FP gone so fast??

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm talking about what the conditions would be if attempting to get a fp now with A&E.

Soooo I just want to make sure we are clear, your assertion is that:

The OP is better off not getting a FP+ because under legacy FP you are thinking there would have been elbowing and pushing and shoving for the FPs ?

I will still maintain, even in this post apocalyptic Disney World we have imagined, that at least then the OP would have had the option of getting the FP under legacy.... go and push and shove and such and get his/her FP. Under FP+, they never even had a chance to get one.

Last edited:
To be clear...I definitely witnessed full contact "stroller derby" at RD. But it wasn't anything that one couldn't give as good as they got. Never once stopped me from partaking. I see worse every Black Friday.

Soooo I just want to make sure we are clear, your assertion is that:

The OP is better off not getting a FP+ because under legacy FP you are thinking there would have been elbowing and pushing and shoving for the FPs ?

I will still maintain, even in this post apocalyptic Disney World we have imagined, that at least then the OP would have had the option of getting the FP under legacy.... go and push and shove and such and get his/her FP. Under FP+, they never even had a chance to get one.

The game was over before they were allowed to start playing.

A&E is different due to it's small capacity.

Unless you didn't get one and now you are rushing to be at the front of the standby line. Most people don't have time to stalk FP on MDE. I am glad that we met A&E last year and no one feels the need to do it again. Makes everything much easier.

Now you just have the stampede at rope drop and a massive standby line.

Availability seems so much more limited in the Fall/early Winter. We never had the kind of flexibility to change FP that other people reported. It really makes me wonder if we should start going at a different time of year.

We go during the Halloween/Christmas party time every year, and I had had A&E luck during both parties, but don't grab them because we have had them during the year already. My view on it is, just like an ADR, if I don't get it, some one else is getting to experience it the first time and I know with A&E how popular they are with little kids, I won't take it away if it means some one else's children get that magical experience. This next trip I have 2 per my niece's request, but we also have a 4 pass granted by Disney for whatever experience we want to have at any park...so I let one of those go incase she doesn't want to do it and we can just use the extra pass for it.

Going during the holidays are so magical. The party days suck for the fast passes being gobbled up. I haven't had an issue getting that one, for whatever reason, but as I said I have had it once this year already have another for this summer, so I won't be getting it again this year.

Keep checking though, I have had luck 24/48 hours in advance.

Just got on at 11pm central on the dot to make fp and no meet anna and Elsa and no electrical parade viewing all week. I know I know I know they are popular but all gone in 3 Seconds for September?? Am I missing something?
When I picked my fast passes every parade and fireworks option was gone. I was able to get Anna and Elsa though. Maybe if you try to move some times or picks around it will open up. Good luck

We go during the Halloween/Christmas party time every year, and I had had A&E luck during both parties, but don't grab them because we have had them during the year already. My view on it is, just like an ADR, if I don't get it, some one else is getting to experience it the first time and I know with A&E how popular they are with little kids, I won't take it away if it means some one else's children get that magical experience. This next trip I have 2 per my niece's request, but we also have a 4 pass granted by Disney for whatever experience we want to have at any park...so I let one of those go incase she doesn't want to do it and we can just use the extra pass for it.

Going during the holidays are so magical. The party days suck for the fast passes being gobbled up. I haven't had an issue getting that one, for whatever reason, but as I said I have had it once this year already have another for this summer, so I won't be getting it again this year.

Keep checking though, I have had luck 24/48 hours in advance.
Wow, that's a nice thing to do. I just had to say so. :)

I said me...I wouldn't presume to tell someone else when they are or are not better off. I simply suggest that the scene where people have no chance at all of getting a fp if they aren't at the machine and early would be unacceptable to me. The OP still stands some chance of securing a fp+. Her chances are certainly not gone.

The elbowing and pushing description was not mine- but I don't disagree. I've seen worse behavior than a little pushing and elbowing at WDW. It's something that does not intimidate me, but I don't behave in that manner and I'm not subjecting my grandson to it.

I said me...I wouldn't presume to tell someone else when they are or are not better off. I simply suggest that the scene where people have no chance at all of getting a fp if they aren't at the machine and early would be unacceptable to me. The OP still stands some chance of securing a fp+. Her chances are certainly not gone.

The elbowing and pushing description was not mine- but I don't disagree. I've seen worse behavior than a little pushing and elbowing at WDW. It's something that does not intimidate me, but I don't behave in that manner and I'm not subjecting my grandson to it.

I just didn't see where OP asked if she would be better off in a fictional legacy FP situation vs. now. I thought she just lamented the fact that she couldn't get the FPs she was looking for. Certainly, her situation is disappointing, but if I wanted to, I could compare it to any number of unpleasant things, and this situation would compare favorably. I just don't know how that's relevant or helpful.

I'm sorry you've had that violent experience at WDW. If I had seen such things, I don't think I'd be keen to go back and subject my daughter to it. I don't doubt that there are incidents at WDW. We've seen some reported here and even on the news. I just think they've got to be the exception, not the rule.

I forgot to book FP at midnight and only remembered the next morning. We're going the week of Labor Day (which I know is very low), but every option (including A&E, 7DMT, parades, and fireworks) was still available at 11am the next morning. If this hasn't been suggested, maybe try smaller numbers of people and try and get overlapping times?

On site stays get plus 10. Not just AP holders. Just have to already have the tickets purchased and linked to take advantage. If you don't, then you can't even at 60.

I don't have first hand knowledge about AP Holders, but @mesaboy2 FP thread says this:

6. Annual Pass (AP) holders can prebook attractions up to 60 days in advance of the beginning of an onsite stay, for a maximum of 7 days or the length of the onsite stay--whichever is greater. As with above, FP+ selections can be made for the entire length of stay.

So you can get at least 60+7 or more if you are staying longer up to 14.

For onsite guests without an AP....
2. Onsite guests (which includes those staying at the Swan and Dolphin but not at Shades of Green nor any Downtown Disney-area hotels) can prebook attractions up to 60 days in advance of the beginning of an on-site stay and for their entire trip. In other words, at 60 days before a check-in date one can make FP+ selections for the entire trip--up to 14 days. This can be done via the MDE/MDX website or app. FP+ can be prebooked for the number of days equal to the guest’s linked ticket.

So for these guests it's linked to the onsite stay and number of days on their tickets.

The thread is here:
http://www.disboards.com/threads/fa...ed-priorities-and-strategies-part-ii.3326057/

PS. It's a great thread, tons of information. First two post are a must read.

I forgot to book FP at midnight and only remembered the next morning. We're going the week of Labor Day (which I know is very low), but every option (including A&E, 7DMT, parades, and fireworks) was still available at 11am the next morning. If this hasn't been suggested, maybe try smaller numbers of people and try and get overlapping times?
Really good point.

And when I booked, I couldn't get SDMT at 60 days out (midnight of course), but around 55-57 days, I was able to get it with overlapping times.

I don't have first hand knowledge about AP Holders, but @mesaboy2 FP thread says this:

6. Annual Pass (AP) holders can prebook attractions up to 60 days in advance of the beginning of an onsite stay, for a maximum of 7 days or the length of the onsite stay--whichever is greater. As with above, FP+ selections can be made for the entire length of stay.

So you can get at least 60+7 or more if you are staying longer up to 14.

For onsite guests without an AP....
2. Onsite guests (which includes those staying at the Swan and Dolphin but not at Shades of Green nor any Downtown Disney-area hotels) can prebook attractions up to 60 days in advance of the beginning of an on-site stay and for their entire trip. In other words, at 60 days before a check-in date one can make FP+ selections for the entire trip--up to 14 days. This can be done via the MDE/MDX website or app. FP+ can be prebooked for the number of days equal to the guest’s linked ticket.

So for these guests it's linked to the onsite stay and number of days on their tickets.

The thread is here:
http://www.disboards.com/threads/fa...ed-priorities-and-strategies-part-ii.3326057/

PS. It's a great thread, tons of information. First two post are a must read.

Yes to the bolded. I am aware of this.

Maybe I read the OP wrong, but I thought they were asking if Only AP holders get the +10 (or actually +14) advantage.

Now upon reading again, I may have misunderstood his inquiry.

Question for @LetsTalkWDW and @LaurenT : Is this only for people with an AP and staying on-site? So people with AP's and on=site can start booking at 74 days out (if trip is 14 day. 73 if 13 and so on). But those staying on-site without an AP can only start at 60. So I'm staying 9 days on-site in Nov. I don't have an AP so I start at 60 days but if I had an AP I could start at 69? Is that correct?[/B]

(Accidentally bolded and tried to fix...unsuccessfully.)
I thought the whole point was 60 days from the FIRST day of the stay and then up to however many days after as you said.

In fact, this is precisely how my trip played out for May and how Mesaboy has answered questions regarding open windows in the past. Just rechecked his link.

So I am confused by those suggesting the AP window is additional time before the check in date. Which is what this inquiry seems to be asking. Again, maybe I am misreading the question, but it reads as though AP holders staying on site get an earlier window. But they don't. Their window starts at 60 and then goes out the extra days.

So for this guest, his window opens at 60 and he has up to 60+9 for which he can book. No different than an AP person (since their additional window days are day 10 and beyond).

My only hope for the Norway A&E is that by the time my family goes again (2018?), my kids will be over A&E, so the FP+s won't be as big a deal. As of right now, I will be up at midnight on Monday trying to get A&E for the kids in our party plus one adult for the last day of our trip, though as I watch the Dibbs site every day, the chances of getting it are slim.
I wish you good luck. I knew what to expect, but I can't help but admit I was even shocked that at 00:01, NOTHING. I did get in on my 5th of 6th day but ONLY by doing Pirate Kenny's advice with splitting the parties...so instead of 5 for A&E at a specific time, I have 2 for them at certain window, then 3 for them 20min later..the overlap means we can still go in at same time. I must say I'm so grateful for that tip, however, that is still redtape. Because of that, the rest of the FP+ had to be set up that way..I was a bitter Betty!

I wish you good luck. I knew what to expect, but I can't help but admit I was even shocked that at 00:01, NOTHING. I did get in on my 5th of 6th day but ONLY by doing Pirate Kenny's advice with splitting the parties...so instead of 5 for A&E at a specific time, I have 2 for them at certain window, then 3 for them 20min later..the overlap means we can still go in at same time. I must say I'm so grateful for that tip, however, that is still redtape. Because of that, the rest of the FP+ had to be set up that way..I was a bitter Betty!

I will try to split us up if I cannot get anything. I am grateful for the tips and advice that I get here. Otherwise I do not think that I would have any chance at all of getting them.

Wow, that's a nice thing to do. I just had to say so. :)

Thank you! :) It's just how I view it, rather be fare than be selfish only to not use it. All though I enjoy my interactions I have had with both the sisters from Arendale. My picture is of my first Elsa encounter, she seemed to be able to tell I had been on Splash Mountain at some point that day. ;) Plus she told me in March you get a birthday cake for each year you have been alive. haha :p

AP holders only get 30 days in advance for 7 days of passes. IF we choose to stay onsite, we get 60 days just like any other resort guest. But if we stay offsite or just come in for the day, it's 30 days. (I am an AP holder out of state)

Can someone explain why according to the Dibb site, the mine train is unavailable just for Sept 13 and 15 but not any other day the first two weeks of Sept or last week of August? I know Sept 15 is the halloween party so early close but Sept 13 has normal hours. Does the reduction in available fast passes that was discussed earlier start that third week of Sept or are those two days going to be stupid crowded?

Really good point.

And when I booked, I couldn't get SDMT at 60 days out (midnight of course), but around 55-57 days, I was able to get it with overlapping times.
I think the overlapping times is a great strategy that most people wouldn't know about.

Those two days had better not be stupid crowded. :) I'm there the 13th and booked at midnight. Got 7DMT with no problem. Now if only I could get BoG lunch... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter