• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Friends and Family Discount

We have a "disney friend" who has one more reservation she is able to make for this year and we are the ones she is saving it for.

Can you check how much it would be for POR / standard view from Nov 29 to Dec 7th Room only...and how much for a dining plan if we were able to add one.

Thanks so much.

We have a "disney friend" who has one more reservation she is able to make for this year and we are the ones she is saving it for.

Can you check how much it would be for POR / standard view from Nov 29 to Dec 7th Room only...and how much for a dining plan if we were able to add one.

Thanks so much.

aarcher is here to help with questions and helpful tips, but she really can't look that information up for everyone. You should contact your friend and have her look up that information on The Hub. It takes about three minutes to do.

I know when I was planning my vacation, my Disney friend called me and we chatted on the phone while he looked up resorts on The Hub and the different price differentials for me.

Happy planning!

Thanks so much.

Right now you're looking at 40% off the room and a full price dining plan. I'm really glad to be able to help with information on what's available and how to go about getting it, but specific pricing and availability really needs to go through the CMs that are going to be booking it :) Deeper discounts for November will probably come out mid-October.

aarcher is here to help with questions and helpful tips, but she really can't look that information up for everyone. You should contact your friend and have her look up that information on The Hub. It takes about three minutes to do.

I know when I was planning my vacation, my Disney friend called me and we chatted on the phone while he looked up resorts on The Hub and the different price differentials for me.

Happy planning!

I am wondering if resort availability ever changes? When my family member booked my reservation, I was given a choice of about six resorts that were offering the CM discount. Without sounding ungrateful here (because I really am happy with the 40% discount for AKL!), several of my favorite resorts (Poly, WL, POFQ) were not choices at that time. So, I guess I'm just wondering if the resort availability ever changes? Assuming that availability does change, am I able to call and make the change or does my family member that booked the CM discount have to do that for me?

Many thanks!

I am wondering if resort availability ever changes? When my family member booked my reservation, I was given a choice of about six resorts that were offering the CM discount. Without sounding ungrateful here (because I really am happy with the 40% discount for AKL!), several of my favorite resorts (Poly, WL, POFQ) were not choices at that time. So, I guess I'm just wondering if the resort availability ever changes? Assuming that availability does change, am I able to call and make the change or does my family member that booked the CM discount have to do that for me?

Many thanks!

Availability does change - people cancel, change resorts, etc. If they allow for more CM discounts they usually open them up a bit closer to the actual stay. CM discounts are so deep they obviously don't want a ton of them in each resort :cutie:

You can call and check availability and/or make changes if you find something else you'd prefer. The CM just needs to do the initial booking.

I will say, IMO, they have widdled down the availability drastically this year (with broad offers as well).

Availability does change - people cancel, change resorts, etc. If they allow for more CM discounts they usually open them up a bit closer to the actual stay. CM discounts are so deep they obviously don't want a ton of them in each resort :cutie:

You can call and check availability and/or make changes if you find something else you'd prefer. The CM just needs to do the initial booking.

I will say, IMO, they have widdled down the availability drastically this year (with broad offers as well).

Thanks so much...I appreciate the information! :thumbsup2

Sorry if this has been asked earlier. Does the CM that makes the reservation for the friend, make a deposit also to hold the ressie?

Sorry if this has been asked earlier. Does the CM that makes the reservation for the friend, make a deposit also to hold the ressie?

I gave my friend my credit card for the deposit. You have to trust your friend enough to do that or you could send them cash or do a wire transfer like PayPal.

No,I called and made the reservation and had them hold it. My friend then called and made the deposit herself. the first cast member I had talked to told me I had to make the deposit, I knew this was not true since I had been doing it for years!! I just called back and got a cm that knew what they were doing

Could you please tell me which resorts are available for CM discounts for the week of 2/5 - 2/11 2014? I was hoping for AoA, but I know it's not available.
In only remember the suites at AoA and the Carribean.

We're also interested in the DDP, maybe the QSDP. Are any of these also available for CM discount? Our CM relative couldnt' get it last year for some reaso0n and we paid full price.

Our aunt will be getting us in again, but now that my baby is 4, we will have to buy an extra ticket for her since we're 4. Our aunt doesn't seem to be able to share the tickets with us and will only get us in the park when she gets off work at noon. But we'll take it.

Thanks!

Could you please tell me which resorts are available for CM discounts for the week of 2/5 - 2/11 2014? I was hoping for AoA, but I know it's not available.
In only remember the suites at AoA and the Carribean.

We're also interested in the DDP, maybe the QSDP. Are any of these also available for CM discount? Our CM relative couldnt' get it last year for some reaso0n and we paid full price.

Our aunt will be getting us in again, but now that my baby is 4, we will have to buy an extra ticket for her since we're 4. Our aunt doesn't seem to be able to share the tickets with us and will only get us in the park when she gets off work at noon. But we'll take it.

Thanks!

You really should have your aunt check the HUB for resorts and dates you want. She is the best one to do this for you. the dining discount is only offered certain times, not always offered. You would have to pay full price if the discount is not available.

You really should have your aunt check the HUB for resorts and dates you want. She is the best one to do this for you. the dining discount is only offered certain times, not always offered. You would have to pay full price if the discount is not available.

I agree...its just that i don't want to harass her and i want to know as much as possible before she calls. I was ok with going back to Pop, but my DH feels he wants to try a moderate resort, but if rather use the money for food or reserve a little mermaid room so that we have acres to the pools.

I agree...its just that i don't want to harass her and i want to know as much as possible before she calls. I was ok with going back to Pop, but my DH feels he wants to try a moderate resort, but if rather use the money for food or reserve a little mermaid room so that we have acres to the pools.

Don't take this the wrong way, but it will only take her a few minutes to see what is available for you. The help people have been getting on this thread can begin to border on too much information given by a cast member. The cast member who you have making the reservation should be the one checking for you. I do not have HUB access because I am now retired. I have to call cast reservations daily, sometimes several times a day, to get the information I need to book friends and family rates.

If your aunt is willing to make the reservation for you then she knows she has to check what is available for your dates. Good luck getting what you want and enjoy your trip.

Don't take this the wrong way, but it will only take her a few minutes to see what is available for you. The help people have been getting on this thread can begin to border on too much information given by a cast member. The cast member who you have making the reservation should be the one checking for you. I do not have HUB access because I am now retired. I have to call cast reservations daily, sometimes several times a day, to get the information I need to book friends and family rates.

If your aunt is willing to make the reservation for you then she knows she has to check what is available for your dates. Good luck getting what you want and enjoy your trip.

I'd like to mimic this. It's one thing to give semi-readily available basic information, but to actually get into reservation specifics is just asking a bit too much of anyone but the booking CM. I can understand not wanting to bug a relative, but on that same note, asking a complete stranger to take the same amount of time to do it doesn't make much sense either.

I've found emailing between the CM and family member is the method that feels the least harassing. Just shoot the CM an email with dates/resorts/DP that you'd like to check and they can get it to it without feeling rushed. There are currently no DDP discounts for 2014. Good luck and enjoy :)

Is this the first time the dining offer with F&F has been QSDP? We went in June 2012 with F&F discount and were able to purchase the regular DP at a discounted rate. I wonder if the QSDP is going to become the typical offering.

Is this the first time the dining offer with F&F has been QSDP? We went in June 2012 with F&F discount and were able to purchase the regular DP at a discounted rate. I wonder if the QSDP is going to become the typical offering.

It's been both the whole rest of the year. This latest is the only one that's been exclusively QSDP. It's also the first year they allowed full price DDP with a CM room though, so I think that's pretty great. At least it's not all or nothing anymore.

Yes! I was surprised to read your earlier comment that you can keep the 40% and buy the DP for full price. The offer comes out so close to your travel date that it can be nerve wracking to wonder if you'll get the DP. At least this way I can plan to pay for it and be delighted if I get a discount!

I have a room booked with the F&F. If I add the DP will I pay for it now or when I check in? I paid my room deposit already.

I have a room booked with the F&F. If I add the DP will I pay for it now or when I check in? I paid my room deposit already.

Pay for it when you check in. Your deposit may go up a little, I really don't remember. It is still considered a room only reservation to be paid in full at check in. I love that we can now add the dinning plan to reservations.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter