• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

FP gone so fast??

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm talking about what the conditions would be if attempting to get a fp now with A&E.

It would look exactly the same as it does now. Right now, CMs walk the crowd back towards FL where most people head to either 7DMT or A&E. If there was legacy FP, the CMs would still walk everyone back and some of those people would choose to head to the FP machine instead.

I'm sure the OP feels much better now about not getting that FP.

Hopefully, she'll keep trying and something will open up for her. The suggestion of overlapping times is a good one.

Yes to the bolded. I am aware of this.

Maybe I read the OP wrong, but I thought they were asking if Only AP holders get the +10 (or actually +14) advantage.

So I am confused by those suggesting the AP window is additional time before the check in date. Which is what this inquiry seems to be asking. Again, maybe I am misreading the question, but it reads as though AP holders staying on site get an earlier window. But they don't. Their window starts at 60 and then goes out the extra days.

So for this guest, his window opens at 60 and he has up to 60+9 for which he can book. No different than an AP person (since their additional window days are day 10 and beyond).

That was exactly what I was asking. If AP onsite guest has advantages over non-AP (who has park tickets for length of stay). It appeared as though some were saying they do. Thanks for the clarification.

That was exactly what I was asking. If AP onsite guest has advantages over non-AP (who has park tickets for length of stay). It appeared as though some were saying they do. Thanks for the clarification.

But they do if their stay is beyond 10 days. Onsite gets 60+10, APs get length of stay up to 60+14. So yes, an AP has advantage over Onsite only.

I don't have a problem with this, an AP earns some advantage, but its not an equal playing field.

It actually means that APs have up to a 14 day jump on anyone else booking FPs.

Just did ours for our September trip.. Mine Train already gone for our arrival day (9/15). The WDW site was really glitchy as usual. When I first tried to make reservations, it told me ALL FP+ was out for Tuesday and Wednesday of that week. I said that couldn't be right and reloaded the page in Firefox instead of Chrome... Kind of silly.

Edit: We've been trying for BOG reservations, too. I have checked almost every day for months now to no avail. I don't think it adds joy or anticipation to the trip. It kind of makes me feel antagonistic toward Disney TBH.

How's Seven Dwarfs availability? I want to book It for a morning in late October?

Our 60 day window opened Tuesday at 12:00am and I was on the site at exactly midnight. I went on and was easily able to get FP+ for Seven Dwarfs for all 4 days that we're currently spending at MK. I later went on and booked for friends and Seven Dwarfs was available for their 2 days too.

The only one I had problems with was Anna and Elsa. I couldn't get them for any of us for the first 6 days of our trip but could get FP+ reservations for the 7th and 8th days of our trip.

Just did ours for our September trip.. Mine Train already gone for our arrival day (9/15). The WDW site was really glitchy as usual. When I first tried to make reservations, it told me ALL FP+ was out for Tuesday and Wednesday of that week. I said that couldn't be right and reloaded the page in Firefox instead of Chrome... Kind of silly.

Edit: We've been trying for BOG reservations, too. I have checked almost every day for months now to no avail. I don't think it adds joy or anticipation to the trip. It kind of makes me feel antagonistic toward Disney TBH.
This was posted on another thread by englanddg :
http://www.disboards.com/threads/mm-never-materialized.3427982/page-16#post-54036300

I think You'll like it. The only question I have is which one if the parody of MDE?

But they do if their stay is beyond 10 days. Onsite gets 60+10, APs get length of stay up to 60+14. So yes, an AP has advantage over Onsite only.

I don't have a problem with this, an AP earns some advantage, but its not an equal playing field.

That wasn't his question.

I don't believe this is correct. I believe both can get 60 + 14. At least that's what the @mesaboy2 thread says.

Plus, that 60+14 window continues to roll until the end of and AP holders onsite stay. So if I have a stay ending September 1st, on September 1st I can book FP+s for the next 74 days, until November 14th. On September 2nd, after checkout, the window reverts back to 30 days, but you keep the FP+s that you made before the window closed.

I had assumed that the 60 day window ended with the end of the stay, but when I was planning for our trip in June, I realized that wasn't the case. I think with regular ticket holders, the 60 day window ends with the last day of the onsite stay, correct?

Our 60 day window opened Tuesday at 12:00am and I was on the site at exactly midnight. I went on and was easily able to get FP+ for Seven Dwarfs for all 4 days that we're currently spending at MK. I later went on and booked for friends and Seven Dwarfs was available for their 2 days too.

The only one I had problems with was Anna and Elsa. I couldn't get them for any of us for the first 6 days of our trip but could get FP+ reservations for the 7th and 8th days of our trip.
Awesome, thanks.

This was posted on another thread by englanddg :
http://www.disboards.com/threads/mm-never-materialized.3427982/page-16#post-54036300

I think You'll like it. The only question I have is which one if the parody of MDE?

YUP. That about sums it up!

As an update, I went back on the site just now, and I was able to switch out Peter Pan for Mine Train on our arrival day @ like 6 p.m. It's better than no mine train, but still not the time I was hoping for. But hey, I'll take it! I'll keep checking back. It's far better than trying to get BOG reservations... that's like Mission Impossible, apparently, or I suppose more like the lottery.

A lot of time frames are still available for Mine Train on day four of our trip. So that's good news for other folks. If you're planning it for your first day, it might not work out, but if you're planning for a later day, seems you'll likely get it. In theory. Unless WDW tells you at midnight that ALL of the FP+ are gone for both first days of your trip... Oh, Disney...

Mine opened at the same time and it was the same thing for me with Anna and Elsa - only got late in the afternoons for them on the 7th and 8th days of our trip. Going to keep trying to change to an earlier time if possible because we are taking twin 2 year olds and didn't plan on staying all afternoon in the parks. But maybe that day we will just go late if we can't get an earlier time.

First, we are staying 13 nights (U.S. visitors) and last night were able to book FPs for any day in those 14 we will be onsite, but after I made 10 days worth I could not make any more. Not a problem because we have 10 day tickets, but if we were going to upgrade to annual passes (like we did one year), we wouldn't be able to get FPs for those extra days till we get there.

Second, I was able to get Mine Train and Anna & Elsa for any day we wanted. I just had to separate out the 4 people and book them as overlapping times. I was even able to get morning times for the 2nd day of our trip.

Because we booked closer than 180 I had a hard time with BOG as well, but I was able to get in for lunch. A few things I've noticed:

1. If you look at 2-3 days out from the day it is (like right now search July 24, 25, 26) you'll see at least lunch and sometimes multiple times almost every day. I think people cancel as it gets closer to their trip and their plans are more solidified...so even if you don't get one until right before your trip, I would bet that you will be able to.

2. For some reason when I've seen one open up for my trip they've opened up late at night between 11:00 and midnight (it's happened twice...I first got one at 2:30, but didn't really want to eat that late and then a few days later was able to get one at 11:00 a.m...still hoping to find one closer to 12-12:30 instead, but I'll take 11 over 2:30)

3. I do acknowledge that I'm only searching for a party of 2, so if you have more people in your party, that may affect it as well.

I was one at midnight at 60 days and there was not even a single A+E FP available. The next day, there was two at 9:00 PM. I could have grabbed them I guess but then it would be me and my 5YO going back to the park at 9 PM? No way.

I think my problem is that I only have a 7-day stay and 5 days worth of tickets. So I never had a chance to get A+E :(

Y'all were right, I just kept checking and found that anna and Elsa and electrical parade became available after a few days. there are still some of both left for sept 17 if anyone is looking!
(The DIBB says they aren't available but it shoes up on mde!)
YAY OP!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter