• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

FP+ Details Are Out!

ok, I just really haven't tried to learn about this because I'm in denial that it's ever going to happen...plus I just plain don't like it.

But, will the regular fast pass machines still be there? So you can set up 3 experiences in 1 park up to 60+ days in advance but you'll also still be able to get a regular fastpass?
Otherwise, what's the point in getting park hoppers?

Nobody knows as far as I'm aware. I've never even been to the parks so never used normal FP but I've been following the whole FP+ thing. From what I understand it's been said that they will be "mutually exclusive". A lot of people took this to mean you had to use one or the other. But it could also mean one is not affected by the other. It depends how you interpret it. xD We're all just waiting to see...Those in the test phase have been allowed to use both.

Beyond that, this is an actual upside that I hadn't thought of!

Scheduling the 3 FP+ for the evening in one park, then hitting rope drop in another is going to be a good strategy.

The hopper question, is why I'm a bit curious about their 1 park rule. Almost seems like they're trying to reduce the incentives for the hoppers for some odd reason.

I think it's more about how many FP+ slots are ultimately available. Some already think it's going to be stretch to have any headliner slots available at all on short notice. It would be even worse if we can book slots in 2 or more parks in one day at 60 days out.

I'm actually looking forward to this in a twisted sort of way. The idea of being able to book my FP+ for the park I plan to hop to in the evening will allow my nights to be that much more productive.

I'm a rope drop gal, so honestly FPs are never *essential* for me in my first park unless I'm there during a holiday week since we can knock out the headliners by 10:30 or so with minimal lines.

But the thought of being able to hop to DHS for the evening and do TOT, TSMM and ST with no wait... :lovestruc

I agree. We usually do an in-park, pre-open breakfast to get a jump on crowds and complete the most popular rides by noon then take things slower, but having FP scheduled for late afternoon or evening in the same or different park sounds great.

Nobody knows as far as I'm aware. I've never even been to the parks so never used normal FP but I've been following the whole FP+ thing. From what I understand it's been said that they will be "mutually exclusive". A lot of people took this to mean you had to use one or the other. But it could also mean one is not affected by the other. It depends how you interpret it. xD We're all just waiting to see...Those in the test phase have been allowed to use both.

While the tests are allowing the use of both, the terms and conditions on the WDW website say this:

"once you convert the tickets or pass to FP+, you will no longer be able to participate in the regular fastpass system in the parks."

I think they are allowing it during the tests to avoid complaints if the FP+ system doesn't work as planned for the guests participating in those tests.

I wonder if all guests on the same reservation have to use FP+ at the same park. For example, there are 6 of us going in December. If 4 of us wanted to ride EE at AK during the day and the other 2 wanted to do ToT in the evening, I wonder if that would work.

I'm torn between praying this doesn't go live until after our trip so the kinks get worked out before we go again and hoping it goes live soon so I just know how the heck it's all going to work! The not knowing is excruciating.

Is anyone else as lost and confused as me with this whole FP plus thing. I just don't get how it will make things better. To me it makes things confusing and is taking the fun out of going to WDW. Maybe I am missing something. :confused3. Sometimes its hard enough to get to an evening ADR, I can't imagine trying to figure out 60days out what time I want to ride a specific ride. We may go this Sept. and I really hope this is NOT up and running yet.

Ouch AP holders better hold onto thier bands, $50 after the first one to replace. :eek:

Thanks for sharing!

Out here at Disneyland, replacing a lost or stolen AP costs around $40 right now and that's for a plastic card. So $50 doesn't sound too bad. What I want to know is if you don't want a wristband, can you simply use the RFID card instead? I can't stand wearing anything on my wrist and since it also has an RFID chip in it, I don't see why that wouldn't work.

I wonder if all guests on the same reservation have to use FP+ at the same park. For example, there are 6 of us going in December. If 4 of us wanted to ride EE at AK during the day and the other 2 wanted to do ToT in the evening, I wonder if that would work.

When I make ADRs using the new system (MDE), I get to pick exactly which members of my group are going to be there. I'd bet the FP+ reservations will work the same way.

Questions that I still have:

1. If one can reserve three, FP+ per day at a given park, can all 3 be headliners? (when they tested the system, they generally allowed only one headliner in EP, HS, and AK, and two headliners in MK)

2. Does the system dictate the return times once you enter your preferred time of day (morning, mid-day, evening, or all-day) and preferred three attractions?

3. If one has a resort reservation but gets their tickets elsewhere (e.g., they book "room only" and have tickets through UT) will they still have access to 60 days + 10 (FWIW, when they tested the system, we had ticketless packages and they still gave us access to the test)

So what happens if you book something. Like splash mountain, thunder and something else and the day ends up raining and just being horrible so you decide nvm today will be a done day. Now you lost your fastpass time or decide that's not the park you want to do that day. I'm not sure if I like it.

I'm hoping it doesn't roll out before our September trip. I know it's petty but DD is going to want a blue band and we're going to use 'old' unused tickets this trip and then upgrade to an AP - if she gets a gray band (because it sounds like that will be all that is onsite) I'll probably never hear the end of it.

I'm not loving the one park per day gig - we PH daily and love the flexibility of it all. Sigh - OK done whining - I'm going to stick my head in the sand and hope it's not live until October so I don't have to deal with it until everyone else has helped Disney work out the kinks :worship:

Well, just in case, take a look at the MagicBand Accessories that you can buy: http://blog.wdwinfo.com/2013/06/20/magicband-accessories-revealed/ So if gray is what she gets then you'll just have to fork out $$ for a coverband to make her happy...or maybe that's to make YOU happy. From the pictures there is a blue one.....but it's only showing in the 3 pack (though that could just be that they didn't photograph every one individually...fingers crossed for you).

So what happens if you book something. Like splash mountain, thunder and something else and the day ends up raining and just being horrible so you decide nvm today will be a done day. Now you lost your fastpass time or decide that's not the park you want to do that day. I'm not sure if I like it.

In that case, you can change your park or ride as long as you do it before your first FP+ time.

"You will be able to modify your selected park until you use your first FASTPASS+. Once you use the first FASTPASS+ you can then only modify your remaining FASTPASS+ reservations at that park, and cannot switch park."

Wouldn't that be the exact same if you physically pulled the FP while in the park? Plus, you can change them before you use the first one so if the forecast is horrible, don't book any or book at a time when the weather is supposed to be better.

so we have a limit of 3 FP+ reservations up to 60 days out. can anyone confirm language that will not allow additional same day FP+? i gotta think they will allow sameday FP+ in addition to the 3 pre-booked FP+. It would seem to me that pre-booking and in park booking are two different categories. I hope the limit of 3 FP+ refers only to the pre-book and not inclusive of in-park FP+. 3 per day is quite limiting and with FP ultimately being phased out, I really believe that there won't be a total limit per day of 3 FP+, it just doesn't make sense.

Even with magicbands or RFID cards, there will still be guests who have no clue what or how to use FP+ and think it is a VIP perk that cost money. There will still be those who learn how to maximize the system and those who don't even know it exists. It's called human nature.

I'm actually looking forward to this in a twisted sort of way. The idea of being able to book my FP+ for the park I plan to hop to in the evening will allow my nights to be that much more productive.

I'm a rope drop gal, so honestly FPs are never *essential* for me in my first park unless I'm there during a holiday week since we can knock out the headliners by 10:30 or so with minimal lines.

But the thought of being able to hop to DHS for the evening and do TOT, TSMM and ST with no wait... :lovestruc

VERY good point! Save FP allotments for the park you hop to later.

so we have a limit of 3 FP+ reservations up to 60 days out. can anyone confirm language that will not allow additional same day FP+? i gotta think they will allow sameday FP+ in addition to the 3 pre-booked FP+. It would seem to me that pre-booking and in park booking are two different categories. I hope the limit of 3 FP+ refers only to the pre-book and not inclusive of in-park FP+. 3 per day is quite limiting and with FP ultimately being phased out, I really believe that there won't be a total limit per day of 3 FP+, it just doesn't make sense.

I won't be surprised if we hear little or nothing about in-park FP+ availability until after they roll everything out and see how many people actually book in advance. I'd think in-park same day FP+ will almost completely depend on the numbers of advance reservations they are getting.

That's assuming that the "tiered" system doesn't get put into place which may then only allow you to FP one of those 3.

If they use tiers, you might get to do TOT, TSMM, OR ST with no wait.

Imagination is one of the best things.

If you hop to EPCOT, you will defintely be able to ride Imagination with no wait! :rotfl:

Questions that I still have:

1. If one can reserve three, FP+ per day at a given park, can all 3 be headliners?

Not likely if the tiered system is implemented. Choose one and wait in long standby lines for the others.

This is the $64,000 question.

But even if you can get more the day of your visit, how easy will it be to get them for popular rides? Those will likely be pre-booked all day.

I agree with pp who labeled it "vacation crippling limitations." :worried:

Wouldn't that be the exact same if you physically pulled the FP while in the park? Plus, you can change them before you use the first one so if the forecast is horrible, don't book any or book at a time when the weather is supposed to be better.

Not really. 60 days out I'm going to book the headliners. If I wake up the day off and want to fp+ a new park alot if the headlines might be gone. Where as if I just walk into the park with regular FP there might still be some left.

Oh dear God...if this thing is up and running for my Dec trip (with the inlaws...15 of us in total) it will be a new added nightmare to planning this trip (we just almost had a family blow up over planning our ADRs). Please, please, please do NOT have FP+ running for Dec!!!!!!! Do you hear me Mouse?!?!?!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter