• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

FREE DINING OFFER - BOOK BY 8/27 FOR 8/28 - 9/24 (Upgrade costs in post 1)

When are October free dining dates usually announced? I thought I had seen them already for some reason :confused3

Hi all~

I have not seen this posted yet, so I hope it's not a repeat.

We just booked a Feb trip with free dining, and while choosing the restaurants, we noticed that as of March 2011, Le Cellier will now count as 2 dinner credits, instead of 1. :( Lunch will still be 1 dinner credit.

They must truly be an outstanding restaurant. We were unable to book a dinner for the week we will be there, they were 100% full.

Apparently Le Cellier dinner is not in the online system after March 1. If you try to book it online, you will get a no availability notice. You must call for this reservation at this time.

With a trip in February, it is not surprising that you can't get Le Cellier dinner if you are just trying to book now. Many are finding it booked at their 180 day mark (guests making reservations at 180 + 10 have snagged all the dinner spots). Besides being popular, Le Cellier is a very small restaurant.

It's suggested that you try walking up when they open for either lunch or dinner. I was there in September for lunch and found it was NOT full.

We are going late Feb. during the dates for free dining. I have started the research for the premium plan or platinum. Can we get free dining and upgrade for just one nite? Can we get free dining if we just book 1 nite or must we do a minimum? Also we have AP's, do we have to buy park tickets or are we still exmept?

We are going late Feb. during the dates for free dining. I have started the research for the premium plan or platinum. Can we get free dining and upgrade for just one nite? Can we get free dining if we just book 1 nite or must we do a minimum? Also we have AP's, do we have to buy park tickets or are we still exmept?

You cannot upgrade free dining to premium or platinum. They are separate programs from the Disney dining plans. You also cannot get premium or platinum on a ticketless package for AP holders. To do what you are thinking of (1 day premium or platinum followed by free dining) you would have to have two separate room reservations - one with premium/platinum and another with free dining - and buy park tickets on both (minimum 1 day ticket for premium/platinum, minimum 2 day tickets for free dining).

AP holders are not exempt from ticket purchase on either a premium/platinum package or free dining. The exemption applies only to packages where you pay for a Disney dining plan.

Premium/platinum packages are also not available to DVC members staying on points (whereas the dining plans are).

There's also a minimum stay for free dining of 3 nights.

Do I need to wait until July (since that's when they typically announce Oct. free dining) or can I book and pay in full in March or April and then add free dining onto the package when the dates are announced (providing I'm in one of the dates)

You can book now and hope for free dining later. If you already have a package booked they may just be able to apply the discount if it is available for your resort on the dates you want.

Already having a package will NOT give you an advantage for booking free dining. The free dining package must still be available for your resort and your dates at the time you call to have it added. If it's already booked up you won't be able to add it to your reservation.

For the life of me I cant get this math to work.

We are taking my sister and her family this year for the first time. We are trying to figure out the best option for the most value...we want Disney dining option..not qs..but the moderate one..we are trying to figure out what the best value would be:

Value Resort with QS Dining + upgrade
Moderate Resort with Free Dining

Plus, now they are thinking of going Deluxe Dining..so would it be cheaper to upgrade to deluxe dining by booking a value..a moderate or deluxe..

We are a family of 4 adults (2 adults 2 children but the age makes them adults)
They are a family of 3 adults and one 2 year old.

Oy..the numbers are making my head spin. Just when I think I got it figured out someone throws another number in and screws me all up.

The free dining offer had to be booked by 12/20, so I'd assume you are now looking at either a PIN offer or waiting for a new general public offer to emerge.

i have some numbers to throw at ya...

right now i have 3 adults at the POP with free dining + upgrade to basic.. 6 nights.. day base tix. How much for one more adult....i get $1609.47 for the 3 of us and rounding up $400 for the 4th person. Am i close or correct. If 4th person decides to go i will definitely call WDW to get absolute final price, but was hoping for a second opinion on my numbers. the $1609.47 is confirmed price on ressie.

All you would pay is for a ticket for the fourth adult, plus the extra adult charge at the resort (I think it's $10 per night at Pop), plus the per night upgrade cost for the dining for the fourth adult. Without knowing the length and cost of the tickets you bought, can't even guess. Would also have to know if your trip is during peak to get the cost of the upgrade.

hi sorry, lost my post as usual...

we have 4 day base tickets and are checking in on September 23rd.

Hello all.

I am sure this is somewhere and I just can not find it. Is there a place for pricing for just the dining plans? I have already booked my vacation, but did not include any dining plans. I am now reconsidering this and may want to add a dining plan onto my reservation. I have looked at the brochure and can't find pricing. I would like pricing for all the dining plans so I can make an informed decision. It is confusing, but I am determined to make this vacation as stress free as possible. Thanks.

Allyson

I booked a trip for my dd and I on the free dining plan. Now my cousins son wants to come with us. Can I add him to our reservation and still get free dining for him?

For the life of me I cant get this math to work. (this scenario is assuming that they offer the same dining plan in october that they did this last go around)

We are taking my sister and her family this year for the first time. We are trying to figure out the best option for the most value...we want Disney dining option..not qs..but the moderate one..we are trying to figure out what the best value would be:

Value Resort with QS Dining + upgrade
Moderate Resort with Free Dining

Plus, now they are thinking of going Deluxe Dining..so would it be cheaper to upgrade to deluxe dining by booking a value..a moderate or deluxe..

We are a family of 4 adults (2 adults 2 children but the age makes them adults)
They are a family of 3 adults and one 2 year old.

Oy..the numbers are making my head spin. Just when I think I got it figured out someone throws another number in and screws me all up.

I miss on the free dinning offer, but i jump on the late summer plan and added the Dex Dinning plan to it, so i think it came out about thed same. I decided late that i wanted the Dx in stead of the basic and on top of that I wanted to stay at POP. I would of stay at POR with the free dinning plan, wich would not of been bad:cool1: but i so love POP:banana: and i just can not seem to get away from there:rotfl2:. So this way I get my cake and eat it to:cool1:. POP and Dx dinning plan,now how to eat all that food thank goodness i have untll Oct to go, have to get my self into eatting shape!

Okay.....I did get to take advantage of the free dining offer before it expired in Dec and have myself booked at POFQ. However, now I am considering a change of resort to POR. Am I correct in assuming that I would lose my free dining if I did this switch?

I may just hang on and see if free dining will be offered again. Any news on that?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter