• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Free Dining 2014 Discussion ~ Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I happen to already have a package reserved during the November time frame. I am a DV holder and will be able to add dining tomorrow morning. My reservation is linked to my sisters (she is NOT a DV holder), will I be able to also add free dining to hers as well? Or will she have to wait until the 7th and hope to get it?

As long as your reservations are linked together and you are showing traveling together on the family and friends profile, you can pay $200 toward both reservations with your DV. :thumbsup2

I agree with you on not the cheapest option and liking not having to worry about how much this over price meal will cost me...
I read the boards like everyone else and there are the people that hate the deals say they shouldn't happen and this and that... then they go on about how they eat in the parks and don't nearly spend as much as dining cost and they have all the logistics to the cheapest places. I will be honest I am on vacation not a thrift shop run....I just want to enjoy it without having to worry about anything. plus the food is good.. "

I totally agree, too. We do the dining plan not because we save money, but it's really great to go there, all expenses paid and not have to worry about the budget. After spending all day trying to decide on which resort, we finally decided to keep our current reservation at POFQ and pay for the meal plan. After hours and hours of beating the dead horse, my very wise DH asked me what is important in a resort. Answer is the pool, being some place we enjoy and being comfortable. Having to walk 15 or 20 minutes to get coffee or goingi to the pool after spending hours in the park is not comfortable or enjoyable. Hence we will pay the extra money to be where we want to be. Now, that being said, if it turns out POR offers the FD, I will switch and ask to be in a building near the FQ so I can go to that pool.

I totally agree, too. We do the dining plan not because we save money, but it's really great to go there, all expenses paid and not have to worry about the budget. After spending all day trying to decide on which resort, we finally decided to keep our current reservation at POFQ and pay for the meal plan. After hours and hours of beating the dead horse, my very wise DH asked me what is important in a resort. Answer is the pool, being some place we enjoy and being comfortable. Having to walk 15 or 20 minutes to get coffee or goingi to the pool after spending hours in the park is not comfortable or enjoyable. Hence we will pay the extra money to be where we want to be. Now, that being said, if it turns out POR offers the FD, I will switch and ask to be in a building near the FQ so I can go to that pool.

How much is the dining plan for 2 adults? Maybe I should go this route and hope for a better RO discount?

Missed all of this. Is this happening tomorrow? Is it worth calling in the morning? I'm a DVC member.

How much is the dining plan for 2 adults? Maybe I should go this route and hope for a better RO discount?

A little over $120 a day for the two you combined daily to get regular (not quick service)

We have a res for ROFQ for Sept 16-28. Should we just cancel, wait for FD to come out and then re-book for CB?

I'm a newbie to this.

When the FD is available, call and change your resort (if POFQ is not offer eligible) and add the FD promotion at the same time. No need to cancel your current reservation.

We are booked at BCV , already paid- rented points, and spouse and I also have premium annual passes. We do have Disney Chase Visa;but, I'm guessing since we have room only that we are excluded from the promo? I won't buy adm tix to apply to another AP next year.

Thanks for the review. I'm making myself and my husband crazy changing my mind between resorts. I only have a few hours to decide. Really like CBR but my concerns are confirmed by your review. The other one we're looking at is CSR, I need to look at how big it is. Also considering AS Movie. We've never done a economy resort before. Price difference is significant to our orginal choice of PO. $1000 for CBR or CSR or $1600 for ASMovie.

I just can't decide!!

I love Pop Century as a value resort. We paid for the preferred room so we were close to the lobby/food court. Pop Century only has one bus stop and doesn't share buses with any other resort. The food court was decent. The theming was fun for my 9yr old son. We enjoyed it. We paid the extra money to upgrade from Quick Service to the Dining plan.

Was there ever a write up of what phone number a Disney visa cardholder should call and the prompts to get through to an agent quickly?

I'm wondering what the number is also, there are several, the ones on Disney website for booking packages but not sure if each Special offer has it's own number. Does anyone know the best number to call for booking a package?

We are booked at BCV , already paid- rented points, and spouse and I also have premium annual passes. We do have Disney Chase Visa;but, I'm guessing since we have room only that we are excluded from the promo? I won't buy adm tix to apply to another AP next year.

If you are staying on points - your own or rented - you are unfortunately not eligible.

I love Pop Century as a value resort. We paid for the preferred room so we were close to the lobby/food court. Pop Century only has one bus stop and doesn't share buses with any other resort. The food court was decent. The theming was fun for my 9yr old son. We enjoyed it. We paid the extra money to upgrade from Quick Service to the Dining plan.

At the Pop you also have the option of walking over to the AoA and eat in their food court. They have different food choices there. And the desserts are amazing. We stay at the Pop but eat at least once at the AoA.

We'll seems as thought there are a lot of variations of what Disney intended with some being able to book before others for one reason or another. What I am trying to remember, as much as I want free dining, that it's not an entitlement to have free dining, it's a blessing. Sure, I wish I was the one who got the cast members This morning who let it go through but I will hold tight and hope for to the best and that I am able to be at one of the resorts that are included on my list :) thanks to those who are reporting back their experiences and thank to those who are staying positive! It's easy to turn into catty boys and girls as anxiety runs high but that's not what this is all about! Pixie dust to all!!!

I wholeheartedly agree! :thumbsup2

When I spoke w. DV earlier today, I confirmed that both POFQ & POR are on the list, i asked if she could forward me a copy of the offer and she did...the are listed. I called and spoke w/ CM later and she confirmed that I needed to call back tomorrow with my 5 didgit promo number and when I asked directly about POR & POFQ she said "it's included for DV members". They may not include in the offer to the general public, but that is good enough for me... :cool1:

Oh, dear God! I hope they're right!! pixiedust:

Oh no, I know it wasn't there fault....that was just the icing for me...last year in Martinique they had changed over all the bed linens....you didn't even have a bedspread, only a sheet. We actually had the heater on because we were cold.

Again you will have that problem at all the resorts, they are switching to the sheets property wide:( the sheets are way more sanitary. You could have requested more blankets. Thinking to your other post, if you didn't like the room/resort you could have asked to be moved. Disney has the best CM's an customer service of anyone.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Could you please share what you love about it? Sorry, I just don't know anything about CBR. I have a 5 and 2 year old and am worried about the size.

Request Jamaica if your not paying for preferred. With little ones the main pool is truly the best. They have a zero entry pool and a separate pirate splash pool. They use to have live music on the pool deck area but as most Disney cuts in recent years across property tat was one of the cuts we miss. Now you just hear caribbean music throughout property. When your there it just feels like a tropical paradise. The landscaping is fabulous. The walking path going from Jamaica to food court (long way) has a trees and walking bridges that make it feel like a nature walk. When going to food court crossing the island,y kids really thought they were pirates living there when they were little. We don't mind that they have full beds and the full beds make the rooms feel huge. We stay for long trips so we like the floor space to spread out more than the bed space. Our kids are older now so we depend on the floor space for the blow up mattress we take for DS. We like mousekeeping at CBR, we have had the nicest ladies. Our last CM was at our door when we checked out to take pix with us.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

I hope things go good for everyone today! And I hope not long wait times. I. Drop my kids off at 7 then I will be on the phone on my way to work. Good thing I can use my cell at work!!

Good luck to everyone - I hope we all get through quickly and get the resorts we want.

I'm not sure I ever got clarification, are you required to stay at least 6 nights for the Fd today?:confused3

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter