Free Dining Watch 2009 - Dates Released!! Update post 1

I've seen it advertised that you can upgrade your dining package and get a discount. Does anyone know what that discount is? I don't have the disney visa so I'll have to book when it's released to the public but I'm very curious what the discount is so I can do my math today ...

Thanks !

I've seen it advertised that you can upgrade your dining package and get a discount. Does anyone know what that discount is? I don't have the disney visa so I'll have to book when it's released to the public but I'm very curious what the discount is so I can do my math today ...

Thanks !

You can upgrade for the difference in cost between the regular dining plan and the deluxe plan. I believe the difference is $32. Therefore, you can upgrade to deluxe for $32 per person, per night. It is not really upgrading at a "discount", since you are just paying the difference in price.
I upgraded last year during free dining. I won't do it again; it ended up being too much food for us and we had lots of snack credits left over that we used to buy rice krispy treats etc. to take home with us. Another problem with upgrading to the deluxe plan is that you have so many table service credits. You have to pay tips on all table service credits so we ended up paying a lot more $$ out of pocket than we would if we'd only had the regular dining plan (since with the regular plan, you have some counter service meals that don't require a tip).

I emailed my TA and she's gonna be ready to go on Monday to get FD for me. She asked me for a backup plan in case we couldn't get the ASMu family suite. Is there a huge chance that they will be sold out by then? Or do they not offer FD for those rooms? I emailed her, but I'm still waiting on a reply.

I emailed my TA and she's gonna be ready to go on Monday to get FD for me. She asked me for a backup plan in case we couldn't get the ASMu family suite. Is there a huge chance that they will be sold out by then? Or do they not offer FD for those rooms? I emailed her, but I'm still waiting on a reply.
There's a very good chance they will be booked up by Monday. There are only 192 family suites at All-Star Music, so they book up fast. Last year was the first year they were offered during the Free Dining promo. We are a family of 6 and we always just get two connecting rooms at All-Star Movies or Pop.

Ahhh I wish it was monday so I knew we had free dining book 100percent!! I'm so impatient!! Hahaim making the boyfriend spend this weekend looking at dining options and we got the planning video too woooo!

can I phone today and book my hotel rooms so I know for sure I get the location I want and then call on Monday to add free dining?

can I phone today and book my hotel rooms so I know for sure I get the location I want and then call on Monday to add free dining?
Let's say you call today and book a Pop Standard vacation package. When you call back on Monday, if the free dining rooms that have been alloted to Pop Standard rooms are sold out, you still won't get free dining on your previously reserved room. If the Pop standards have not sold out they will just apply the code to your room. (I'm just using Pop as an example because it usually sells out first, followed by All-Star Movies and Port Orleans Riverside.)

I am so impatient, just look under my avatar!! Monday can not come soon enough. My TA has taken my ressie # home with her and the Disney Reservations phone # with her this weekend to call @ 7:00 am Monday for me! I am so excited it is finally here and I'll be able to give my DD the 10th Birthday Party of her dreams!!!

I've always wondered .... I know its possible to get free dining extended past the offered dates as long as your trip started during the free dining period. Does anyone know if this is true for trips where your trip starts before the first free dining date and some of the dates fall in the free dining period? Thanks!

I can't figure out which thread it was, but several people are reporting that their trips start before 10/3 and continue into October, and they got free dining for the whole thing.

:wizard:

Thanks that would be great seeing how the flight after the 3rd is alot cheaper!!! Can't wait for Monday!

I finally got my confirmation email after calling and talking to three different people. Turned out they never put the request in for the confirmation email. Everything looks good. I see the RYI code at the top of the page etc.
One question - Under details where it tells you the type of park admission pass etc, it has three line items for the Quick Service Meal, Snack, and TS Meal. BUT - it says 1 PER PERSON. I would really think it would say unstead of 1, the number of nights you are staying on property?
Did everyone else have it listed as 1 PER PERSON.... Just like the hotel will have the number of nights listed like 4 NIGHTS....

Thanks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter