• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

FP gone so fast??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soooo I just want to make sure we are clear, your assertion is that:

The OP is better off not getting a FP+ because under legacy FP you are thinking there would have been elbowing and pushing and shoving for the FPs ?

I will still maintain, even in this post apocalyptic Disney World we have imagined, that at least then the OP would have had the option of getting the FP under legacy.... go and push and shove and such and get his/her FP. Under FP+, they never even had a chance to get one.

Why didn't the OP have a chance to get one? A few threads later OP ends up getting one so to say they never even had a chance is just not true.

Why didn't the OP have a chance to get one? A few threads later OP ends up getting one so to say they never even had a chance is just not true.

Exactly- the chance still exists until the trip is virtually over. And I'd venture more often than not, people end up finding what they need.

Glad it worked out for you OP!

Last year on a Halloween Party day, we picked up one as our 4th FP at just before lunch time. The FP was for very early afternoon. Our toddler went into lunchtime meltdown at noon at the Columbia Harbor House as it was our last day there and she was over it. She fell asleep and instead of waking her, we decided to just go shop on our way out, cut our losses (she did so awesome with so many other characters already and Ariel was her holy grail anyways) and "Let It Go" to whomever was lucky enough to be checking MDE onsite.
So I guess my story is just one example of crazy things that happen day of that are un-planned. I never thought I'd get it as a 4th FP and never thought I'd give it back up.

Now we go again in Jan...we shall see if we get one or not.

Off-topic, but on-topic. I use FP+ now way more than I used FP- back then, because my Dad does not have a great knee and the idea of pulling a ticket somewhere that he later had to walk back to was unappealing. We often found he was happier to just stand in a 45 minute line right then and there than have to walk all over the place. It was usually only one time per day that I would go crazy speed walking/dodging people through the park to get one and come back for rides that were hour+ waits otherwise (like Soaring, Space Mtn, etc.)
Now I just get FP+ kind of based on what lands we will be in each day and group them together by area. Much nicer on everyone's legs :)
(I can't really say which I liked better, because with FP- I was basically a kid and not in charge of the trip, and now with FP+ I have a kid and I'm in charge-ish.)

THere is no certainty that any open up after they are gone at the 60 day mark. To argue that, because one became available later (due to a cancellation etc) is just ridiculous. If every single FP is booked before your 60 day mark, you are now hoping that someone gives up their FP you you can get one, that's not giving you an equal opportunity, and its not Disney giving you a chance to get one, thats someone else giving up theirs so you have a chance...

Nice try though.

THere is no certainty that any open up after they are gone at the 60 day mark. To argue that, because one became available later (due to a cancellation etc) is just ridiculous. If every single FP is booked before your 60 day mark, you are now hoping that someone gives up their FP you you can get one, that's not giving you an equal opportunity, and its not Disney giving you a chance to get one, thats someone else giving up theirs so you have a chance...

Nice try though.

No one ever claimed that you're guaranteed a fp+.

What is a certainty is that under the old system, once they were gone, they were gone and there was 0 possibility that you'd get one.

And bottom line is, the OP got the FP+ they needed. :)

What is a certainty is that under the old system, once they were gone, they were gone and there was 0 possibility that you'd get one.

Unless you were gifted one by somebody else which happened frequently I've gotten a few and given a few so not 0 either

If you cannot find FP+ for your whole party try to add it to one person at a time, trying to find times that overlap. I just did this for my own trip since I had last minute changes, and was able to get 4 7DMT FP+ for my whole party even though it said "distribution has ended for the day"

During Spring Break I was able to get FP+ for A&E on that day. So people do drop them and, just like on prom night, you may get lucky. So, just like on prom night, keep your hopes up!

Unless you were gifted one by somebody else which happened frequently I've gotten a few and given a few so not 0 either

Let me correct myself then- chances are probably next to nothing .

I don't think including the chances of being handed one by another guest or finding one on the ground as a chance is even close to reasonable. Lol

During Spring Break I was able to get FP+ for A&E on that day. So people do drop them and, just like on prom night, you may get lucky. So, just like on prom night, keep your hopes up!

LOL

The only person who would really want to meet them is my 5YO. Maybe we'll just skip the lovely sisters! I think there will be a lot going on to distract them.

LOL

The only person who would really want to meet them is my 5YO. Maybe we'll just skip the lovely sisters! I think there will be a lot going on to distract them.

Honestly, the signage on PFT, and particular the side that A&E is on, is pretty well "hidden", as the pictures themselves aren't very big. I think it would be easy to keep a 5 year old distracted and/or away from the area. And to tell you the truth, I think my 5 year old (boy) has enjoyed the singalong much more than the actual M&G.

But I do think if you're there on a party day, but not staying for the party, the best bet will be to jump in line at 6:00 or so. I think I'll offer that up to my kids instead of trying for a FP+ because I hate the thought of wasting a FP+ on a M&G. We know what rides we like and they're always fun, but we've had some less-than-stellar character M&Gs and when it's not a great experience, after struggling to get a FP+ and knowing you're giving up something that's going to be a lot of fun in it's place, it's hard not to feel a little bitter.

Nice try though.

You're posing a scenario in an "if" as if it makes your point, when that's not what happened. They did not run out at 60 days. They did not hit the availability until a few days later. So everyone had the same chance. We have proven over and over again that Disney opens up Fast Passes in batches. Some percentage goes on the market at 60+10, but then more go on consistently later. So if you get on at 60 and any are released, you should be able to get in then, but then even if not, you can, if you choose, continue to look and will most likely get them anyways. This was us w A&E. Got them well into the 60-day period w/ no problem. And then still barring that, if you are so committed to seeing A&E and you just cannot get any due to luck of the draw, you can still (just like in FP- days) show up at rope drop and go there first. There is no case to be made that a resort guest is getting locked out of seeing A&E. FP+ makes the A&E situation much better. Do you not remember the pre-FP+ days of A&E? It was horrendous.

Nice try though. :)

Ah, but you have claimed there is an "equal opportunity" to get them. The OP had NO opportunity to get them at their exact 60 day mark, the fact that they happened into them because someone else let them go isn't disney giving them a chance, its someone else giving them a chance.

You're posing a scenario in an "if" as if it makes your point, when that's not what happened. They did not run out at 60 days. They did not hit the availability until a few days later. So everyone had the same chance. We have proven over and over again that Disney opens up Fast Passes in batches. Some percentage goes on the market at 60+10, but then more go on consistently later. So if you get on at 60 and any are released, you should be able to get in then, but then even if not, you can, if you choose, continue to look and will most likely get them anyways. This was us w A&E. Got them well into the 60-day period w/ no problem. And then still barring that, if you are so committed to seeing A&E and you just cannot get any due to luck of the draw, you can still (just like in FP- days) show up at rope drop and go there first. There is no case to be made that a resort guest is getting locked out of seeing A&E. FP+ makes the A&E situation much better. Do you not remember the pre-FP+ days of A&E? It was horrendous.

The bold above is absolutely, untrue. You have proven nothing.

They did run out at 60 days. Some happened to open up again after the 60 day mark, but that doesn't mean they weren't all gone at 60 days.

In no other scenario would you make this claim. If I go to a car dealer, and buy up all the Mazda 3s they are getting that year, and someone else shows up the next day, they are in fact "all gone". Now if I return one a few days later, that doesn't mean when the second person went to Mazda they weren't all gone, they were, I just happened to put one back. (and don't bother with arguing the car dealer will get more stock later on, it doesn't apply, disney doesn't magically get more ride capacity).

The OP only got their FP because someone happened to return one to the system, that doesn't mean when they went to get them they weren't all gone, they were.

We aren't talking about being shut out of rope drop, or seeing an attraction, but straw man arguments are always great. We are talking about the ability of the OP to have an equal opportunity to get a FP as anyone else, which they don't have since people were able to book them 10 days before they were. Try to stay on topic if you want to discuss the issue further, otherwise there really isn't much point IMO.
I

Huh? I must have missed this. When and where was it proven over and over again that FPs are released in batches?

The OP had NO opportunity to get them at their exact 60 day mark, the fact that they happened into them because someone else let them go isn't disney giving them a chance, its someone else giving them a chance.

Who cares???? They got the fp+'s they needed. End of story. And this scenario plays itself out every day. This seems to irk you for some reason. The OP had difficulty getting what they needed, but long before their departure date, they were successful. I don't see a problem other than it worked.

Who cares???? They got the fp+'s they needed. End of story. And this scenario plays itself out every day. This seems to irk you for some reason. The OP had difficulty getting what they needed, but long before their departure date, they were successful. I don't see a problem other than it worked.

But for every report of someone who managed to get what they want in the end, how many were unable to? There's no way to define it as "equal opportunity" when others can legitimately take all of the available FPs before you are even eligible to attempt getting one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter