• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Free Dining Plan

She told me a lot of people were asking the same question and they were told they weren't going to have it

I wouldn't lose too much sleep over this right now. I called 2 weeks ago and was told the opposite. That yes it's coming and to make sure I keep my ears and eyes open for early April. Remember, if you ask 10 CMs a question, most likely you'll get 10 different answers. I also read that CMs dining blackout is already listed for Aug/Sep. They blacked-out the CM dining discount to discourage them from using restraurants during this time to free up space for the free ddp folks (of course I only read this in another thread, I can not vertify this is true).

Subscribing, even though I have no chance at all for free DDP...we are going in May, and it would take an act of God or a force of nature (or both) to change our vacation dates for both DH and me :lmao: Our jobs are not very flexible about that. I think our vacation request dates were carved in stone tablets and brought down off a mountain somewhere...

If it makes anyone feel any better at all:
~I am paying rack rate for my room, even though I'm a AAA member, because I went through a travel agent that was highly recommended.
~I didn't get any 40% discount offered to me because I've never been to WDW before -- even though I've paid a ton of money at DL over the years.
~I am paying full price for the DDP -- and still consider it a wonderful bargain. I know the cost of food when we visit DL is ridiculous.
~I bit the bullet and paid an outrageous amount for our plane tickets, because I was afraid the price would go up -- and right after I paid for them, the next day, I could have saved $200. Too late, though.
~I've never, ever been to WDW, but since my DH had a limited amount of time he could take off work, I am only going to be there 5 1/2 days.

And you know what? I am sooooooo happy and feel sooooooo lucky that I'm finally getting to go to WDW!!! I am having so much fun planning this trip, and I just know it's going to be a fabulous vacation -- and I am going to wring every last drop of fun and magic out of every single second! :wizard: :love: :cloud9:

*doin' the happy dance now*

I am crossing my fingers that Disney does Free Dining again this year. If they do, we'll be going in September, if they don't, we probably won't get to do Disney year :( GO FREE DINING!

I also read that CMs dining blackout is already listed for Aug/Sep. They blacked-out the CM dining discount to discourage them from using restraurants during this time to free up space for the free ddp folks (of course I only read this in another thread, I can not vertify this is true).

yes, but that means little seeing that free dinging has been offered in two seperate occasions already.

Any cast members on here know if we can book a room at our discounted price and still receive DDP?

Any cast members on here know if we can book a room at our discounted price and still receive DDP?

Or how I can get some kind of discount on my full rack rate room that I already paid for?

Hey...it is the Year of a Million Dreams -- girl's gotta try, ya know? :rotfl2:

not sure if it means anything, but the seemingly knowledgable and experienced CM I talked to yesterday said they generally do promotions like the free dining for 2 years at a shot, then move onto something else.
I will check every few weeks anyway.

Well, they've already done free dining for three now (2005, 2006, 2007) so I don't know if the two years rule is very reliable.

hmm... :rolleyes1 I wonder how many people has cancelled their trip from the pilot-programm the did for UK and those staying on site. I'd like to see something like that happen for Canadians (lol).:banana: Well it would be a supercalifragilistic thing if Disney offer free dining NEXT MONTH. It will be perfect for ADR:)

Judging by the other boards the brits have booked out Pop, so it might be a mod and deluxe only free dining offer this time. Wonder if that would put many off.

Judging by the other boards the brits have booked out Pop, so it might be a mod and deluxe only free dining offer this time. Wonder if that would put many off.

what month are you talking about? i will be there in august and have also been hoping for free dinning.

Or how I can get some kind of discount on my full rack rate room that I already paid for?

Hey...it is the Year of a Million Dreams -- girl's gotta try, ya know? :rotfl2:

There are highly recommended AAA travel agents who can book your trip and get you the discount... you don't even have to use up one of your million dreams!

I think a lot of folks would appreciate a link to that rumor. If you don't know how to do it, just type the URL in.

Even if true, however, POP is only half the picture. You still have the All-Stars.

I have heard that both the UK promotion and the "Bounce Back" promotion went very, very well, but it seems to me that there's still room for another round of free dining for the general public.

There are highly recommended AAA travel agents who can book your trip and get you the discount... you don't even have to use up one of your million dreams!

They really should have a smilie of me pulling out my hair :laughing: :p :crazy2: :badpc: I'm so confused by all these scenarios!

OK, if I am understanding this correctly, I could join AAA and get one of these highly recommended travel agents to book my trip BUT that means I can't participate in the DDP because I am not paying rack rate. So, the way I figure it, whatever discount I get will be eaten up (pardon the pun :) ) in higher food costs.

Please somebody set me straight on this if I'm wrong. :upsidedow

They really should have a smilie of me pulling out my hair :laughing: :p :crazy2: :badpc: I'm so confused by all these scenarios!

OK, if I am understanding this correctly, I could join AAA and get one of these highly recommended travel agents to book my trip BUT that means I can't participate in the DDP because I am not paying rack rate. So, the way I figure it, whatever discount I get will be eaten up (pardon the pun :) ) in higher food costs.

The only way to get the AAA room discount and the DDP is to book through that wonderful highly recommended AAA travel agent. If you try to book directly through Disney you can't do both.

Okay, I will. I don't believe you're understanding this correctly.

In the past, whether with free dining or paid DDP, there have been two ways to get it. Both involved at least a one day base park ticket and DDP for everyone in the room for the entire duration of the stay. The only difference was the room rate.

You could EITHER pay rack rate...OR...make your travel arrangements through a AAA travel agent at the AAA room rate. In other words, you could NOT book at rack, and then show up with an AAA card and expect to get both a reduction and DDP. Put another way, the only way to get DDP with a discounted room (until the recent 40% off promotion) was to book through an AAA travel agent.

I just booked a room at Pop for 9/13-9/23 just a few days ago and had no problem doing it. So, I guess it can't be completly booked.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter