Free Double stroller swap ~ Swap Closed, stroller is gone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,
I would love to be added to the stroller swap for dates of December 12/21-30 2009. I will be at Animal Kingdom Villas. I can buy a new sunshade or something. Many thanks.
Darlene:grouphug:

Hi,
I would love to be added to the stroller swap for dates of December 12/21-30 2009. I will be at Animal Kingdom Villas. I can buy a new sunshade or something. Many thanks.
Darlene:grouphug:

I'll put you on the list. Please confirm your spot. :goodvibes

Thanks!
Mary

Thank you Mary!!!! I am so happy to be added to the list. I was just at disney world last week and did a stroller swap with the same style of stroller and it was wonderful. Looking forward to go back again for Christmas time.
~Darlene~:grouphug:

Just back late last nite--after midnight.

report on the stroller:

on the first day, the bell services at the poly told me that there was no double jogging stroller even though I had a ticket number from the previous person. I was freaking out. They gave me a double (front and back) peg perego stroller that was old and in poor condition. I kept telling my hubby "this is definately not it".

after going back and insisting the next day, they checked again. ( I didn't want to write on here that the stroller was lost on my watch) The stroller emerged. My hubby was happy because it was a much nicer stroller.

It seemed that the confusion was that a previous family had a label with their name on it.

the stroller was in good condition with no accompaniments (fan or rain cover) We used it a lot. it was very comfortable and my son was even eager to get in without a fight.

One of the tires might be slightly low on air.

Otherwise, all was good

Just back late last nite--after midnight.

report on the stroller:

on the first day, the bell services at the poly told me that there was no double jogging stroller even though I had a ticket number from the previous person. I was freaking out. They gave me a double (front and back) peg perego stroller that was old and in poor condition. I kept telling my hubby "this is definately not it".

after going back and insisting the next day, they checked again. ( I didn't want to write on here that the stroller was lost on my watch) The stroller emerged. My hubby was happy because it was a much nicer stroller.

It seemed that the confusion was that a previous family had a label with their name on it.

the stroller was in good condition with no accompaniments (fan or rain cover) We used it a lot. it was very comfortable and my son was even eager to get in without a fight.

One of the tires might be slightly low on air.

Otherwise, all was good

Thanks for the update!! :goodvibes I'm glad to hear the stroller is still in good condition. :thumbsup2

For the low tire (if the next swapper is reading) the stroller rental locations in the park might be able to pump it back up. If not a bike pump is what is used.

Hi. I´m leaving tomorrow:yay: I will take the stroller to the rental stroller location and try to pump it back up.

I will let you know as soon as I get back.

Lorena

I am going to drop out of the swap- we are going to try to go strollerless- :scared1: but my parents are going and we will be taking things much slower this trip. Thanks again!!

Kim

Would it be okay if I now have the stroller from December 20 instead of December 21 being that reservations4five is not doing the swap anymore. I would still need it until December 30.
Many thanks!!!!

I am going to drop out of the swap- we are going to try to go strollerless- :scared1: but my parents are going and we will be taking things much slower this trip. Thanks again!!

Kim

done

Would it be okay if I now have the stroller from December 20 instead of December 21 being that reservations4five is not doing the swap anymore. I would still need it until December 30.
Many thanks!!!!

and done ;)

Hey

I am staying at POP on Sept 8th-13th. I want to jin the swap for the dates of teh 8th-11th. I have a stroller it is just fallen out so I could use it for those days then use my other for the other days. Please letting me know what I need to do. Thanks

8/4 Update: Right now we need to fill Oct 24-30 & Dec 11-19 and we are solid on the swap through the late fall/winter months. :thumbsup2

7/16 Update: All accessories are MIA at this point. Please be aware that if the rain cover does not turn up that you will be responsible for covering the stroller during rain storms so it does not rust out. Ponchos are $8 for the adult size and that covers a double stroller very well.

If you are willing to donate a new rain cover please PM me and I can get you the info you need on where to send it.

7/3 Update: Please take note of the massive gaps in the late fall/early winter months. If those are not filled by the beginning of Sept, this is your fair warning that the swap will close after lilmissie and I'll be refunding Iluvmickeymouse! as the only paid swapper who didn't get to use the stroller. While I understand that those left w/o a stroller will be disappointed, there is no way I'm willing to leave at stroller at WDW w/o a caretaker for weeks on end. That is not fair to bell services nor is it fair to the swapper who may end up with a stroller that is trashed from being in storage or no stroller at all if it goes completely MIA.

Please remember to be extra careful of the wheels esp in the MK. And do not overload the stroller down with stuff on top or in the basket. We need this stroller to last a lot longer.

Replacing, overnighting the stroller and shipping the old one back exhausted all swap funds (and then some!) so we need someone to step up and donate a new sunshade if you want the big one for the summer months. Please make sure to secure all accessories when parking the stroller. While the extra sunshade isn't the end of the world, if the rain cover goes missing it's going to make for a very unpleasant summer and fall.

I'm thinking a large bag of zip ties and a small scissor might be the cheapest and easiest solution. Just zip tie the accessories to the stroller basket and cut off when you need them. Repeat as needed. Has to be cheaper than replacing stolen items.

Finally, we need to fill in our last remaining gaps for this swap. We have multiple open weeks in the late fall and winter months. Jan will be the last month of the swap and Tinkerbell423 our last swapper. If we do not fill those gaps this swap will close in Oct and lilmissie will be our last swapper. If they are willing they can pass along the stroller to whomever would have been next but strollers left for more than a week might go MIA and I will not be handling the swap at that point.

Please keep this thread updated to the condition of the stroller, esp the front wheel. If you do not do a face to face hand off with the next swapper, it would be great if you could include a little note with the stroller about any issues you found.

This is the stroller: Suburban Safari Double Jogging Stroller

The jogger takes up to 50lbs per seat. Please do not exceed that maximum. The stroller will be under enough stresses with day in and day out use.

**SUNSHADE IS GONE**
This is the sunshade: Kiddopotamus Rayshade UV Protective Double Stroller Shade for Twin Strollers & Joggers, Navy

**RAINCOVER IS MISSING**
This is the rain cover: Graco Double Jogging Stroller Rain Cover

**FAN IS MISSING**
This is the stroller fan, it takes 2 AA batteries, please bring your own set:
Sunshine Kids Clip On Stroller Fan

Current dates:

Feb
2/26-3/8 szubie1 Windsor Hills ~ DONE

Mar
3/8-14 2mtsa2ro ASM ~ DONE
3/15-21 muscarello4 POR ~ DONE
3/23-30 Jessica0796 AKL ~ DONE
3/30-4/4 Soon ASMo ~ DONE

Apr
4/4-8 bri911e offsite/SOG/SSR ~ DONE
4/9-18 Yomickey BC ~ DONE
4/19-27 Sherbear17890 OKW ~ DONE
4/28-5/7 Delmar411 SSR ~ DONE

May
5/7-14 lanand3 OKW ~ DONE
5/14-21 kaosweb ASMo ~ DONE
5/22-29 vargas17 POP ~ DONE
5/31-6/9 nurseintraining BCV ~ DONE

Jun
6/11-16 jrage001 POP ~ DONE
6/17-24 Scott R. Scherr POP ~ DONE
6/25-27 **OPEN**
6/28-7/12 DisneyMomx7 BC ~ DONE

Jul
7/12-18 CC12005 Hilton TS ~ DONE
7/20-24 tigger_mommy SSR ~ DONE
7/25-27 **OPEN**
7/28-8/4 Capemaymommy Poly ~ At WDW

Aug
8/6-11 ggatheringplanner SWAN ~ confirmed*
8/12-15 **OPEN**
8/16-23 SEPTBABIES02 ASMo ~ confirmed
8/24-27 pepper881 POP ~ confirmed
8/28-31 Nurse_Mommy4 POR ~ confirmed*

Sep
9/1-7 shruley POP ~ confirmed
9/8-11 **OPEN**
9/12-20 DVCTina AKV/SSR ~ confirmed
9/21-26 portsmouth35 POR ~ confirmed
9/27-10/2 Paytonsgrammy ASMo ~ confirmed

Oct
10/3-11 Amandamouseketeer POR ~ confirmed
10/12-17 suzyqqq27 BW/FtW ~ confirmed*
10/18-23 lilmissie WL ~ confirmed*
10/24-30 **OPEN**
10/30-11/4 Dreamer & Wisher CBR ~ confirmed*

Nov
11/5-7 **OPEN**
11/8-18 afeld111781 POP ~ confirmed*
11/19-21 **OPEN**
11/22-29 xosti ASM ~ confirmed*

Dec
12/1-10 Iluvmickeymouse! OKW ~ confirmed
12/11-19 **OPEN**
12/20-30 FLUFFYCAT AKV ~ confirmed*
12/31-1/7 delmar411 AKL ~ confirmed

Jan
1/8-15 mouselovr ~ confirmed*
1/16-23 tinkerbell423 offsite ~ confirmed*
1/24 **SWAP CLOSED**

Waitlist
11/29-12/5 got2luvtink

Hey

I am staying at POP on Sept 8th-13th. I want to jin the swap for the dates of teh 8th-11th. I have a stroller it is just fallen out so I could use it for those days then use my other for the other days. Please letting me know what I need to do. Thanks

I replied to your PM. Please confirm your spot. Thanks!

Thanks! I want to confirm my spot. I am staying at Pop sept 8th-13th and will return the stroller on the 11th to the person in need. If there is any info needed let me know!

I tried to contact DVCTina to figure out how I can get the stroller to her. It told me she was not a member so I could not email her? Is there another way to contact her?

I tried to contact DVCTina to figure out how I can get the stroller to her. It told me she was not a member so I could not email her? Is there another way to contact her?

Hi Nathalia, I received your pm. :) I just sent you a message.

Tina

I'm requesting Oct 24-29 for the stroller swap...don't worry, I'm not a new dis'er. The PM will give you my real login, but I'm trying to do a surprise trip and my spouse will see the posts if I do it from that login!

I'm requesting Oct 24-29 for the stroller swap...don't worry, I'm not a new dis'er. The PM will give you my real login, but I'm trying to do a surprise trip and my spouse will see the posts if I do it from that login!

:ssst: My lips are sealed.

Just make sure to contact the swappers on either side of you with your contact info.

Thanks!

Sure thing! Do you need any additional information? I'm getting closer to 10 posts so that I can actually PM you with information if you need it.

Sure thing! Do you need any additional information? I'm getting closer to 10 posts so that I can actually PM you with information if you need it.

Once you get to 10posts I'll need your resort staying at for the list and your real info including real Dis name. But that's it and only the resort is something I post here in the thread.

Other than that you're good to go! :goodvibes

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter