From Cast Member to Annual Passholder! Updated 03/14/16

Just found this and am now ready for more. Congulation on the weight loss and going after your dream and getting it. Now that a Spring breaks are over I can't wait to read about it from a CM side about all the craziness.

Thanks for sharing your experiences, it's fun to read a CM point of view.
We will be in Epcot Monday and Wednesday (4/20, 22). And I sure will need to get my Starbucks:woohoo:
My wife and l will try and stop in and say hello Robin.

Guess what time it is????

UPDATE TIME!

Sunday 4/12:
Work from 9:45-9:00pm. It was a very long day, but I made it through!

Monday 4/13:
Worked from 11:45-9:00pm. After work I met up with my friend Paul and Sonia and we went to Rising Star again at Universal City Walk and had a great time! I really love that place!

Tuesday 4/14:
I was off today and Sonia and I had a plan to go apartment hunting since both of us need a place to move at the end of July and we have become the closest of friends! We explored a couple of apartment complexes in the area and out of the blue her old roommate from her first program texted her asking if she was looking to move anytime soon since she was looking for roommates to get a three bedroom. So we headed over to her friend's apartment complex to do a tour of a three bedroom and I just fell in love! Since Krysten already lives at the apartments she is just transferring from her one bedroom come July and Sonia and I move in July 22nd and I can't wait!!! The apartments are close to Disney, they have a fitness center that does yoga classes (I LOVE YOGA!) and it just feels like a resort! It's so stunning and I am so proud that we were approved!
After our apartment hunting Sonia and I went to Downtown Disney to walk around before we headed to Jellyrolls!

Wednesday 4/15
Worked from 3:00pm-9:00pm. This was just a great shift! I had some really awesome guest interactions when I was on register, and to my surprise, a friend of mine that I met on my first program and her husband stopped by to say hi! It just made my day to see her, and she was just such a sweetheart!

Thursday 4/16

Worked from 9:45am-4:00pm. Another great day at work! This whole week has actually been really slow at the store. Park attendance has been slow this week which I thought was odd, but I guess it's right after the Spring Breakers all left.

Friday 4/17
Another day off! I picked Sonia up and we headed to the Magic Kingdom! It felt like it had been forever since I was there and I was so happy to be back "home"!

We decided to go Columbia Harbor House for some lunch. She ordered the Shrimp Platter and I ordered the Fish Platter and we shared it. It was so delicious! We headed towards Main Street to watch the Festival of Fantasy Parade which was beautiful as always!

After the parade we headed over to meet Gaston!

As we were heading towards The Voyage of the Little Mermaid we ran into Taylor or (@reallifedisney on Instagram) and I just had to stop and take a picture with her! I love her photos. She was just so lovely in person!

We headed out around 6:00pm and went over to the Beach Club so we could walk to Epcot. We wandered around the World Showcase for a little and headed back to the Boardwalk. I grabbed a Chicken Sandwich and Sonia had a burger and we watched the movie on the lawn until we decided to go to Jellyrolls...yes again! It was a wonderful time as always!

Hoping to get a new Vlog up this week, this week has been super busy for me and I just haven't had much time!

Also remember to follow me on Instagram if you'd like to see my photos before I have time to upload them onto here!
INSTAGRAM

Last edited:
I really enjoy reading your posts and seeing all your pictures! What a wonderful experience! I have never heard of pirate league. We haven't been to Disney in a long time but we will be coming this December. What is pirate league? I think my boys would like it. BTW, I wanted to say I think you would make a great Disney princess. If you could be any princess at Disney which one would it be? Well, thanks for posting, keep up the good work!
Andi
Thank you for following along! Pirates League is similar to Bibbiddi Boppity Boutique in that they do makeup and outfits for kids. For the boys they will turn them into Pirates and for girls they will turn them into mermaids! That's exciting that you will be back in Disney in December! Thank you so much, I would love to be Belle!

Sounds like you had a great week.
Fireworks are always so magical, and it's great that you got to see them at the end of the day and got to reflect on what brought you back home & how grateful you feel!

I did! Thank you for reading Sarah!

Sounds like a great week!! It's so great that you know that you are home!! I would love to work at WDW after my hubby and I retire. enioy the rest of your weekend!
I hope your dream comes true!
Sounds like loads more Disney fun!! I totally want to see the Longest Ride...read the book...it's a great story. So awesome that your friend will be joining you working at Disney - hopefully your schedules will work out and you will have lots of time to spend together!
I didn't get to see it yet, but hopefully this week!

Love this thread, Hopefully I get a chance to pop in, grab a drink and say Hi when I'm at WDW next week.
I hope so!
Loved reading every moment of your experience as a CM!
It's amazing all the different memories you're making!
I love your bracelet that you bought, I can't wait to buy my first Ani and Alex bracelet when I go next year!
Can't wait to read more :)
Thank you so much!!
All caught up. I'm enjoying your report so much!
Glad to hear it!!!!!
Another great week, your definitely living the dream, rising star looked like a fun place :)
It is so awesome!
great update - good news about your friend too - double trouble coming soon!
Thank you!!
Congrats to your Best friend!!! Glad you had a great week!
Thank you, I sure did!
jumping in to say hi and i love reading along!
Thank you!!!
Finding your happy place makes all the difference in the world. I am thrilled that your journey "home" is complete and excited for your adventures to come. Keep up the great work and those posts.
Thanks so much!
Loving your report! I just moved here last week from Arkansas to work full time for Disney. It's been so hard to be here this week and not be able to go to the park. Can't wait for that Main Gate Entrance Pass!
Oh that's awesome! Where do you work at? Maybe we will see each other!
I found your report last night & have got all caught up. I've been looking for a report like yours for a while. I'm hoping to follow my dreams in the next year or so & move "home"!
I hope your dreams come true!!!
I love reading accounts of people "living the dream". Thanks for sharing!
Thank you for reading!
Totally just read all of your posts in one sitting! Love your writing style and your love and excitement for Disney just shine through your writing! Congratulations on making such an awesome and exciting move in your life. Can't wait to read more!
Haha, glad you are enjoying my report and thank you so much!
Love reading your report!
Thank you!
Just found this and am now ready for more. Congulation on the weight loss and going after your dream and getting it. Now that a Spring breaks are over I can't wait to read about it from a CM side about all the craziness.
Just posted more! Thanks so much!
Thanks for sharing your experiences, it's fun to read a CM point of view.
We will be in Epcot Monday and Wednesday (4/20, 22). And I sure will need to get my Starbucks:woohoo:
My wife and l will try and stop in and say hello Robin.
How awesome! I'd love meet you both! I work Monday from 9:45am-6:30pm and on Wednesday from 9:00am-3:30pm!

Congratulations on the apartment - July will be here before yo now it. You do some long hours , but the off days look amazing.

I'll be working in Shared Services (accounting) in Celebration starting Monday. I plan on going to Epcot this weekend though to check out the Flower and Garden Festival. Will I be able to get in if I haven't gotten my Main Gate Pass yet? Just on my ID badge?

Awesome news about the apartment!! I'm sure it will be a totally different experience for you but equally fun!

Congrats on the new apartment. A fitness center with yoga classes sounds awesome ... I'm really happy for you!

I love the pictures from Festival of Fantasy ... that's one parade I still haven't found time to see, so I love seeing pictures.
I love the picture of you and Gaston. So cute!

I'm following you on Instagram now ... I'm looking forward to seeing all of your pictures before they get posted here!

Another great update and another great sunset photo! Congrats on the apartment, super exciting! It sounds divine.

Festival of Fantasy is such a pretty parade, isn't it? Loved your photos.

Still following along. :flower: There is a special on Target's website for digital Starbucks gift cards so I bought some that I plan to tuck away for our trip in October. Love your reports and pictures... a little pixie dust to make the wait until our vacation a little more bearable. Thank you!

Great news about your apartment. I have a quick question for you. We have been to WDW during Spring Break quite a few times, however, my kid's spring break were never on a week that included Easter. Well, next year it is. Is it crazier than a "normal" Spring break crowd? We are DVC members and on the charts the points are the same as they are during Christmas. Yikes!! Just wanted to get your perspective!! Thanks and have a great week.

So exciting about your new apartment! Don't worry it won't be slow for long...I know lots of families heading there for our Spring Break in a week! We will be there soon too...I am hoping to get the Where am I mugs from Starbucks! My hubby travels a lot for work so I have them from all over the place. I'm hoping to add the WDW ones to my collection!

Hi there Robin!! Congrats on getting the apartment :thumbsup2 So glad things are still going well for you! Seven months from tomorrow I'll be back down there saying hi again lol :banana:

Hiah everyone, sorry for the delay in the posting! Life has been pretty busy lately, but here is an update for you all!

Saturday April 18th:
I worked from 4:00pm-10:00pm. I made whip cream, was on register, went to line greeter, and ended at cold bar!

Sunday April 19th:
I worked from 9:45am-9:00pm so it was a very long day! I ended up going over to my new friend Adam's house and we went swimming and ate Taco Bell and watched Divergent which was a relaxing way to spend the night!

Monday April 20th:
I worked from 9:45am-6:45pm. I thought I would be able to go to the park after but I was exhausted so I just went home to relax.

Tuesday April 21st:
I worked from 3:00pm-9:00pm and Sonia and I went to Jelly Rolls! This is literally like a weekly routine for us, we just love it so much!

Wednesday April 22nd:
I worked from 9:00am-3:30pm and it was one of the best shifts I've worked in a while! I was on Pastry Support so I put finishing touches on our Mickey Cupcakes and packaged all of the pastries! It was peaceful and so nice! To prove how much we love Jelly Roll's Sonia and I went AGAIN!

Thursday April 23rd:
Finally a day off! I decided to take the day for myself to walk around Magic Kingdom for a little while!

Then I decided to head over to Hollywood Studios to ride Tower of Terror and Rock N' Roller Coaster and to see the Frozen Sing Along Show and Indiana Jones!

I was getting tired but I wanted to go over to the Polynesian to drink some Hot Chocolate on the beach and it just so happened they were playing 101 Dalmatians on the beach so it was just lovely!

This day was just filled with magic from beginning to end. It's so nice to have these little mini vacations that just put everything back into perspective and remind me how blessed I am!

Friday April 24th:
I worked from 9:45-6:30pm and I skyped my little brother afterwards and just took it easy for the night!

Saturday April 25th:
I was off today Adam and I went to Animal Kingdom (it was his first time!) I took him on Dinosaur, Primeval Whirl, Expedition Everest, and Kilamanjaro Safaris. We had a great time! We headed back to his place after where he made us an awesome dinner and we watched Dracula Untold. It was such a great day! :cloud9::cloud9:

Sunday April 26th:
Day off #2! I went to see The Longest Ride before meeting up with Sonia at Epcot around 7:30pm. I took the morning really easy and just slept in and did laundry. We headed to... JELLYROLLS :rolleyes1around 9:30pm after walking around Epcot and going on Spaceship Earth!

Monday April 27th:
Day off #3! This 3-day weekend was just so wonderful! Adam texted me and asked if I wanted to come over and spend the day watching movies and going swimming so I of course said yes! We had so much fun just laughing and talking enjoying the lazy day!:cutie:

Tuesday April 28th:
I worked from 3:15pm-10:00pm. For some reason this week I have been scheduled a lot of closing shifts but I got lucky tonight because I closed Dining Room which if fairly simple and I was out at 10:02pm which was nice! Afterwards I met Sonia at Jellyrolls...I told you!!! WE LOVE IT! :teeth::teeth:

Wednesday April 29th:
Today I was scheduled from 4:00pm-10:00pm. I was busser and dining room stocker for most of my shift and after break I came back and was on cold bar until we closed at 9pm. I got really lucky again and closed Dining Room but tonight it took a little longer and clocked out at 10:28pm!

I haven't really been able to make any Youtube videos but I really hope to have another one up sometime soon! It has really been a wonderful couple weeks with new friends and fun adventures!

:tink:

Congratulations on the apartment - July will be here before yo now it. You do some long hours , but the off days look amazing.

Thank you! Time is flying!

Congrats on the apartment! Sounds like another great week for you! :)
Thank you! It was!
I'll be working in Shared Services (accounting) in Celebration starting Monday. I plan on going to Epcot this weekend though to check out the Flower and Garden Festival. Will I be able to get in if I haven't gotten my Main Gate Pass yet? Just on my ID badge?
Sorry I didn't reply soon! You should be able to go to Guest Relations if you've had your Traditions Class and they will give you a temporary park hopper pass for the day.
Awesome news about the apartment!! I'm sure it will be a totally different experience for you but equally fun!
Thank you Kathy!

Congrats on the new apartment. A fitness center with yoga classes sounds awesome ... I'm really happy for you!

I love the pictures from Festival of Fantasy ... that's one parade I still haven't found time to see, so I love seeing pictures.
I love the picture of you and Gaston. So cute!

I'm following you on Instagram now ... I'm looking forward to seeing all of your pictures before they get posted here!
Thanks so much Sarah!!
Another great update and another great sunset photo! Congrats on the apartment, super exciting! It sounds divine.

Festival of Fantasy is such a pretty parade, isn't it? Loved your photos.
Thank you! I just love that parade it was so nice to see it again!
Still following along. :flower: There is a special on Target's website for digital Starbucks gift cards so I bought some that I plan to tuck away for our trip in October. Love your reports and pictures... a little pixie dust to make the wait until our vacation a little more bearable. Thank you!
Thanks for following along and I hope to see you in October! Glad to help the wait go by a little easier for you!
Great news about your apartment. I have a quick question for you. We have been to WDW during Spring Break quite a few times, however, my kid's spring break were never on a week that included Easter. Well, next year it is. Is it crazier than a "normal" Spring break crowd? We are DVC members and on the charts the points are the same as they are during Christmas. Yikes!! Just wanted to get your perspective!! Thanks and have a great week.
It was VERY busy for both Spring Break and Easter. Wait times for the "big ticket" rides almost always exceeded 100 minutes and that was at all of the parks each day. I would highly recommend utilizing your Fast Pass + if you have to go during that time next year. These past couple of weeks here have been a lot slower and the wait times a lot more manageable. So if you can wait till the middle of April I would recommend that!
So exciting about your new apartment! Don't worry it won't be slow for long...I know lots of families heading there for our Spring Break in a week! We will be there soon too...I am hoping to get the Where am I mugs from Starbucks! My hubby travels a lot for work so I have them from all over the place. I'm hoping to add the WDW ones to my collection!
We have been much slower these past two weeks and it's been a nice little break! Our attendance levels are right around 30,000 guests which is a really manageable day for us!
Hi there Robin!! Congrats on getting the apartment :thumbsup2 So glad things are still going well for you! Seven months from tomorrow I'll be back down there saying hi again lol :banana:

Thanks Ariane! Hopefully the 7 months go quickly for you!!

Great update. Sounds like you are having a great time!! Thanks for the info on Easter. Unfortunately, I can't take my kids (16 and 13) out of school other than their scheduled spring break. But, being at Disney while its busy is still better than not being in Disney at all!!! Have a great weekend!!

Great update!!! Your day just walking around all the magic sounds just perfect!! Once again...I just love that you have so much time to spend there with no need to rush around.

Sounds like your time in the parks has been very fun! It is really nice you can take mini vacations in Disney World every week, how wonderful. Love your updates.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter