Free Dining 2014 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not sure where I stand on this. For us the truth is that if we can't get POR with FD for our family of 5 we are not going this year, we will go to a Wisconsin Dells indoor water park instead:crazy2: (It is a stretch financially already but would be possible with free dining). If I let the CM know this, is that demanding special treatment? I think its a little like buying a house, negotiate an offer I can afford or I will look elsewhere not necessarily a threat.:confused3

You can do it if you want, but what is available is not in the CMs power. They cannot just find a POR room for you, if they are not available with the discount. I do still think there is hope though. Being the offer has not even released yet, I have a feeling all of the inventory may not have been released yet either.

ok my math based on our dates family of 5.
amounts are rounded up (I dont like adding cents) :scared:

Say we stay at deluxe, i chose the least expensive for our dates
which was Beach Club
360.00 a night x 6 nights =2160.00
2160.00 x (RO) 30% =648.00 savings

VS.

free dining
4 adults x 60.64 x 6 = 1455.00
1 child x i dont know say 30.00 x 6 =180.00

total savings with FD is 1635.00

looks like room only would not work out as a better savings, unless im completely wrong on this, if so let me know

For a child, the dining plan costs $19.23 per night.

It sounds like free dining is definitely the better deal for you, if you want the dining plan. If you were going to pay for meals OOP and do more quick service than table service, or eat at some of the less expensive table service restaurants, then the difference wouldn't be as great. Still, with five people in a room, four of them Disney adults, I think free dining would still be the better deal. :goodvibes

If RO is offered, POFQ will also be excluded from the 20% discount but last year they offered a 5%. Better than nothing I guess. I've decided I won't change from POFQ no matter what happens.

Is RO discounts 30 or 35% for deluxe? I heard conflicting answers. I hope the dates are about the same with fd!

It sounds like free dining is definitely the better deal for you, if you want the dining plan. If you were going to pay for meals OOP and do more quick service than table service, or eat at some of the less expensive table service restaurants, then the difference wouldn't be as great. Still, with five people in a room, four of them Disney adults, I think free dining would still be the better deal. :goodvibes

Same for us, as we usually travel as a family of 5, plus we do numerous character meals.

The spiel has been out since the 17th when the rumors began. CMs are in a no win situation. CMs sign non disclosure agreements, promising that they can never discuss (even with their families) any upcoming announced offers. Most offers show up in advisories a day or two before, but can never be discussed. There is one exception to this. They are allowed to reactively discuss the public offer and it's dates if there is currently a visa offer.

This year many discounts have not followed this usual path. Many discounts have just popped up the morning they became active.

Discounts and pin codes inquiries can be tough calls. Giving a guest bad news can result in bad surveys. Bad surveys directly effect the CM in two ways. Part of their pay is configured by the percentage of positive surveys. Bad surveys also have an effect on job performance reviews.

CMs struggle with exactly what to say to these inquires. Clearly Disney would prefer the spiel and nothing more. But historically many of the rumors turn out to be accurate. Many CMs will then say to keep checking. A good way to end a call on a hopeful note.

Guests should know CMs feel your frustration. Generally speaking, DMX and lack of good discounts have lead to more negative calls than past years. It wasn't looking good for discounts this week. Staff schedules and system updates pointed in the direction that nothing big was coming out. But who would say that? On the chance something would come out the best answer was " keep checking".

Please consider this when you call. Obviously there are situations that warrant a bad survey. No FD or PIN code is never the fault of the CM.

I am still very hopeful that FD is on the way. I don't think it really deserves the feeding frenzy that it has become. If I was a betting person, I would say no AOA, POFQ, FW, ASMo, or three bedroom villas. No harm checking these resorts, but please have a second or third choice. The only scenario that would have me waiting to speed dial at 7am would be if I was a family of five wanting POR.

Positive thoughts for discounts next week. :thumbsup2

:thumbsup2

You can do it if you want, but what is available is not in the CMs power. They cannot just find a POR room for you, if they are not available with the discount. I do still think there is hope though. Being the offer has not even released yet, I have a feeling all of the inventory may not have been released yet either.
how can I do mutliple quotes in one post? I think the loss of the first post changed the perception of my post.

:thumbsup2 yep... we love to eat.. but not deluxe eat.. haha:lmao:

I thiiink somebody answered it for me a while ago but this thread is moving really quick. I'm happy to see some FD confirms and I noticed the "big" one was for the end of September. I'm booked at CBR from 9/4 - 9/12. Do you think I'll be okay? Thanks. :thumbsup2

lisafab said:
What I don't get is if the rumors are true and all dates are going to be released at once that some resorts can be excluded from all those dates? For example, rumor has it both Port Orleans will be excluded but CSR is included. For my dates (Sept 19th to Oct 1st) CSR only has king rooms available whereas POFQ has all room categories and POR all except standard. Why would Disney then include a resort that's nearly booked out but exclude ones that have lots of availability (on the surface anyway)?

I'm just trying to be positive because POR is our first choice, POFQ our second and CBR our third. If CBR has to become our first I don't have a 2 & 3!

I am in the same boat. POFQ is 1, POR preferred is 2 & CBR is 3. I just sent an email to my TA to run #s with the WL for free dining. I did and because we already have a minimal discount at POFQ (15% with a pin) it would still save us another $100 of what we would spend without FD at POFQ. So if by chance both PO resorts are excluded and we can't get in to CBR we have a last resort...no pun intended... Although my husband will be less than thrilled.

turning into a Disney fanatic

I'm personally still hoping for POR to be included. Maybe not in the DV offer (which is fine because we don't have one anyway) but the general offer would be great. PO is my favorite moderate by far and we would rather not stay at CBR or CSR unless we have to. :(

how can I do mutliple quotes in one post? I think the loss of the first post changed the perception of my post.

Instead of clicking the "QUOTE" button at the bottom of the post, click the button next to it, the one with the " and + sign on it. Then you can quote as many posts as you want to and hit POST REPLY when you are finished.

You hit the little " box at the bottom of each post you want to quote. Then you hit the quote button when you have selected them all, and they will all quote. I have been kind of jumping around, so very likely I missed other things that you said. LOL

Is there ANY promo going on currently for Sept.7-13? If so is a code needed. I was just trying to see what was available now in comparison if FD comes up. I want POR......

holy hanna!! Im so lost!!! so are some getting free dining and some not? this thread is moving pretty quick and im at work so just jumping in. whats the FD deal? I am booked at POP from 09-17 to 09-22 thru AAAA, just a quick get away. I told my girl over there to add the regular dining and if we got free quick service we would upgrade since we are taking a big people only trip to Disney!! so what is the FD status?? thanks!!!!

oh and are there other offers out there and are they all for Disney visa holders at this point??

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter