• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Free Dining 2014 Discussion ~ Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I may be scarce for a while.

Too many complaints and drama today. It's not with this thread but a couple others.

Just to set the record straight. I have no inside sources, and I'm not a TA. I gather information I find online that anyone could find if they spent the time. I get it in little pieces and put it all together in one place.

Even doing this, there's still those that call Disney to complain because they never got official word and seeing it here wasn't good enough.

I don't know how much more helpful I can be.

Wow, no complaints here! I do not have a Disney Visa and I am amazed you called it with just one day off! I also appreciate all the information. I hope no one gave you a hard time.

My hats off to you!!!:goodvibes

Too many complaints and drama today. It's not with this thread but a couple others.

Just to set the record straight. I have no inside sources, and I'm not a TA. I gather information I find online that anyone could find if they spent the time. I get it in little pieces and put it all together in one place.

Even doing this, there's still those that call Disney to complain because they never got official word and seeing it here wasn't good enough.

Thanks for all your work, Joe! I never would have called Disney today if you had not given the heads' up, and since it also happens to be my 180 + 10, I got all the ADRs I wanted thanks to your efforts and information!

Since the FD offer is definitely coming out to the public on Wednesday, is there any downside to me booking at CBR right now and just applying the FD to my reservation come Wednesday? I want to go ahead and book a couple of my ADRs because I'm nervous the times won't be available later...

Thanks Black! Due to your heads up I get to take my little girls to CRT (booked last week on your tip.) One dd was so sad if we switched dates she wouldn't get to eat in BOG, but eating at CRT totally made her happy! Thank you for that!

I may be scarce for a while. Too many complaints and drama today. It's not with this thread but a couple others. Just to set the record straight. I have no inside sources, and I'm not a TA. I gather information I find online that anyone ed could find if they spent the time. I get it in little pieces and put it all together in one place. Even doing this, there's still those that call Disney to complain because they never got official word and seeing it here wasn't good enough. I don't know how much more helpful I can be.

You've helped thousands and thousands of people!! Don't let the few idiots ruin your day. I know it's hard when you try so hard to do good out of the goodness of your heart, but don't let them get you down. We, who appreciate you, are all that matters! ;)

I for one hope you stick around. You are so very helpful and so many of us appreciate it! I would have had no idea about this free dining deal if it were not for you and I thank you tremendously for all your work!

I'm really sorry that has been your experience :( I appreciate EVERYTHING you've done for all of our vacations. Thank you 1,000,000 times over :)

I really appreciate all you have done!! You made our year!! We will be celebrating our 29th Anniversary at WDW w/FD because of you!! Thanks so much!!

Thank you Joe for being kind, helpful and very patient, I found myself getting annoyed with the repetitive questions, BUT everyone here on this thread is helpful.
I have even asked repetitive, dumbish (??) , questions but I know I can and you all are always so nice to offer an answer. I know if I dont know something I can go to my peeps here on the Dis and someone will know.. LOL
I am proud of this little (or not so little) group. I have been here for a few years and this my first free dining experience. THANKS to everyone !! Spreading the disney love :grouphug: OH and I am a visa holder and STILL have not got an email about the promo... so THERE! This is the #1 place for disney info... THANKS AGAIN to everyone!! and esp. Joe Black :cool1:

I may be scarce for a while. Too many complaints and drama today. It's not with this thread but a couple others. Just to set the record straight. I have no inside sources, and I'm not a TA. I gather information I find online that anyone could find if they spent the time. I get it in little pieces and put it all together in one place. Even doing this, there's still those that call Disney to complain because they never got official word and seeing it here wasn't good enough. I don't know how much more helpful I can be.
This is very sad. Some people are just never happy. You've been very helpful to so many people. Thank you for putting the puzzle together for all of us!

I am looking for a BOG rese for 7 on Monday, September 29th. I tried to book the first morning, and was unsuccessful :( I keep checking the site, hoping to be lucky. If someone is releasing their day can you please let me know. Thank you!

Where would you stay at CSR? Preferred or business class? We have preferred for our stay in November, but I am considering switching to business class. Which one is more convenient to the main building?

We chose to upgrade to business for location, a no parking lot view and club room with snacks!

This is disheartening to see. I am not even planning a Disney vacation this year and I found your help and educated estimations invaluable. Dont let petty people's negativity take anything from all the good you've done. You are right; you could not be any more helpful! Thank you.

:sad: You could not have been more helpful. If not for you I wouldn't be taking my kids to Disney w/Free Dining. :worship::worship:I'm sorry some are not appreciative, but I totally am. Thank you, thank you, thank you :thanks: Hope you're back soon. :grouphug:

Okay so I think I have a crazy question. I am out of this craziness...sort of I think. I used my bounce back offer for POR. Kinda glad I did now. I thought until I have seen a lot of posts saying they switched to CBR and have saved ALOT of money. For the record it's just my DH and myself. Should I stay at Riverside?

Mine doesn't show it either, but that was only after I called Disney and got the FD for my chase visa debit card (disney). We are staying in the AOA lion king suites and arriving December 22nd. I am so excited to finally get the FD and kids can't wait either.

It was explained to me this morning that the first email would be sent in approximately 2 hours of my call and would not reflect the deposit and remaining balance. Another email would follow within 24 hours with corrected amount due.

I'd like to know too, b/c when I've run the numbers for renting points, I don't see that much of a difference in price. Granted, you'd be getting DVC instead of a mod (what we get), but I'm still not saving any money. I'd love to finally NOT be tied to a certain time b/c we *have* to have FD.

We recently rented points for a 4 night stay at BLT. Our cost worked out to be just shy of $1200. Going directly through Disney (with no RO discount) was approximately $2400, creating a saving of around 50 percent. As I've never seen disney offer any RO discount near the 50 percent range, I was very pleased. The entire process was incredibly easy! I will certainly do again!

I may be scarce for a while. Too many complaints and drama today. It's not with this thread but a couple others. Just to set the record straight. I have no inside sources, and I'm not a TA. I gather information I find online that anyone could find if they spent the time. I get it in little pieces and put it all together in one place. Even doing this, there's still those that call Disney to complain because they never got official word and seeing it here wasn't good enough. I don't know how much more helpful I can be.
I apologize for all the mean people and sincerely hope I have never been mean to ANYONE here on the boards. I always try my best to word things so no one can misread my tone. I always appreciate any heads up on anything up and coming, especially FD. Of course I always hope any predictions turn out to be 100% correct but understand that nothing is set in stone until Disney makes an official announcement. Honestly, I think it is pretty safe to assume that there is nothing that says Disney can't change their mind and decide not to go thru with a promotion hours before they had initially planned to advertise it. So if I hear something may be announced on a certain day and then it isn't or it turns out to be different than what i was thinking it might be, i just think "bummer". I see no reason for me or anyone else to get irate about it.

P.S Thanks for all the info you have provided this year and in the past!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter