Free Dining Oct-Dec Is Here!! Dates Confirmed!!! ~ Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you have an existing reservation at an eligible resort and you have already added a dinning plan, are you able to modify your reservation to take advantage of the free dining plan?

Yes as long as there is still availability for the free dining promotion at that resort. There are only a certain # of rooms allocated to the deal so just because you already have a ressie there doesn't necessarily mean you will be able to apply FD. But if there is availability they will just modify your existing reservation.

I'm so upset by not getting POR that I couldn't sleep at all. I really hope they open up more rooms or we will be staying off site. I really wanted to stay onsite. If anyone sees any rooms for November 17-26 let me know! We will have 5 plus one under 3. Thanks.

I'm so sorry you didn't get what you wanted. :( We're a family of 5 but for now we have a 1 year old... but in a couple of years we'll be forced offsite too. Just keep checking and I really hope that something opens up for your family! :)

Keep trying! I got a standard POR room yesterday early evening for Nov 17-23. I guess its all about pushing the button at the right time....

Ha! You snuck in there and got my exact dates, huh?
Well, at least it gives me hope...

So as we awake on this much less crazy morning, how does everyone feel about their vacation at this point?

After this week-long ordeal that seemed to last an eternity, did anyone learn anything valuable that they'll remember for the next time? Something that you should or should not have done?

I've learned to never anticipate, rely, or at this point expect the Disney Visa early booking perk. Last night, while chatting, I was looking down my blog and came upon the free dining posts from 2010. The "leak" date was May 3 and I had posted the DV should be available "on or around May 1" (I like that phrasing better looking back). While the May 3rd date was correct as leaked, the DV actually dropped on April 29...it came early. This was before there was really any kind of rhyme or reason for the DV date in relation to the GP date.

So after looking back at that, I realized that it's twice the DV has become quite unreliable, and now not always even offered at all. Of course, there were no complaints that it came early, as bookings went very smooth and calm as word slowly got out, everyone got what they wanted, and everyone was happy.

What have you learned? :confused3

Luckily I was able to get thru this morning to cancel my original reservation. The CM was surprised I was even able to book a FD package online yesterday with how crazy the system was. Phew, glad that is all over and done with.

Posted from DISboards.com App for Android

I am still waiting to hear back from our ta. I called and got through yesterday but the cm I talked too said he couldn't book without canceling the other reservation. Since we are traveling with 2 other families that are first timers I felt really stuck.

I am really hoping I hear something today from our agent. The cm ran the quotes so I know at a minimum we would have saved $400! I am not sure what I will do if she is unable to apply the discount, except I know I will not be using an agent again. :(

My TA says both of my rooms have been changed to CSR FD....MDE for one showed the change, but the other still shows original reservation.

Should I be concerned?

I am still waiting to hear back from our ta. I called and got through yesterday but the cm I talked too said he couldn't book without canceling the other reservation. Since we are traveling with 2 other families that are first timers I felt really stuck.

I am really hoping I hear something today from our agent. The cm ran the quotes so I know at a minimum we would have saved $400! I am not sure what I will do if she is unable to apply the discount, except I know I will not be using an agent again. :(

It took my TA FOREVER to get reservations done yesterday. She said even her site is was crashing and phone wait was a beast.

Check online. If you can still book online there is still hope. I was ready to cry yesterday I was so stressed out over this. But in the end we upgraded our room and still saved $$$!

I will cross my fingers for you.

I'm so upset by not getting POR that I couldn't sleep at all. I really hope they open up more rooms or we will be staying off site. I really wanted to stay onsite. If anyone sees any rooms for November 17-26 let me know! We will have 5 plus one under 3. Thanks.

So am I. We are 5 as well and never had any problem getting POR for FD before on a few vacations, and we NEVER booked the first day. We usually booked a few weeks later. :-(. I will keep trying to call every day.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

I am trying super hard just to have faith in her and not check or call especially since I can't change anything since the other families are involved.

I am also super annoyed because I can't access my reservation on mde using the only email address I have registered with Disney. I am assuming that has to do with agency...but I read on here that others who've booked through ta's are able to see their reservations.

I am too type A I think?!?!?

I am trying super hard just to have faith in her and not check or call especially since I can't change anything since the other families are involved.

I am also super annoyed because I can't access my reservation on mde using the only email address I have registered with Disney. I am assuming that has to do with agency...but I read on here that others who've booked through ta's are able to see their reservations.

I am too type A I think?!?!?

Have you linked your reservation to MDE? There's a link that says not seeing your reservations? Click that tell it booked through a TA and enter your confirmation code and it should load right in.

In the same boat needing POR for 5. My dates are Nov.15-23, which I know a couple other ppl are needing too. It just blows my mind that they didn't seem to have but a very very few rooms there allocated for FD. I'm really not sure what we will do if we can't get it. All other onsite options are out of our price range. :(

I tried...but when I enter my reservation number it tells me that reservation is already linked to "Mrs. My First & Last name."

I know when I called to make one dining reservation my ta said she wasn't able to get (1900 Park Fare) and the cm was checking things out I had a different email associated with my name (myname@travelagentconpany.com). I figured it was to help increase pin chances and left it alone, even though the cm had said having multiple email addresses registered actually lowered chances of getting a pin (never heard that before and no clue if its accurate).

I tried...but when I enter my reservation number it tells me that reservation is already linked to "Mrs. My First & Last name."

I know when I called to make one dining reservation my ta said she wasn't able to get (1900 Park Fare) and the cm was checking things out I had a different email associated with my name (myname@travelagentconpany.com). I figured it was to help increase pin chances and left it alone, even though the cm had said having multiple email addresses registered actually lowered chances of getting a pin (never heard that before and no clue if its accurate).

Oh that's odd. I would ask her for the info so you have.

I am in a tad bit of a panic now. Still haven't heard anything from my TA . Seeing lots of posts that families of five are kind of out of luck. I have also seen people saying they can't get por for my dates.

I was trying to find the info...but the threads are so big. When you call and make a reservation, do you have to put a deposit down? What about canceling if my TA comes through?

Thanks guys!

After all of this I have decided to keep my res. at AoA Lion King and get the room discount. Free dining would be awesome, but since my mom is going with us I've decided we'll be much happier having seperate bathrooms and the extra space. After 3 hours of holding yesterday. I will admit I was bummed that Disney threw a curve ball yesterday and didn't offer FD at AoA family suites as it was offered last year. The Nemo suite was awesome last year and I'm looking forward to Lion King this year. For all of you who have assisted me with all of my questions I greatly appreciate you! Best wishes to you all!!! pixiedust:

In the same boat needing POR for 5. My dates are Nov.15-23, which I know a couple other ppl are needing too. It just blows my mind that they didn't seem to have but a very very few rooms there allocated for FD. I'm really not sure what we will do if we can't get it. All other onsite options are out of our price range. :(

So there are at least 3 of us still looking for that week, I think I saw 2 that were able to get it. Here's hoping some of those double bookings release some in the next couple of days...

sersee05 said:
I am in a tad bit of a panic now. Still haven't heard anything from my TA . Seeing lots of posts that families of five are kind of out of luck. I have also seen people saying they can't get por for my dates.

I was trying to find the info...but the threads are so big. When you call and make a reservation, do you have to put a deposit down? What about canceling if my TA comes through?

Thanks guys!

I was unable to book with a cm because I have a reservation with a ta already for that time. The cm I had was super nice and said he would ask guest relations for permission to let me have two reservations until I heard from my agent but I didn't do it as we arw traveling with others and I didn't want to complicate everything.

I was unable to book with a cm because I have a reservation with a ta already for that time. The cm I had was super nice and said he would ask guest relations for permission to let me have two reservations until I heard from my agent but I didn't do it as we arw traveling with others and I didn't want to complicate everything.

I don't see why they won't do it. I booked online and my ta has a reservation at the same time. Did you tell them there was a reservation, or did the cm bring it up?

Here's a question. Many of you said that hopefully more rooms will open up for FD. Is there a reason or time that would happen? For example is it at the 45 day mark when people might cancel? Thanks for the info.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter