Free Dining 2014 Discussion ~ Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK a few quick questions if anyone would be so kind to help me out? I don't have the DV card and am waiting for the general release. I'll have eleven people spread over 5-6 rooms.

3. I can book them after midnight, via the internet, first thing the morning of the 7th? I don't have to wait till 7 AM to call?

We don't know yet... last year the General release went out about midnight, but who knows.

5. I can alter the reservations at any time and it doesn't cost any thing? If so, Is there a minimal amount of days out which I can do this?

I think you can change most anything until 45 days before - check that to be sure, but changes are possible up until some date. Obviously availability, etc. applies

When I called yesterday and spoke to Sunny, she told me that the only rooms available for the FD were Courtyard view. No standards and no woods view. This is for the time period of 9/23-9/30.

Wow, I'm really getting nervous about crowds for my trip now!!! That's when we will be there. We have standard rooms at WL but have almost always been moved to a better view. Yikes!!!

Wow, I'm really getting nervous about crowds for my trip now!!! That's when we will be there. We have standard rooms at WL but have almost always been moved to a better view. Yikes!!!

That's probably just for the promo - not that all the rooms are gone. We have a BB and were trying to move from a Woods view with BB to a courtyard and couldn't at 1st..eventually they opened up.

That is only for the visa promo the general will have a whole new group of rooms available. That being said if there is enough bookings of one room category there my be no availability. I would use the website to gauge what isn't available for your dates as a better indicator Than what is still available for the visa FD promo.

That is only for the visa promo the general will have a whole new group of rooms available. That being said if there is enough bookings of one room category there my be no availability. I would use the website to gauge what isn't available for your dates as a better indicator Than what is still available for the visa FD promo.

They arent certain. Thats what everyone is hoping for. Crossing fingers for everyone!!

Is it just me or when Im trying to connect to disney special offers the web site indicates that the server is temporarily unavailable.

I am having issues with dining reservations. Keeps saying page error. :furious:

They arent certain. Thats what everyone is hoping for. Crossing fingers for everyone!!

nothing is ever certain with Disney.:lmao: But I would still gauge possible availability for the general FD based on the availability on the website not on whats available to visa FD. That being said the visa FD can always affect the availability of Wednesday release. We wont know until Wednesday I guess! I hope everyone gets what they are hoping for!

Having some serious anxiety. Finally received my disney visa today and called to have FD added to my 11/9-11/15 stay at a standard room at the polynesian only to find out that they only have lagoon view rooms left for the discount.. Switching rooms will result in adding 300$ to my reservation! Praying that they release more standard rooms for the FD promo for the GP! I might cry.. I am so over budget as it is! I can only stay in budget with FD or a room discount

Family of 5 here and we finally decided what to do since POR is excluded (although I will TOTALLY be check at midnight and/or 7 am Wed!). We booked 2 rooms at Pop 1WZ1/16-11/21. CM tried to get me to book a cabin for a family of 5. Um no thanks. Sounds too much like camping. This girl, while she has three boys, does not like camping.

Never stayed at Pop before (or any value). I'm excited. Keeping this trip a complete surprise to the kids.

Talked to a CM today that had been there for many years, she said she has never seen FD sell out within a matter of days, let alone hours. I asked her if I were to call at 7am (actually she suggested 6:59am) and gave her all of my details if I would get what I wanted. She said that I am almost guaranteed to get it, if I call in early enough. She also told me that DV and GP are from two totally different pools.

Now I dunno if what she said is true, but I am really hoping so pixiedust:

Talked to a CM today that had been there for many years, she said she has never seen FD sell out within a matter of days, let alone hours. I asked her if I were to call at 7am (actually she suggested 6:59am) and gave her all of my details if I would get what I wanted. She said that I am almost guaranteed to get it, if I call in early enough. She also told me that DV and GP are from two totally different pools.

That is good to know! I hope we can all get the rooms we want. :) Thanks for the info, I hope she's right.

Do you think there will be room only discounts for later October, Nov & Dec? I booked free dining since it was the only discount available for my travel dates (last week in October) but I would totally prefer the room only discount.

Family of 5 here and we finally decided what to do since POR is excluded (although I will TOTALLY be check at midnight and/or 7 am Wed!). We booked 2 rooms at Pop 1WZ1/16-11/21. CM tried to get me to book a cabin for a family of 5. Um no thanks. Sounds too much like camping. This girl, while she has three boys, does not like camping.

Never stayed at Pop before (or any value). I'm excited. Keeping this trip a complete surprise to the kids.

Have you looked at the cabins? I've never stayed in them but certainly have thought about it; however, we are a family of 6 and a baby so no go. I have stayed at WL and gone over to FW and it looks great. The cabins are basically hotel rooms with a kitchen and living area. I think the biggest drawback is the size of the place and an internal bus system, but you are on the lake, there are great pools, campfires, horseback riding, bicycles, boats and a petting zoo. Plus, you would be in a standalone room, meaning no neighbors directly above and below you. The theming would certainly be "camping" but the cabin itself would not be. Pop is definitely more "Disney" fun themed.

Gawd I hope that's true! That and with everyone switching from POR that they open up POR for GP free dining! :rotfl2:

Since I have to be at work early Wednesday morning, would I be better off to call and cancel my reservation tonight so that I can book online wednesday? We are booked OCT 1-10 in a preferred pool view room at Pop..

I'm wondering if I really need to wake up at 4am, my time to call Disney at 7am their time to book? I really want to take advantage of free dinning but is it really possible for it to sell out in a day? We are going in September (11-21) and really just looking for 2 rooms at a value. The value resorts seems so large, I can't imagine them completely selling out of the promotion in a day.

I know people have posted that they booked free dinning last year, even a few months into the promotion. Does this year seem that much more crazy than last year?

Also is it possible for me to book online, I am booking 4 packages and then call in later and have them all linked together and request connecting rooms for my individual families package, we are a family of 5.

I just prefer to not wake up in the middle of the night if it is possible.

A bit off-topic, but I was surprised to see that there's a (bigger than I expected) price difference from Pop to AS Sports. For the week it's about $80! Not a lot in the grand scheme of things, I know, but still. I can get a preferred room at Sports for only $30 more than a standard at Pop. Decisions, decisions...:rotfl2:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter