16" tall and a reasonable diameter.

They are stunning though! I love them.

I also need your suggestions. They have adhesive gold seals that should be embossed before sticking them onto the certificate. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what we could use to emboss the seal? I was thinking a mickeyhead would be cool, but I have no idea how to do that. Suggestions? Help!

I was also hoping that some friendly peeps would be able to help emboss the seals and put them on the certificates once we are onboard (I don't want to do it prior to being on the ship so that they stay as nice as possible as we travel across the country.) Perhaps we can meet up one evening early on and do it over a :drinking1 or two!

I have an embossing tool I bought at WDW that has 3 options: Mickey head, Mickey full body, or castle. If you're interested they appear to be a bit less than 1 inch diameter... let me know.

We just got back from two cold days at DW. We went to the MVMCP and it was cold!!!!!!. I had 4 layers of shirts, cordaroy pants , a hat ,gloves and a blanket and I was still cold. We went last year and it was very crowded. this year the crowd was down. I don't know if it was the weather. The holiday wishes fireworks were absolutely beautiful. The parade was beautiful. We never leave early but it was so cold. We did not make it until midnight. We left about 10:30 and it took about an hour before we got back to the hotel. I never got to see Goofy except in the parade. Despite of the cold we had a great time.

So sorry we didn't get to meet up. We were just crazy busy this weekend. Let us know if you end up back in the area otherwise, we'll see ya on the ship!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KR_9A-cUEJc

This looks fab, Capt jack and penelope cruz look great together!

I think it is great, only wish it could be on the ship. Got list of films that would be on the ship & had it on a paper towel and my dd accidently threw it away.

POTC4

Harole Ann I have the same Mickey in my office! Alan will see you on the same bus. We are at Kidani.

My dd got the Mickey at Walgreens so I bought all they had to take home! Glad to see Alan. I have something for him!

Today was the first day this week my two youngest grandsons went to school and it was with a two hour delay. I guess I got out of town at the right time! It is cool here, but can not compare to home!:rotfl:We have had lots of sunshine.

Counting down to wedding Saturday. Rain expected here in CA for the next several days:scared1::scared1:

Once this weekend is over, it's time to change gears; Christmas and then cruise!!!!!

Happy Goofy---sorry it was soooooooon cold; where was Goofy hiding:confused3

ChipperMerlin--wanna take a jet plane to Orlando :rotfl2:

Just got a 2 bedroom for Disney's Hilton Head Island for next summer. I have one happy grandson!:cool1:

I have not heard anything from them regarding a location for the SM reveal yet either.

As a reminder, please confirm your SM's cabin number with the website. We all moved around so much I would hate for anyone to miss out!

I will let you know where the reveal is as soon as I know.

For those of you going to DL after the cruise....I just received this email with a list of the closures. Thought you might be interested.

• Honey I Shrunk the Audience (Disneyland) closed through 1/28/11 due to the temporary return of Captain EO.
• Corn Dog Castle (DCA) closed through 3/20/11 due to construction in the area. Corn dogs are currently available at Award Wieners.
• Mulholland Madness (DCA) closed through 4/20/11 for conversion to Goofy's Fly School.
• Star Tours (Disneyland) closed through 5/20/11 for renovation and upgrade to Star Tours 2.0.
• Pizza Oom Mow Mow (DCA) closed through 5/24/11 for conversion to Boardwalk Pizza and Pasta.
• Burger Invasion (DCA) closed through 5/24/11 for conversion to Paradise Garden Grill.
• "it's a small world" (Disneyland) closed 1/18/11-1/27/11 for removal of holiday overlay.
• 20th Century Music Company (Disneyland) closed 1/18/11-2/1/11 for refurbishment.
• Horse Drawn Steetcars (Disneyland) closed 1/18/11-2/15/11 due to Main Street paving project.
• Main Street Vehicles (Disneyland) closed 1/18/11-3/4/11 due to Main Street paving project.
• Hungry Bear Restaurant (Disneyland) closed 1/18/11-3/8/11 for refurbishment.
• Splash Mountain (Disneyland) closed 1/18/11-5/26/11 for refurbishment.
• Playhouse Disney (DCA) closed 1/24/11-3/24/11 for refurbishment.
• "it's tough to be a bug" (DCA) closed 1/28/11-3/3/11 for refurbishment.
• King Arthur Carrousel (Disneyland) closed 1/31/11-2/2/11 for refurbishment.
• Mark Twain Riverboat (Disneyland) closed 2/3/11-2/17/11 for refurbishment.

I think we'll have to cancel this activity for lack of participation then unless someone has another idea :confused3

Sorry it didn't work out. I scrap, but I digi-scrap :surfweb: I hope to bring my scrap stuff with my laptop and spend some sea days scrapping.

I have an embossing tool I bought at WDW that has 3 options: Mickey head, Mickey full body, or castle. If you're interested they appear to be a bit less than 1 inch diameter... let me know.

:goodvibes It might work. :thumbsup2 Could you bring it and we can see if it will work? The seal is 1.75 inches diameter, ideally 1.5" seal would be best, but perhaps we can use your embossing tool. If it needs more, perhaps afterward we could 'draw' a border around it using some cardboard disc that I have.

Someone suggested 'drawing' around a pin shaped as a mickey head. That could be another option too.

Any other suggestions? Obviously we want to keep it simple as we have 130 certificates to emboss.

--Kay

Thanks for including us, Kay. I'll pay you when we meet up.

I finished batching up the bracelets today. I ended up 15 short on adults. I've temporarily substituted youth sizes. They are stretchy so they will fit over most hands and are then fairly loose on your wrist. Carly and I both are wearing youth.

If you've already gotten your bracelets and they are a little too big let me know and I'll exchange for a youth. That way people who really need the adult size can have what they need.

If you question where your bracelets are just ask. I have a list of people who wanted to get theirs at the port or on the ship.
tenya

I finished batching up the bracelets today. I ended up 15 short on adults. I've temporarily substituted youth sizes. They are stretchy so they will fit over most hands and are then fairly loose on your wrist. Carly and I both are wearing youth.

If you've already gotten your bracelets and they are a little too big let me know and I'll exchange for a youth. That way people who really need the adult size can have what they need.

If you question where your bracelets are just ask. I have a list of people who wanted to get theirs at the port or on the ship.
tenya

I can wear a youth and you can send me youths for the other 2 I ordered. I will get the adults back to you.

tenya

I'm thinking you sent me more than I ordered. I will check tomorrow, but I'm pretty sure I got more than 9.

Here I come! Ugh I need to go see the dentist as my tooth just chipped off where I had a filling and soooo close to the cruise! Yikes! I knew I shouldn't have posted in that dentist thread and this is proof! :lmao:

Anywhoo...wish me well. Just the thought has the cold sweats coming and going, but I need to get this taken care of before we set sail.

I have somehow misplaced the list for the postcard exchance and I don't think it is on page one, or in my state of exhaustion, I just can't find it. Can someone help out?? Thanks so much!:confused3

Here I come! Ugh I need to go see the dentist as my tooth just chipped off where I had a filling and soooo close to the cruise! Yikes! I knew I shouldn't have posted in that dentist thread and this is proof! :lmao:

Anywhoo...wish me well. Just the thought has the cold sweats coming and going, but I need to get this taken care of before we set sail.

I surely do wish you good luck as that is my least favorte place to go, but better now than in the middle of the cruise! :scared1:

I have somehow misplaced the list for the postcard exchance and I don't think it is on page one, or in my state of exhaustion, I just can't find it. Can someone help out?? Thanks so much!:confused3

I saved the list the last time it was updated:

POSTCARD EXCHANGE IS CLOSED
How it works: cruisers buy postcards of their area/country/town/city etc. and deliver them to each person/cabin on the list. Some people elect to make their own postcard using photos they have taken. Others print local recipes on a card. It is great fun to come back to your cabin and find mail.

UPDATE: The Postcard Exchange is closed. Linda, could you please post this final list on page one? Thanks you Val

#1Yepod 6084
bwcb4 2081 would love local recipes
cardidog 7098
carmie3377 6039
Cindy Girl 6126 1-17 is Austin’s 4th BD, a BD note would be great
DCL_FAN_TAC 5133
DCLtravler 6321
DisneyCruiser83 7046
disneylove69 7504
Disneymum2201 2594
Disneyana 7041
Betty 7041
glindamood 6511
Happy Goofy 6044
kmitchel 5500
MickeyMagic 6303
Pixie Dust II 2560
PIXZPWR 7067
Poohs4me 8034
Rose Quartz 1047
RRBB 7048
Sleeping_Beauty81 5514
Tami0220 7618
JenKatt 8516
Tinkryansmom 6040
tammy 7002
ValBob89 6572
Warbluzki 7576
WDW Princess 71 7522
WeLuvDCL 5520

Count - 30 individuals, 29 cabins

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter