Free Dining 2008 Watch

This is probably a very biased group of people to ask, but what do you all think? I am trying to decide what is the most economical and best value for my money (I haven't compiled all exact numbers yet) For a family of 6 - 2 rooms at pop (or other value) and free dining, or get a condo off-site at Windsor Hills and have a pool with a slide, lots of space, a kitchen to cook some meals in . With off-site, I have to add the cost of a rental car. Anyone else run this comparison before?

We are also a group of 6. I ran and reran all the numbers for our trip this year. Last time we stayed offsite and ate breakfast everyday and a couple of dinners at the villa. This year I compared the same amount of time with 2 rooms at Pop/free dining vs the villa/parking/groceries/rental car/gas and staying at Pop is actually cheaper by over $400 for us. Without free dining we'll definately be offsite.

I noticed today that Disney has cancelled the Magical Beginings promotion this year. For those who don't know, it was a promotion offered late August-September (and maybe early Oct?) to bring more people into WDW--specifically families with pre-schoolers.

With the cancellation of that--it makes me wonder if they'll even offer free dining to the general public this year. Maybe the bounce-back/ UK free-dining booked enough people that there's no need to have any other promotions for September? :confused3

Thoughts?

Hoping for free dining as well. We'll go either way, but free dining definitely makes it more affordable.

My question is: What do you think they will do with annual pass people. We can now book dining with a room stay...Anyone have any insight?

In the past you had to book a package that included the room at rack rates and an admission ticket to qualify for the free dining. If free dining is offered this year, those requirements are unlikely to change.

When you book with an AP you are basically getting a room discount with dining added on. No way they are going to give you a room discount AND free dining.

The past two years, I've gotten a one day - one park pass and save it for when I need to renew my AP. The value of that ticket can be applied towards you AP purchase.

Hey free dining hopefuls:goodvibes
I got a room code for 40% off today that saved me almost a thousand dollars.
My TA said she would still try to get me free dining because it would save me an additional 150 or so.
She goes by a list of who booked with her first and I am really close to the top.. but I told her to pass me over and make sure someone who didn't get a code gets it. I know how much more fun we can have with the 1000 we saved... maybe someone else will get lucky too:grouphug:

Definately add us to the list of high hopes for the plan being offered....
2 adults/ 2 teens add up to a savings of almost $2200.00 !!!!
That puts the deluxe plan within reach by upgrade, staying at value resort.
Keeping fingers crossed!:scared:

My TA said she would still try to get me free dining because it would save me an additional 150 or so.
She goes by a list of who booked with her first and I am really close to the top.. but I told her to pass me over and make sure someone who didn't get a code gets it. I know how much more fun we can have with the 1000 we saved... maybe someone else will get lucky too:grouphug:

You will most likely NOT be able to combine your 40% code with free dining. You'd have to choose one or the other. WDW doesn't allow combining discounts.

Of course, you may be saying that free dining would save you more than the 40% code would, but that's not how I read your post. It's good for readers to know they can't combine, though.

Hiya!
I know I can't combine (but I also know many people don't realize that so it helps to mention it).
I just meant if she dropped the 40% code and switched me to free dining I would save a little bit more... but I would rather someone else got it ince I've already saved a thousand.:)

Hiya!
I know I can't combine (but I also know many people don't realize that so it helps to mention it).
I just meant if she dropped the 40% code and switched me to free dining I would save a little bit more... but I would rather someone else got it ince I've already saved a thousand.:)

What a nice and unselfish thought:) I wish there were more souls in the world like you:love:

Along with the current bounce back at the resorts Disney Visa has an offer:

Bounceback Discount Promotion

This offer is available ONLY to guests who are currently staying at one of the official Walt Disney World resorts, and could end at any time.

Using a special phone number provided on a flyer provided in some resort rooms, you can book a room for stays during selected 2008 low season dates (in January, February, March, April, August and September), at a Walt Disney World resort and receive a discount of 20% off rack rates at Value resorts; 30% off rack rates at Moderate and Deluxe resorts; or 40% off rack rates at DVC/Deluxe Villa resorts.

AND

Message from Disney Visa ...........

discount for visa card for 3-30 through April 12th

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just recieved this e-mail from disney visa.
$129 for moderates
$204 for OKW or SSR
code is FJT

Could this mean NO booking of free dining for September ????
Shouldn't the message be free dining for September for April booking ????

Boy I hope you get to stay in the CASTLE!!! :cheer2:

Thanks for the warm fuzzy.. it's been a busy morning and I needed that! :flower3:

wishing you lots of disney dreams on you vacation!! :grouphug:

Not sure if this was addressed yet or not (sooo much to read), but I was told by a co-worker of mine told me that the Free Dining Plan was only available if you booked with the Disney Chase Card. Is this true?

(PS This was also posted on another Free Dining thread..just thought I'd further my odds for a response)

That is not true (about the Disney Chase Card)

What is true that Disney Visa Card members have, in years past, been able to book a few days earlier than the general public (perhaps giving them a better chance for the resort of their choice), but it's always (since it's inception) been open for the general public to book too.

last year my TA told me early about free dinning, this year i have a new one and can't get any info out of her--- everyone really keeps this hush hush if they do know-- but April cannot get here fast enough!!:goodvibes

I have seen this on many, many threads. Please know when I type this that I'm really trying to be helpful and not snarky or snotty.

Does everyone know that they can subscribe to a thread without posting a message? If you look at the very top of the thread, there is a tab that says "Thread Tools". If you click on that dropdown, there is a choice that says "Subscribe to This Thread". Choose this, it will ask you to confirm and "voila!" you're subscribed (and I don't get another e-mail in my InBox) :)

Please, pass the word to our fellow DISers

I have seen this on many, many threads. Please know when I type this that I'm really trying to be helpful and not snarky or snotty.

Does everyone know that they can subscribe to a thread without posting a message? If you look at the very top of the thread, there is a tab that says "Thread Tools". If you click on that dropdown, there is a choice that says "Subscribe to This Thread". Choose this, it will ask you to confirm and "voila!" you're subscribed (and I don't get another e-mail in my InBox) :)

Please, pass the word to our fellow DISers

That is very cool, I didn't know that...Thanks;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter