From WDW to DL With Love - January 06, 2011 part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just popped in to see what was going on and you have closed the last thread. You have been chatting away:lmao:

We are in London on part one of our tour back to old blighty to see family and show the kids the country that their family is from.

Carmie, I think everyone has given you wonderful suggestions for San Francisco. Got to add I loved the Disney Family museum. There is also a Lucas Film thing on the Presidio (same area as the Disney Family Museum) if you like Star Wars.

The Academy of sciences in Golden Gate park is a great visit. I call it the Teletubby building because of its living roof which resembles the teletubby home (you can tell I have kids can't you).

Monterey Bay Aquarium a couple of hours south is fantastic, as is a drive around pebble beach on 17 mile drive.

One other suggestion and for me, if you have time, it is a must do. Drive over to Yosemite for a couple of days. Our first trip there the word "awesome" didn't do it justice. We still find it stunning, in sun, in mist and in snow. Something different every season.

I'll try and keep up reading this thread, but no promises until I get back home.

-Kay

Just popped in to see what was going on and you have closed the last thread. You have been chatting away:lmao:

We are in London on part one of our tour back to old blighty to see family and show the kids the country that their family is from.

Carmie, I think everyone has given you wonderful suggestions for San Francisco. Got to add I loved the Disney Family museum. There is also a Lucas Film thing on the Presidio (same area as the Disney Family Museum) if you like Star Wars.

The Academy of sciences in Golden Gate park is a great visit. I call it the Teletubby building because of its living roof which resembles the teletubby home (you can tell I have kids can't you).

Monterey Bay Aquarium a couple of hours south is fantastic, as is a drive around pebble beach on 17 mile drive.

One other suggestion and for me, if you have time, it is a must do. Drive over to Yosemite for a couple of days. Our first trip there the word "awesome" didn't do it justice. We still find it stunning, in sun, in mist and in snow. Something different every season.

I'll try and keep up reading this thread, but no promises until I get back home.

-Kay

Hi Kay. Sorry the weather isn't too good. We did have a heat wave for quite a few weeks, but it seems to have disappeared somewhere. In fact we are close to popping on the heating.:confused3 Still it is great seeing the sites and people here anyway. Have a great time.

The Academy of sciences in Golden Gate park is a great visit. I call it the Teletubby building because of its living roof which resembles the teletubby home (you can tell I have kids can't you).-Kay

Finally — someone else who saw "Teletubby" when she looked at the Academy of Sciences building! I watched my first episode of Teletubbies when in London back in the mid-90s and couldn't believe what I was seeing. LOL!

Have a wonderful time! London is one of my fave cities and just returned three weeks ago from a week-long visit.
Shirley

Hey there,
Are any of you Connecticut people? I just received a Delta sale update and they have Hartford to Orlando for $84 one-way. I have no idea if that is a good price, but I thought I would pass on the info.
I hope everyone has a wonderful day and weekend.
Stay safe!
~Melissa

Just got home from picking up the first of my FE gifts. They came out pretty nice and I am happy with them.

Off to run some errands and then enjoy a BBQ tonight.

Have a great day!

Starting Monday, July 19th, Jet Blue will extend their schedule through February 28, 2011.

Currently they are only selling through January 4, 2011, and I know there are many of us who are anxiously awaiting these added dates!

Just got home from picking up the first of my FE gifts. They came out pretty nice and I am happy with them.

Off to run some errands and then enjoy a BBQ tonight.

Have a great day!
Wow, getting FE gifts already? We're still debating what to do - something similar to last time (if you remember what we gave) or something totally different. I fugure we'll wait another couple months, until we have a better idea how many cabins are participating.

Now it's time to get back to MIL's. FIL passed away early Monday morning so we've been spending most free time over there.

Sea screamer:thumbsup2,in clearwater, got soaking wet on both, no dolphins in san fran though.wheres yours?
Kemah Boardwalk - about 35 miles or so SE of Houston. It's called the Boardwalk Beast. Never been on it but it does look like fun.

I watched my first episode of Teletubbies when in London back in the mid-90s and couldn't believe what I was seeing. LOL!
So happy our Teletubbies days are over. DD loved them when she was little. DH and I finally hid the toys and movies. We couldn't take it anymore!!

Now it's time to get back to MIL's. FIL passed away early Monday morning so we've been spending most free time over there.
Sorry to hear about your FIL :hug:

Really? I was told it wasn't worth it and to wait until it shows on TV.

If this wasn't a movie critic, then I think thus person thinks because it is not a Disney or a Pixar movie it can't be good. They could not be more wrong. It is a good, funny, entreating movie. Check it out in 3-D if you can.

Wow, so much to do in the City and surrounding areas, where does one begin?? To add to what has already been mentioned, on the Golden Gate side of The City you can also take the Cable Car from Fishermans Wharf. to Lombard St (crooked st). I personally LOVE the exploritorium and the Palace of fine Arts (thats the dome thing they have at DCA). Walking across the Golden Gate is fun as is the Presidio. From over there, you can head to Napa (about an hour drive) or if you like car races, you can see if Sears Point is open (about halfway between Napa and SF), or you can go to Stinson Beach and Muir woods. On the East side of SF, there is Treasure Island (not much to do, but beautiful views). Santa Cruz is also about 1.5 hours away. Personally, for the tourist experience, and since you are already going to Alcatraz, you should take the Cable Car to Fishermans Wharf/Pier 39 in the mornoning, walk around there, get clam chowder on a sourdough bread bowl (I don't care what anyone says, there is nothing like SF sourdough) and go to Alcatraz. Then, whenyou return from Alcatraz, walk over to Ghirardelli chocolate factory and get an ice cream. Then, catch the Cable Car from there and hit Lombard on your way back to the hotel. That will get you quite a bit of the touristy things in one day and then you can do random things on day two. A couple of pieces of advice: read the parking signs carefully-SF has Nazi meter maids! Don't worry about style-dress for comfort! Especially the shoes as the streets can be VERY steep! Dress in layers! My sister an I always joke that you can tell the tourist because they are the ones in shorts with SF sweatshirts (they get cold and are forced to buy the SS to keep warm). HAVE FUN!
P.S. if you decide to go to Napa, let me know...I know people @ some of the wineries so could probably get you in for free=0)
-Melissa
Lots of great ideas. THANKS!!!

Just remember for Alcatraz and the Disney Museum to buy your tickets ahead of time. We once went to take the Alcatraz tour and the whole day was sold out. Also understand that only a certain amount of people are admitted to the Disney Museum each hour so it's best to have advance tickets.
Thanks for this tip. I would be really disappointed if we missed these things because I didn't plan ahead!

-Kay

DH would so love to go to Yosemite! However, doesn't look like we're going to have time for it :(

Thanks again to everyone on all the wonderful things to do in San Francisco. I didn't realize I was going to have so much fun!!!!

Hi Kay. Sorry the weather isn't too good. We did have a heat wave for quite a few weeks, but it seems to have disappeared somewhere. In fact we are close to popping on the heating.:confused3 Still it is great seeing the sites and people here anyway. Have a great time.

I am actually enjoying the weather in London. Its not cold, in fact its very pleasant, if a bit windy sometimes. Having just left temperatures which were in the low 90s (read over 32C for those who work in celsius) its nice to be able to walk all day without having to shelter from the sun/heat.

Finally — someone else who saw "Teletubby" when she looked at the Academy of Sciences building! I watched my first episode of Teletubbies when in London back in the mid-90s and couldn't believe what I was seeing. LOL!

Have a wonderful time! London is one of my fave cities and just returned three weeks ago from a week-long visit.
Shirley

Thanks, we are having a great time. But you must have left it in a bit of a mess as they are having to do all these repairs now. LOL! Only kidding! (for those that don't know - London is covered in cranes and building work in preparation for the 2012 olympics. It seems that most of the historic buildings are undergoing some sort of renovations.)

Wow, getting FE gifts already? We're still debating what to do - something similar to last time (if you remember what we gave) or something totally different. I fugure we'll wait another couple months, until we have a better idea how many cabins are participating.

Sorry to hear of your loss. Our thoughts are with you at this time. :grouphug:

The family saw The Sorcerer's Apprentice this morning -- we really liked it, especially the nods to Mickey's Fantasia Apprentice, The Raiders of the Lost Ark, Star Wars Episode IV, and a great car chase scene through NYC. When you go see it (or if they show it on the Wonder) wait through the final credits, it's a great:goodvibes twist!

For movie buffs -- previews for Secretariat were enticing!!

Happy Birthday DisneyLand -- looking good for 55 years!!

So we were at the Happy Birthday sing along in town square and posing for photos was Geroge Kalogridis, The President of Disneyland. I will try and post later. Now having a dinner buffet at Storytellers.

Can't believe we are on thread 3 already. At this rate we'll be close to closing thread 4 by the time the cruise gets here, especially considering the volume of posting that I'm sure will occur as we get closer.

We had a great week at OKW last week. My family came down and we all stayed in a Grand Villa. It was very nice, a couple small issues, but nothing huge. Now that we have finished that vacation, it is time to move into full planning for the cruise. Submitted our applications for passports on Monday just before the cutoff for the $35 price increase.

Starting Monday, July 19th, Jet Blue will extend their schedule through February 28, 2011.

Currently they are only selling through January 4, 2011, and I know there are many of us who are anxiously awaiting these added dates!

I'm eagerly awaiting Virgin America's SF to Orlando service - that theoretically should be available by then. Since Southwest fares for when we want to travel are already absurd, we figure there's no harm in waiting - even if Virgin America delays the route even more, there's at least a chance we'll see a sale between now and say, September. :sad2:

Well..for this item..it didn't really matter how many were participating because I can give out multiple. I know what I am doing for our other FE gifts but for those I will wait a little closer.

I am very sorry to hear about your FIL...My thoughts are with your family.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter