Free Dining Watch 2009 - Dates Released!! Update post 1

FDP AFTER 10/3? Anyone know? We're going 10/7-10/12. Would really like to know before we book ressies. IF I book ressies now, with paid DP, can I change later if FDP becomes available? :confused3 Thanks!!

FDP AFTER 10/3? Anyone know? We're going 10/7-10/12. Would really like to know before we book ressies. IF I book ressies now, with paid DP, can I change later if FDP becomes available? :confused3 Thanks!!

Only chance of that, showing from the past years, is if you have a Disney Visa or you get a pin code. Not if you want a general public thing.

And yes, you should be able to change your reservation later if it somehow gets extended.

Thanks Zero! I have a Disney Visa. Better hope for a code from them, huh? :confused3

Can you change the dates of your trip to start on 10/3? As long as you are there on 10/3 you can still get the FDP for the remainder of your trip.

Can you change the dates of your trip to start on 10/3? As long as you are there on 10/3 you can still get the FDP for the remainder of your trip.
Yes, you've always been able to check in on the last day of the free dining promotion and receive the discount for your entire stay - up to 14 days.

Based on what my travel agent informed me, the free Disney Dining Package is only thru October 3. She said that it will not be extended this year and 10-3 is when we needed to end our trip. I hope she is correct, I really wanted to travel later, but the savings now is great. We are going 9/23 thru 9/28. I guess I can make my adr's on June 23rd.......Hopefully I can get the restuarants that I want. :hippie:

Based on what my travel agent informed me, the free Disney Dining Package is only thru October 3. She said that it will not be extended this year and 10-3 is when we needed to end our trip. I hope she is correct, I really wanted to travel later, but the savings now is great. We are going 9/23 thru 9/28. I guess I can make my adr's on June 23rd.......Hopefully I can get the restuarants that I want. :hippie:

Your travel agent was misinformed. It's the last day you can start your trip. Therefore, you could go down on October 3rd and check in, and then stay for a week, and it would all be free dining - can you still change your dates, if you want to?

Since the 2005, when WDW first introduced the Free Dining promo, you have been able to check in on the last day of the offer and receive the free dining discount for your entire stay, up to 14 days. So technically you could check in on October 3 and have the free dining discount through October 17. As for the free dining offer being "extended." It wasn't extended last year either. There were people who received the select free dining email pin codes for last fall and early winter and then Disney Visa offered those same select dates to their card holders, but that was it. There was no free dining offer for the general public past the first of October last year.

Your post:
'There were people who received the select free dining email pin codes for last fall and early winter and then Disney Visa offered those same select dates to their card holders, but that was it.'

What is 'early winter'?. Does it extend through the first 2 or 3 weeks of December?

Since I have a Disney Visa card I was interested in 'late fall early winter' and the free dining being offered to Disney Visa holders.

We plan to visit WDW in early 12/2010. The Disney Dining Plan will be part of our trip, but 'free' dining would be better.

Your post:
'There were people who received the select free dining email pin codes for last fall and early winter and then Disney Visa offered those same select dates to their card holders, but that was it.'

What is 'early winter'?. Does it extend through the first 2 or 3 weeks of December?

Since I have a Disney Visa card I was interested in 'late fall early winter' and the free dining being offered to Disney Visa holders.

We plan to visit WDW in early 12/2010. The Disney Dining Plan will be part of our trip, but 'free' dining would be better.
There's been no announcement of any Disney Visa Free Dining offers for late fall early winter this year. Last year's dates were December 14 - 21, 2008.

Thank you for the info. This is the first time I've heard of the DDP being offered free in December. Now we can dream of free meals, even if it doesn't happen.

Thank you for the 'welcome to the Disboards' and quick response to my questions.
I've just emailed my sister about the possibility of free dining. We have been discussing our 2010 trip for a few months now and this was one question we had not asked someone 'in the know'.
Again, thank you!

You need to check one of the PS Calculator sites to get the exact date you can make your ADR's. 3 months and 90 days are not the same thing. For example, your trip begins 9/23, so 90 days prior may be 6/24 or 6/22. Check on it, so you make sure you're calling on the right day, so you don't miss out on ADR's you want. ;)

We just got our Free Dining Advertisement for December. Emailed DreamsUnlimited and they got it applied to our existing reservation WOO and HOO!

The dates on the advertisement are 8/23/09-10/1/09 and 11/29/09-12/17/09

We just got our Free Dining Advertisement for December. Emailed DreamsUnlimited and they got it applied to our existing reservation WOO and HOO!

Just out of curiosity, is it the regular dining plan at value resorts, or just quick service????

Was it a pin code? Did you get it by e-mail?

It was a pin code, I don't know if it was because of our Disney Visa or not, though we do have one and it was the regular dining plan!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter