Free Dining 2014 Discussion ~ Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Add me to the growing list of people disappointed that POR is not going to be included. :sad:

I help many friends book trips to WDW and earlier this week priced something out for a couple of friends. POR would have saved them about $700 over 2 rooms at Pop. Sadly tonight I had to email them and tell them that POR was not included this year. Too bad as it's the most economical answer for families of 5.

I'll keep my eyes open just in case POR is offered either now or later!

Hoping someone can answer this. I have to book with the GP. I'd like to book Pop online but want TS. Am I able to upgrade the dining through the website or do I have to phone to make that request. Has anyone done this in the past?

You can upgrade to the Plus Dining plan when booking free dining online (when it goes out to the GP). I have done it many times for many people.

I have not, but I'd just book it the way its offered, and call in a week or so when it dies down and add it. Unless of course its obvious when you are online that you can.

Thanks :) This is all new to me. I'm hoping as long as I book a dining plan that getting it upgraded will not be an issue. Good luck to you!

NO you are not the only one thinking it!!!

We were there last September and I didn't book BB because, you know, there was no way were going back this September....ummmmm what was I thinking???OF COURSE I'm going back to Disney :thumbsup2

I know, we were skipping Disney this year!!!:rotfl2: This year, if BB is offered, I'm jumping on it.

I do not believe you can do this online, but you have PLENTY of time to make that change. I'd book online so you can get your room quickly and then call a few days/a week later when it's more quiet and have them change it.

It can be done. It's just like adding on park hoppers or other add ons.

I need you all to tell me that WL is not worth paying $700 more (vs CS) :offtopic::scared::confused3

I have stayed at CBR and I liked it. I have not been to CS. Currently booked at POFQ with last years BB offer. I debated on upgrading to WL. Then I realized that we won't be in our rooms or at the resort enough to justify the cost. So, I booked Pirate Voyage at the Contemporary resort, La Nouba tickets, upgraded to the Water Parks and More tickets, and reserved beach chairs at Blizzard Beach for my son and I instead. In other words, think of all the experiences you could have with that $700! You will have to decide what is important for you and your family :)

Disney Visa Question

We are already booked at POR and I've paid about 50% or so of the balance. My daughter is going with me and on the reservation. She has a Disney Visa. I do not. I'm the lead "contact" or whatever you'd call it on the reservation.

If POR does turn out to be not an option as it appears, we'll switch to 2 rooms at Pop.

Will we able to book tomorrow? If so, would we need to make a Disney Visa payment? And how does having 2 rooms impact it as now she wouldn't be but in one of the rooms? Would we be able to get 2 rooms or just 1 would be able to be booked early?

Anyone with any experience for this?

Yes you can book tomorrow, Your daughter can use her Visa to book up to 3 rooms as long as your friends & family profile are showing ya'll are traveling together. She is able to use her DV to book up to 3 rooms reservations:thumbsup2

Thanks :) that is very reassuring. I just think I will probably have better luck online then by calling.
Cheers to you!

So RO would be a better discount for us but the dec dates for RO probably would not be released tomoro, so we should go ahead with FD just in case right? It's better than nth lol

I have stayed at CBR and I liked it. I have not been to CS. Currently booked at POFQ with last years BB offer. I debated on upgrading to WL. Then I realized that we won't be in our rooms or at the resort enough to justify the cost. So, I booked Pirate Voyage at the Contemporary resort, La Nouba tickets, upgraded to the Water Parks and More tickets, and reserved beach chairs at Blizzard Beach for my son and I instead. In other words, think of all the experiences you could have with that $700! You will have to decide what is important for you and your family :)

Wow! That is a really good point, I need to look into other experiences we can add. Fortunately my kids do not care where we stay...I am the one who is envisioning this perfect dream vacation that will be impossible to accomplish pixiedust:

We have a res for ROFQ for Sept 16-28. Should we just cancel, wait for FD to come out and then re-book for CB?

I'm a newbie to this.

I will tell you I do thinking the theming of cbr is nice...depending on how the busses are looping and what village you stay in can make or break your bussing there..... personally I would tell them Martinique or bust....
the pool is really neat and well taken care of along with the hot tub.... which are only located at the main pool. I really did not like the rooms but maybe I got a bad set of them... the staff was friendly .... we were almost as far as you could get from the food and that made the refillable mugs all but worthless. it was a 15 to 20 min walk maybe longer with kids and u needed the pop just to refresh you on the way back lol...
I have to say the play area in the island in the middle of the lake was very fun for the kids... and for a "carribean beach resort" themed place I was hoping for more... steel drum bands ...something actually at the beach.... things like that...It could have been there but I never saw it really.

Thanks for the review. I'm making myself and my husband crazy changing my mind between resorts. I only have a few hours to decide. Really like CBR but my concerns are confirmed by your review. The other one we're looking at is CSR, I need to look at how big it is. Also considering AS Movie. We've never done a economy resort before. Price difference is significant to our orginal choice of PO. $1000 for CBR or CSR or $1600 for ASMovie.

I just can't decide!!

Wow! That is a really good point, I need to look into other experiences we can add. Fortunately my kids do not care where we stay...I am the one who is envisioning this perfect dream vacation that will be impossible to accomplish pixiedust:
This is definitely a valid point. Kids don't care about hotel rooms or remember them. They'll remember those experiences much more.

After being bummed all day that PO won't offer the FD, we looked at some of the other offerings and think CBR looks quite charming. Only draw back I see is it looks huge and I'm exhuasted just thinking about getting from the bus to our room. Any comments on this resort?

We paid for a preferred at CBR because of the size. It was worth every penny. That place is massive and I'd hate to HAVE to catch a bus just to grab something to eat or drink.

I am going to get fired over free dining. It has consumed my life, and it isn't even the cheapest option for me. LOL
It is just nice going down with everything paid and not fretting every time it have to pay for something. Good luck in the am. I am escaping the madness till 7am.

I agree with you on not the cheapest option and liking not having to worry about how much this over price meal will cost me...
I read the boards like everyone else and there are the people that hate the deals say they shouldn't happen and this and that... then they go on about how they eat in the parks and don't nearly spend as much as dining cost and they have all the logistics to the cheapest places. I will be honest I am on vacation not a thrift shop run....I just want to enjoy it without having to worry about anything. plus the food is good..
totally unrelated story but i laugh so hard thinking about it i just felt with all this anxiety a bit of potty humor can be funny (nothing graphic and the names have been changed to protect the innocent)
except the crystal palace..place made me sick .... went to use the bathroom and for such a huge restaurant they have 2 stalls and a few urinals....warning don't read ahead you have been warned tmi... so I am in the stall using the facilities already feeling uncomfortable in this tiny sweaty bathroom... and in walks this father and his son and the little boy obviously could not tolerate the strange what appeared to be 1 dollar vegas buffet food served to him and he is complaining to his father that he really really has to go..as i look beneath the door i see two legs doing a shuffle step that would make fred Astaire do a double take.. so the dad comes up with a great game, they will count till a stall door opens... so now I am on a count down.... a race to the finish ... as I sit in my booth feeling the pressure build as though I am on jeopardy i can hear that music playing, i write down my final answer and try to exit the stall.. as i undo the latch the little boy throws the door open and in a moment of sheer panic and fear he thrashes for his button on his shorts hopping and jumping around doing his best to get his pants down while his father trying to side step me (which i was more then happy to leave) ... it happened. ....it was inbetween getting the zipper down and bending over to pull down his pants he hurdled himself on the toilet only for a unfortunate turn of events to befall him, the seat apparently slid causing him to fall from on high, thereby releasing the Kraken on land instead of sending it to davie jones. as i wash my hands i hear a very tired and frustrated father say "and that happened"

Do you think FD will be released to Disney Visa card holders tomorrow ? I am seeing some mixed thoughts...again. :confused: :worried:

I called Chase today. They gave me a code for value and a code for moderates and deluxe. They told me that it would work starting tomorrow. I also asked about dates and they confirmed the same dates that Joe has given us.

We have a party of 10. It's my understanding that the cardholder can reserve up to 3 rooms as long the other members of the party are linked with the cardholders account on MDE. Correct me if I am wrong about this, but this is why I spent last night creating an account for myself and another adult in our party and linked them to my DH's MDE account since he is the cardholder so hopefully we can book 3 mod rooms tomorrow. BTW if this is right then you will probably have to put $200 deposit down on all rooms

This is all completely accurate and correct and yes $200 deposit on each room.:thumbsup2

This is why people need to quit calling and wait 12 hours to see what is released! Calling over and over isn't going to change the offer!! Wouldn't surprise me if at least some of the cast members are just saying whatever to get through the calls....

I was actually calling about something else with my card..but thanks. and i got some good information that i otherwise wouldnt have gotten such as all the dates and details that i otherwise wouldnt have known for sure. andnot change the offer? yeah i know that...but some people were able to book it today so in my opinion it doesnt hurt to ask. to each his own though i guess...some people take the dis too seriously!:hippie:

Was there ever a write up of what phone number a Disney visa cardholder should call and the prompts to get through to an agent quickly?

I am sooooo exhausted by this whole thing. I have a POR booked with memory maker. BUT I would love FD to save about $600. Coronado Springs just doesn't appeal to :confused3 me . Part of me says keep it and move on enjoy the 20% room discount and MM (which I WOULD buy anyway ) or just go back to our old stand by at POP (which I would have to upgrade the dining to REGULAR, BUT WOULD save on the overall package staying at pop ) , however we stayed MOD last year for the first time and LOVE POR! Even tough we don't swim or spend a lot of time at the resort. IT was just nice. We are 2 adults.:confused3..PLUS I know there are real problems in the world so I feel silly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter