Free dining 2014

Are you saying that the Little Mermaid rooms in the Art of Animation resort are excluded from the FD promotion?

except when they first opened a bit earlier than expected the LM room have been excluded from every FD promo. If FD is important, you should have back up resorts to change to if you need/want FD.

except when they first opened a bit earlier than expected the LM room have been excluded from every FD promo. If FD is important, you should have back up resorts to change to if you need/want FD.

Thank you. I'm doing that right now!

I am praying for FD for our Oct trip. We are going Oct 9/19th and currently have the 3meal per day plan with a family of 4. I personally dont think we need 3 meals a day but my husband wants to go to the signature meals for dinner. This Sunday I get to make our ADRs so fingers crossed

your check in date is within what is historically (around Columbus Day) been black out dates for FD. I can't remember if there was a RO for that time period last year.

last years FD dates were:
September 29 - October 2
October 18 - November 2

2012 was similar.

Are you saying that the Little Mermaid rooms in the Art of Animation resort are excluded from the FD promotion?

Yes, that is correct.
The Little Mermaid rooms at AoA, the campsites, the GF villas and the 3 bedroom villas are always excluded.

There are other resorts that are excluded periodically but it is only because when Disney starts putting the promos together, the bookings at those resorts are already booking at a good pace by Disney standards so there is no reason to offer the promo for that resort. This can happen for specific dates as well.

Thank you. I'm doing that right now!

There is a summer offer available right now June-August that offers 30% off on Deluxe resorts with a PIN code.

The 30% room discounts are offers from Disney just like the Free dining:
here is the current offer for the summer months:
For a limited time:

•Save up to 30% on rooms at select Disney Resort hotels!
•Plus, get a free Park Hopper Option when you upgrade to a package that includes 5-day (or longer) Magic Your Way tickets. With the Park Hopper Option, you’ll enjoy same-day access to all 4 Walt Disney World theme parks.
Offer valid for stays most nights June 1 to August 28, 2014. Book through June 26, 2014.

Normally it is 30% is for Deluxe, 20-25% on moderate and 15-20% on Value (some resort hotels are excluded)

The other offers available for the summer months is the RO discount and the Memory Maker discounts. They are all available on the Disney.com website. Just look for the present about 1/2 way down on the main page that says "Explore our special offers"

Free dining is a go guys. No specific dates yet but I'm working on it. Should closely mirror last year with dates eventually going into December. First dates could even include the last couple days of August.

I wonder if they will include over Labor day this year. Since 2003, we have gotten the free dining over Labor Day, but last year they excluded those dates. I am waiting until the last minute of the picture deal to book. If they come out with the better deal for my dates, I will try to get. I have never had a problem in the past booking FD pretty close to the deadline.
Please FD for my dates!!! :worship:

is the free upgrade for the park hopper option not aval for value resorts?

The free park hopper upgrade is only available to those that receive a Unique offer (PIN) code.
Offer valid for stays most nights June 1 to August 28, 2014. Book through June 26, 2014.
For values it is 20% at ASMu, ASSp and POP and 15% at ASMo and AoA.

Does this mean that kids tickets and dining plan would be free? They don't charge for them in the room my room (kidds 9, 8 and 1). So would I just get a discount on their tickets and dining plan?

There is a summer offer available right now June-August that offers 30% off on Deluxe resorts with a PIN code.

The 30% room discounts are offers from Disney just like the Free dining:
here is the current offer for the summer months:
For a limited time:

•Save up to 30% on rooms at select Disney Resort hotels!
•Plus, get a free Park Hopper Option when you upgrade to a package that includes 5-day (or longer) Magic Your Way tickets. With the Park Hopper Option, you’ll enjoy same-day access to all 4 Walt Disney World theme parks.

Normally it is 30% is for Deluxe, 20-25% on moderate and 15-20% on Value (some resort hotels are excluded)

The other offers available for the summer months is the RO discount and the Memory Maker discounts. They are all available on the Disney.com website. Just look for the present about 1/2 way down on the main page that says "Explore our special offers"

Thank you, SPOERLX3, for all that information. Much appreciated!

Hoping someone can help out.
IF free dining becomes an option for our stay in OCT/NOV and we want to upgrade the free dining to the next level does anyone know how to roughly estimate what the extra cost would be per adult?

Reason being we are staying at a Value Resort and if they offer FD it will only be the QUICK SERVICE. We would like the next level.

Thanks in advance for the help........

~Steph

IF free dining becomes an option for our stay in OCT/NOV and we want to upgrade the free dining to the next level does anyone know how to roughly estimate what the extra cost would be per adult?

Reason being we are staying at a Value Resort and if they offer FD it will only be the QUICK SERVICE. We would like the next level.

~Steph

Do they even do this?

Hoping someone can help out. IF free dining becomes an option for our stay in OCT/NOV and we want to upgrade the free dining to the next level does anyone know how to roughly estimate what the extra cost would be per adult? Reason being we are staying at a Value Resort and if they offer FD it will only be the QUICK SERVICE. We would like the next level. Thanks in advance for the help........ ~Steph

Is around $19 per day for adults and just under $4 per day for kids.

Hoping someone can help out. IF free dining becomes an option for our stay in OCT/NOV and we want to upgrade the free dining to the next level does anyone know how to roughly estimate what the extra cost would be per adult? Reason being we are staying at a Value Resort and if they offer FD it will only be the QUICK SERVICE. We would like the next level. Thanks in advance for the help........ ~Steph

You can do this- you just pay the difference in the actual costs of the plan- Seriously just look at staying at a moderate instead though- unless you Really like Values- moderates get the next step up for free so the extra room cost would be minimal

~Steph

Do they even do this?

There is a sticky thread at the top of the dining plan forum specifically for upgrade costs. You can upgrade to any plan to want, but you cannot downgrade from the given free plan. So if you are staying at a mod or deluxe, you cannot get the QSDP for free, but you can treat the regular plan as though it were the quick service plan. You can use a table service credit for a quick service meal anywhere on property. Disney will use up your quick service credits first, and then start pulling from your table service credits. It's not the best use of the regular plan, but you can do it. I'll post the link to the sticky in just a minute. BRB...

ETA: Here is the thread...
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2772063

~Steph

It's definitely possible!
The upgrade prices are all listed here: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2772063

Edit: What smitch said ;)

THANKS EVERYONE....

Gillyrose779 - We were thinking about that as well! ;)

Just weighing the options...

I love these boards , you all know it all!!!

I'm always tossing "deal" numbers around in my brain and every time I think about maybe getting free dining, I think about upgrading to a moderate from a value - then I price the moderate, as if there’s free dining and then the value at free dining. There’s even enough of a savings if we stay value and upgrade the dining that makes it worth it for me. Of course, I try to do everything on the cheap :)

PS We also like to rent a small car, instead of using Disney transportation and the difference of the free dining with an upgrade ... to what I have booked now, is the price of a rental car - makes it very attractive to me to stay at a value and save that extra cost. Ah hector, I'd probably still stay at a value - all we do there is sleep anyway:laughing:

Let's hope for free dining for all - it is always cool to get, regardless of how everyone decides to "spend" it!

PSPS I will add that if it is offered and for some reason All Star is excluded (for whatever reason) and the moderate I look at all the time is included, all bets are off - I'd upgrade to the moderate, hands down!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter