Free dining 2014

BelleTink said:
I'm also hoping for an October deal at Disney! (I'm splitting my stay b/w Disney & Universal this year, so every extra dollar helps).

jsgrand- for the teen spa, do you mean the Mandara Spa at the Portofino Bay? Last time I was there I asked about other Mandara locations and I'm *almost* positive they listed the Disney Swan/Dolphin. They probably offer the same services if it's something she'd really like.

It is Mandara, and it says it is their Y-spa program. Not sure if they all offer it. I like the idea it is on - site (Walking distance) but I wouldn't stay at Swan/Dolphin...am hoping to stay at WL!

I'm also hoping for an October deal at Disney! (I'm splitting my stay b/w Disney & Universal this year, so every extra dollar helps). jsgrand- for the teen spa, do you mean the Mandara Spa at the Portofino Bay? Last time I was there I asked about other Mandara locations and I'm *almost* positive they listed the Disney Swan/Dolphin. They probably offer the same services if it's something she'd really like.

Ooohhhh, I'd love to hear about your plans - you can PM me. I'm contemplating this, have never been to US or IOA. Thinking a 1-2 das only ??-- pretty sure DD would like IOA best. Thanks!

we have reservations for the end of September from our bounceback offer. But we might have to postpone it till December. Can anyone remember if there was free dining last year? If so, when was it announced?

Thank you,

pixiedust:

Yes, there was free Dining last Dec. It ended Dec 20th, the day we arrived.... Can't remember exactly when it was announced but it seems it was in late August or early Sept. It was great to get it for our entire 10 day trip!!!! We are hoping for the same deal and dates this coming Dec, 2014!

For arrivals most nights 8/25–10/2/13,
10/18–10/31/13, 11/11–11/23/13,
11/30–12/4/13 and 12/15–12/22/13.

this was the email I received last year for free dining. hope it helps

based on the year so far, it is really looking like Free Dining is back to September. AT least so far. Always hopeful, but...

edited to add: sorry this was to be a reply to carlacy

Ooohhhh, I'd love to hear about your plans - you can PM me. I'm contemplating this, have never been to US or IOA. Thinking a 1-2 das only ??-- pretty sure DD would like IOA best. Thanks!

I'm still too new to PM...but I'm almost there! You'll hear from me soon :)

based on the year so far, it is really looking like Free Dining is back to September. AT least so far. Always hopeful, but...

edited to add: sorry this was to be a reply to carlacy

Yeup, we are sitting tight and waiting too. We have budgeted for the trip either way, and it's not like they won't get the money back some other way since we will be there for F&W but every penny helps.

It's April!!!..... :)
Anybody hear anything or able to speculate when we may get news about FD?

For arrivals most nights 8/25–10/2/13,
10/18–10/31/13, 11/11–11/23/13,
11/30–12/4/13 and 12/15–12/22/13.

this was the email I received last year for free dining. hope it helps

So my DS and I are going Nov. 28,-Dec 5th. Do you think the FD will be still on at this time? We are contemplating between All Star Movies and Pop.... Do they both offer the FD?

The summer deal was just released a few weeks ago. I called a Disney CM about a problem with our reservations and I mentioned that really hoped we landed free dining as the summer resort discount would expire two weeks before we get there, but i would be happy with FD OR resort discount. He chuckled and then said, "What until mid-April and I think you will be very happy."

For what it is I am hoping. My TA said that they are not suppose to say anything, but sometimes they let something slip. We just aren't sure what that "something" is.:confused3

The summer deal was just released a few weeks ago. I called a Disney CM about a problem with our reservations and I mentioned that really hoped we landed free dining as the summer resort discount would expire two weeks before we get there, but i would be happy with FD OR resort discount. He chuckled and then said, "What until mid-April and I think you will be very happy."

For what it is I am hoping. My TA said that they are not suppose to say anything, but sometimes they let something slip. We just aren't sure what that "something" is.:confused3

Mid-April Huh?!? :scratchin Ok, that settles it... I'm not sleeping again until late April :hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper:

The summer deal was just released a few weeks ago. I called a Disney CM about a problem with our reservations and I mentioned that really hoped we landed free dining as the summer resort discount would expire two weeks before we get there, but i would be happy with FD OR resort discount. He chuckled and then said, "What until mid-April and I think you will be very happy." For what it is I am hoping. My TA said that they are not suppose to say anything, but sometimes they let something slip. We just aren't sure what that "something" is.:confused3

Thanks!!! That sounds promising! :)

So my DS and I are going Nov. 28,-Dec 5th. Do you think the FD will be still on at this time? We are contemplating between All Star Movies and Pop.... Do they both offer the FD?

Both Pop & AS Movies offered free dining in the past. If it's offered in Nov/Dec, you'd need to do a split stay. I've never seen FD offered during Thanksgiving week. It could be offered the last part of your trip though! :)

Both Pop & AS Movies offered free dining in the past. If it's offered in Nov/Dec, you'd need to do a split stay. I've never seen FD offered during Thanksgiving week. It could be offered the last part of your trip though! :)

AS Movies was excluded from some of the FD offers last year

Last year September FD came out on May 9th.
"Fall" (last few days of Sep - December with some black out dates) was not released until August 1.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter