• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

FREE DINING OFFER - BOOK BY 8/27 FOR 8/28 - 9/24 (Upgrade costs in post 1)

Unless they have changed something with the computer system (and I don't believe this is one of the changes they have made) if you switch your resort now, after the dining offer has expired, you will lose your free dining.

Unless they have changed something with the computer system (and I don't believe this is one of the changes they have made) if you switch your resort now, after the dining offer has expired, you will lose your free dining.

Thanks, I figured as much. I'll just wait and hope for another free dining offer hopefully for the end of August. If it doesn't become available then I still get to spend 10 nights at POFQ with free dining!:)

Ok, this might be a dumb question, but I'm gonna ask anyway. If I get a code for free dining, and have a trip booked with DVC points and have to purchase park tickets, can I get the free dining? I'm so confused! :)

Ok, this might be a dumb question, but I'm gonna ask anyway. If I get a code for free dining, and have a trip booked with DVC points and have to purchase park tickets, can I get the free dining? I'm so confused! :)

You can only get free dining on a cash package for full rack rate for the room....so no.

It has been a long time since I have been on here. Our last trips were Sept 2005(first time free dining was offered-that was so cool and the best year for free dining!!) and then again in Aug/Sept 2008.(the dining plan was not as good, but can't complain, it was still free dining!) There used to be a thread that watched for free codes or free dining. Is there an actually a sticky or thread that is ongoing for this?

I asked on another thread (for some reason this forum was not letting me access it a few minutes ago), but has WDW had free dining in December in the past? If so, when was it offered?

My aunt and mother are planning a trip this December, but since my aunt is disabled and requires a special room they are going to book now and hopefully add free dining later. I told them I would ask what dates they should book!

Thanks!

Hi,

We're travelling from the UK in September and have received a QDP with our booking. We want to upgrade to DDP. Do we do it now through our agent or can we do it when we arrive at the hotel?

I'm not 100% sure our agent would be very accomodating.

Thanks.

Hi,

We're travelling from the UK in September and have received a QDP with our booking. We want to upgrade to DDP. Do we do it now through our agent or can we do it when we arrive at the hotel?

I'm not 100% sure our agent would be very accomodating.

Thanks.

It's my understanding that you have to do it before you arrive. You could call Disney reservations and ask them just to be sure.

The rates and codes forum is on the Resorts board.

Sorry, but you must do your DDP upgrade through your travel agent. You cannot do it at check-in; all changes to your package have to be made no later than 3 days before arrival. I would also suggest that you not call Disney and try to do it yourself (especially not on an international call). Because you booked through a travel agent, Disney will consider the travel agent the holder of the reservation, not the customer, and all changes will need to be made through the travel agent.

Anyone remember what the dates were for free dining this August. I am thinking of changing our dates but don't want to loose my free dining.

As for the person that asked aobut changing resorts, YES you can. I did it a few weeks ago. As long as the resort that you want still have rooms tha twere available for the free dining, you can change. As a matter of fact you can pretty much change anything on your reservation including the people. I've done it in the past.

August 13th

Thank you!

Anyone remember what the dates were for free dining this August. I am thinking of changing our dates but don't want to loose my free dining.

As for the person that asked aobut changing resorts, YES you can. I did it a few weeks ago. As long as the resort that you want still have rooms tha twere available for the free dining, you can change. As a matter of fact you can pretty much change anything on your reservation including the people. I've done it in the past.

http://www.mousesavers.com/historicalwdwdiscounts.html if you're talking about the version of FD that had to be booked by last December 20 for this year, the days available for FD were 8/19-9/29/2011. This version offered regular dining for mods & deluxe and QSDP for value resorts.

8/13 is the last day for FD on the current pin code offer (which is for QSDP at both values & mods)

Has there ever been free dining in July or November (Thanksgiving week)?

I asked on another thread (for some reason this forum was not letting me access it a few minutes ago), but has WDW had free dining in December in the past? If so, when was it offered?

My aunt and mother are planning a trip this December, but since my aunt is disabled and requires a special room they are going to book now and hopefully add free dining later. I told them I would ask what dates they should book!

Thanks!

This was the offer that came out in July of 2010 (hopefully they will repeat this offer for 2011:lovestruc). The dates not listed were black out dates - you had to check-in on one of the dates listed below....

Free Dining:
Aug. 15 – Oct. 7, 2010
Oct. 22 – Oct. 28, 2010
Nov. 12 – Nov. 18, 2010
Nov. 27 – Dec. 2, 2010
Dec. 10 – Dec. 21, 2010

Please note that in order to qualify for the free dining offer, your must check in during one of the available dates above. Your stay can extend into a black out period, you will still receive the free dining for your entire stay.

Has there ever been free dining in July or November (Thanksgiving week)?

July is considered peak season so they have never offered free dining for the general public. You may be lucky and get a pin code but there is no certain way to get one of those.
Free dining in November has been offered for the last 3 years. In 2010 it was offered on the following dates:

Aug. 15 – Oct. 7, 2010
Oct. 22 – Oct. 28, 2010
Nov. 12 – Nov. 18, 2010
Nov. 27 – Dec. 2, 2010
Dec. 10 – Dec. 21, 2010

You had to check-in on one of those dates.:cheer2:

Does anyone out there believe that disney has stopped the free dining plan for fall?
I'm used to going in late September and Disney usually runs the free dining promo by now.

There is no way to currently know the odds of whether Disney will or will not offer a general public free dining offer for any future dates in 2011.

Last year, the GP free dining for August/September was not released until the first week of May, if that lends any perspective.

Disney already offered free dining to the general public through September 29, 2011, but you had to book before December 20, 2010. Whether or not there will be another offer for that time will most likely depend on whether they have a lot of rooms left to fill.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter