• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Free Dining Plan

farmmy

Earning My Ears
Any news on free dining for Aug - Sept. 2007 for US residents. Man I love free stuff:cool1:

Haven't heard any news on it yet, but I have my fingers crossed. Hope it comes out soon I found some good airfare. HURRY DISNEY;)

We just booked a trip for the end of September with Dining. I'm hoping free dining comes out this year again, so I can get some money back and switch my hotel from Caribbean Beach Resort to the Wilderness Lodge!! THIS IS MY PLAN! :goodvibes

I just booked September 6-11 for my DD and I but I have never used the DP. Do you have to book with pkg and then you can get credit if they offer free dining and is the DP worth it? We never use it. When do the codes usually come out for Sept? And also does it matter if I booked thru member services for my ressie because it is DVC. Do they get the discount? Sorry I am a little confused. :cheer2:

And also does it matter if I booked thru member services for my ressie because it is DVC. Do they get the discount? Sorry I am a little confused. :cheer2:

DVC has never been eligible for free DDP. DDP is available to DVC members for a fee. Info is available on the member site.

My understanding is, in years past, in order to get free DDP you must book a room at rack rate (no discount) through CRO & purchase at least a 1 day tix per person in your party.

In 2005 it was announced in May.

In 2006, it was announced in April.

You've got a little while to wait.

I just booked my WDW trip for Sept. and the travel rep that I dealt with stated that Walt Disney normally announces that in April. So Im waiting for the announcement myself. WDW has done the free dinning pkg the past 2 years that I am aware of and Im hoping that they do it again this year. Time will tell.

The nurse at my doctor's office told me today that when they just booked their Aug. 18th vacation with the DDP for $4500, the CRO rep told her to check this spring for free DDP (claiming it was definitely being offered) and their price would change to $2800 (This was for 7 people, 2 rooms at ASMo, 7 day base tickets).

I'm not booking until the promo comes out. By not booking, I hope I am contributing to Disney being behind in bookings and thus more likely to want to run the promotion.

I'm not booking until the promo comes out. By not booking, I hope I am contributing to Disney being behind in bookings and thus more likely to want to run the promotion.
I haven't seen the actual rumor...but I've heard a rumor of a rumor (this is starting to sound like "Where will they build the next DVC resort?":rotfl2: ) that makes your strategy sound very sensible.

Supposedly Disney did so well with their UK promotion and the Bounce Back promotion that their bookings are WAY up. I have no idea if that's true, or if it would be enough to make them not do free dining...but as I said, it is a rumor of a rumor.

We don't go in August/September, but for the sake of those of you who do, I hope the free dining plan makes another appearance. There's no question it was a huge win for Disney last year.

My understanding is, in years past, in order to get free DDP you must book a room at rack rate (no discount) through CRO & purchase at least a 1 day tix per person in your party.

do you know if it can be booked thru AAA? I already have a package w/ AAA, and am hoping free dining happens - it'll take our $3600 package down to $2500!

I agree!! EVERYONE quit booking your trips!!! After I book the free dining special I will post and let everyone else know!!!!LOL !!! :banana:

If you have a trip booked already you will have to cancel and rebook as a completely new trip....It wont make a difference if you have a ressie already....they set back only so many rooms for the special at each resort and thats it!!
"BICKER" back me up on this!!!

do you know if it can be booked thru AAA? I already have a package w/ AAA, and am hoping free dining happens - it'll take our $3600 package down to $2500!

Last year it was either free dining or some discount on the room, because they came out with that too. It worked out better to get the free dining, but you couldn't use both. (Believe me, I tried!)

As I understand it, last year you could get free dining if you booked it as a package, through an AAA travel agent, and met all the other requirements.

In other words, yes, you could get an AAA room discount if you met all the other criteria...but only if you booked directly through AAA.

It is true that having an existing reservation provides you no advantage with regard to getting free dining if and when it is offered, so unless you're going to use your reservation regardless of whether you get free dining, there is no sense in booking it until free dining is offered.

It is true that having an existing reservation provides you no advantage with regard to getting free dining if and when it is offered, so unless you're going to use your reservation regardless of whether you get free dining, there is no sense in booking it until free dining is offered.

I was told by my AAA agent that they could modify our existing reservation if free dining comes out. Is that not true? I really want the room I have booked already(WL woods view) and would hate to lose it in order to get the DDP for free(I would, of course but wouldn't like it). IF what the agent told me is correct AND you want a certain resort/room category then it is in your best interest to book and then modify. Right? Somebody feel free to correct me on this if I'm wrong because I want the right info. Thanks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter