FP+ future and resort tier allotments

JohnDaleswife

Sharing the same birthday with Donald Duck!
At some point in time I believe that all of the most popular rides and attractions will be required to have a FP+ reservation in order to ride. Very possibly no stand by line at all. Then Disney will allot how many FP+ you get and how soon you get them based on your resort level tier.

This will encourage people to stay on site. And giving Disney the ability to weed out most discounts completely! Its all about the bottom line.

Well I think it will, but don't really know if I will be happy or not. :rolleyes:
I think it might take more time to roll out though. I mean Universal is already doing this very thing with their pass with the deluxe resorts vs the value one. I'm sure Disney has taken note.

If Disney did that, it sure would go against what policy has always been. Resort level is based on the amenities you get....while at that resort. But once you get to the park entrance, all guests are supposed to be equal. With the way things are going at Disney currently, I can see them keeping the FP+ system as it is now....same for everyone. BUT...with the addition of a FP+ pkg...anyone could buy it. You would get a certain number of passes based on what you paid. With all the addtl special parties and events within the parties, I can just imagine Disney doing something like this.

At some point in time I believe that all of the most popular rides and attractions will be required to have a FP+ reservation in order to ride. Very possibly no stand by line at all. Then Disney will allot how many FP+ you get and how soon you get them based on your resort level tier.

This will encourage people to stay on site. And giving Disney the ability to weed out most discounts completely! Its all about the bottom line.

Though I haven't seen a thread on this recently, this idea has been batted around here for years now. It usually degenerates into:

- one group claiming that the parks are part of the overall WDW onsite resort experience and as such should include perks (such as additional FP) inside the parks, and

- another group claiming that everyone pays the same amount to get in the parks and as such there should be no such perks for onsite stays.

With that, time to get the popcorn. ;)

Years ago when they were developing this program there was an executive that mentioned exactly that being the end game. I remember there being a huge thread about it.

So yes, it will happen.

Remember when people were saying they'd never get rid of the paper fast passes? Or that they would never get rid of KTTW cards?

I agree.
I don't think they will tier by onsite resort though.
Just onsite vs everyone else (offsite tourist or local)

Yeah and their will be peace in the Middle East. Never going to happen. Maybe give the ability to purchase extra FP+ slots, sure.

To change their entire business model basically wiping out every single guest that doesn't stay on site, no company is that stupid.

Years ago when they were developing this program there was an executive that mentioned exactly that being the end game. I remember there being a huge thread about it.

So yes, it will happen.

Remember when people were saying they'd never get rid of the paper fast passes? Or that they would never get rid of KTTW cards?

I think there was talk about a different number of FPs for different resort guests, but I don't remember that including a discussion about the elimination of standby lines.

And, yes, there were some people who said paper FP wouldn't be going away, but it never made sense that they would run two FP systems in parallel indefinitely. Once WDW started moving toward RFID and implementing the FP+ test, the end of paper FP was clearly in sight.

There were also people who were sure that offsite guests would never have the ability to make FP+ reservations in advance and that guests would never be able to make additional FP+ reservations at the park.

To clarify, I don't think they will wipe out all FPs for non-onsite customers. I could see something like this happening...

Let's say they give a bonus FP out to onsite. We know that have that functionality in the system because they tested it last year at MK. With the booking windows as is 60/30, essentially they would be taking prime FPs away from non-onsite and giving them to onsite.

Going to FP-only would help them do this without creating crazy standby lines. Giving onsite one bonus FP would help them fill the hotels and probably allow them to charge more/decrease discounts.

Not saying I think this is going to happen, but I can see a scenario where things just slowly progress to something like this. I don't think things are done here.

I'm not sure why people think that this would wipe out offsite guests. Onsite guests are still limited to three FP+ in advance and they have to use them before getting a fourth. Whatever advantage onsite guests are given, as long as they keep the three FP+ limit, there will be FP+ left for offsite guests. Will it be just as good staying offsite as staying onsite? Maybe not. But people will still stay offsite and still visit Disney.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter