Free Dining Oct-Dec Is Here!! Dates Confirmed!!! ~ Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
:cool1::banana::dance3::cheer2::hyper::woohoo:
Spoke too soon..TA just emailed as I posted last..All confirmed..POP!!!
YEAH
Hope everyone else gets there wishes too.

I also want to state that she didn't have to cancel my original reservation...she just adjusted it for the free dining portion. Someone somewhere had said that it would have to be a whole new reservation.

After rambling on, moaning and complaining and gettign some nasty pm's....my TA came through for me:banana: Sorry for being upset and discouraged and for those who sent me the nasty pm's..and you know who you are...I'm not sorry. She got me Nov 10 as room only with discount...183.00 and FD the 11 - 17. A whopping big savings of $1025.00!! Now holding on to hope that disney will let us stay in the same room when we check out on the 11th and check back in....
And we had a chat...I explained my frustration and she knew all about it and said it was fine...that she had hundreds of clients that she was busy with and she apologized for the lack of communications.

Congrats! I'm happy everything worked out for you!!:goodvibes

I like the way you think :) I wish my 4 year old was just a little more independent. Maybe I'll get my 6 year old to get his cereal! I just need to leave everything with reach -lol!

Biggest discovery we ever made when we had one that age was "pre-preparing" breakfast... bowl of cereal with cling wrap on the table. A small plastic cup with milk in the fridge (also with wrap). He could unwrap the milk, pour some in the cereal and go to town. Couldn't handle a milk jug... and if he spilled the cup, it wasn't that much to deal with.

Really helped a pair of "late sleeper" parents :-)

Let this be a lesson to Disney about not giving DV cardholders an advanced booking window. LOL, J/K. They definitely need to figure out a better way to do this though. Hopefully their solution isn't to just nix the whole offer next year.
Iger has warned that there will come a day when they won't be offering FD

Can we start a support group for those of us who didn't get any pixie dust today but are still hopeful that something will open up in the near future?

Sure would help to have some folks to commiserate with.....:worried:

Can we start a support group for those of us who didn't get any pixie dust today but are still hopeful that something will open up in the near future?

Ill join haha! I really feel like there will be more rooms opened up- after all the have to have some rooms open to advertise with! In my mind anyway. Ill keep stalking the site until something pops up!

Thanks for the kind words. :goodvibes Yes, my old avatar was my kids when they were younger. DD took a pic of me in my new way cool Little Mermaid shirt for Facebook on Tuesday, so I thought I'd update my avatar to that. Unfortunately, I could get the shirt in the pic without me being tiny. :rotfl: I wish I could have. It is a really cool shirt. :)

No fair I wanna see the shirt and want to know where you found it. LM is my favorite

I'm in too with you and fivemuggles. I'm not giving up hope yet!

mstblu said:
I never received an updated email showing free dining applied.....can I see it somewhere on MDE?

I haven't received an updated email either (hoping it comes tomorrow) but the changes do appear on the website.

Waited on hold a total of three hours....dialed about 100 times to get through. Ended up with a split stay- free dining at ASMusic and room only discount at Polynesian!!! Staying two nights extra too! It was SO worth all of the hassle:)

I haven't received an updated email either (hoping it comes tomorrow) but the changes do appear on the website.

Can I ask where? I can see the change of resorts but no where can I find anything about dining applied to the reservation. Thanks!

After rambling on, moaning and complaining and gettign some nasty pm's....my TA came through for me:banana: Sorry for being upset and discouraged and for those who sent me the nasty pm's..and you know who you are...I'm not sorry. She got me Nov 10 as room only with discount...183.00 and FD the 11 - 17. A whopping big savings of $1025.00!! Now holding on to hope that disney will let us stay in the same room when we check out on the 11th and check back in....
And we had a chat...I explained my frustration and she knew all about it and said it was fine...that she had hundreds of clients that she was busy with and she apologized for the lack of communications.

:cool1: So glad it all worked out for you and boo on the people who sent you nasty PMs. :-( Ask your TA to link your RO and FD reservations and that will increase your chances of staying in the same room.

-Astrid

Originally Posted by lindap1
After rambling on, moaning and complaining and gettign some nasty pm's....my TA came through for me Sorry for being upset and discouraged and for those who sent me the nasty pm's..and you know who you are...I'm not sorry. She got me Nov 10 as room only with discount...183.00 and FD the 11 - 17. A whopping big savings of $1025.00!! Now holding on to hope that disney will let us stay in the same room when we check out on the 11th and check back in....

I'm so happy everything's worked out the way you wanted. I hope you and your family have a magical time. :dance3:

Currently on hold (now 52 minutes)...

We have a Nov. ressie...want to change to get RO...st this point should I wait out hold...try again tomorrow morning...

or...can I book new ressie and then call in a few days to cancel old ressie...WITHOUT penalty?

Thanks,
Bridget

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter