FP+ Details Are Out!

Thanks for posting!

"AP holders will have the same FASTPASS+ rules as resort guests, with 60 days out reservations, for one park only per day, and three selections per day."

I think this is the first clarification of how they will handle APs. They don't really say anything about non-resort guests though. Of course, it could all change.

If you do not have a My Disney Experience account setup you will not be able to use FASTPASS+.

Fabulous. Can't wait to hear when Canadians will get the luxury of being able to access the MDE site.:rolleyes1

So, nothing new really (with the exception of the AP blub). The same vacation crippling limitations are in place and an even broader description of the window, suggesting that you won't even be able to reliably plan any FP+s near any ADRs (if you have a 4:30 CP ADR and you pick "mid-day", what's stopping the system from giving you a conflicting time? This assumes the old 1 hour windows and now a new-fangled "Return between 10:30am and 5:00pm" for the "mid-day" selection or something of that nature).

Can't say that I'm looking forward to it. Hopefully things do change and improve before my first trip after it goes live. (e.g. I'm doubting it'll be up this Oct, so the first trip after that, which would likely be 2015).

Fabulous. Can't wait to hear when Canadians will get the luxury of being able to access the MDE site.:rolleyes1

Ooh in case you missed my post in the Canadian trip planning forum, here's the online chat I had with a WDW CM yesterday:

Me: Yes, I'm in Canada and we do not have access to the new Disney World website with the My Disney Experience page. Any idea when we will able to use it?

Olin: Hi there! No specific rollout date for My Disney Experience® in Canada has been announced just yet. We do, however, expect it in the near future.

Me: Can you give me a ball park idea of when that could happen?

Olin: I can't really speculate other than sometime this year when MyMagic®+ is out of testing and rolled out to all guests.

Me: So once MyMagic+ is rolled out to everyone, we will be able to see it then too? Just worried that we would be locked out of pre-booking FastPass+ reservations for our trip in August!

Olin: I totally understand! Yes, it should be released as MyMagic®+ is fully rolled out, as currently all of those systems, including Disney FastPass®+, are still under testing.

Can't say that I'm looking forward to it. Hopefully things do change and improve before my first trip after it goes live. (e.g. I'm doubting it'll be up this Oct, so the first trip after that, which would likely be 2015).

I don't like the way they describe the selection process. I'd like to think MDE would take your ADR's into account when offering up available FP+ times, but I know that's going out on a limb based on the history of Disney's tech systems. :)

I'm interested how they are going to deal with split stays, six days and three resorts does that mean multiple Magic Bands?!:confused3

Ouch AP holders better hold onto thier bands, $50 after the first one to replace. :eek:

Thanks for sharing!

Ooh in case you missed my post in the Canadian trip planning forum, here's the online chat I had with a WDW CM yesterday:

Me: Yes, I'm in Canada and we do not have access to the new Disney World website with the My Disney Experience page. Any idea when we will able to use it?

Olin: Hi there! No specific rollout date for My Disney Experience® in Canada has been announced just yet. We do, however, expect it in the near future.

Me: Can you give me a ball park idea of when that could happen?

Olin: I can't really speculate other than sometime this year when MyMagic®+ is out of testing and rolled out to all guests.

Me: So once MyMagic+ is rolled out to everyone, we will be able to see it then too? Just worried that we would be locked out of pre-booking FastPass+ reservations for our trip in August!

Olin: I totally understand! Yes, it should be released as MyMagic®+ is fully rolled out, as currently all of those systems, including Disney FastPass®+, are still under testing.

Thank you. I'm not feeling particularly optimistic though. I have a trip in December and fear we'll be affected by the roll out date and website. I don't even really care so much what happens.. it would just be nice to know one way or another if we're going to be able to use this and how. I'll live.

I'm actually looking forward to this in a twisted sort of way. The idea of being able to book my FP+ for the park I plan to hop to in the evening will allow my nights to be that much more productive.

I'm a rope drop gal, so honestly FPs are never *essential* for me in my first park unless I'm there during a holiday week since we can knock out the headliners by 10:30 or so with minimal lines.

But the thought of being able to hop to DHS for the evening and do TOT, TSMM and ST with no wait... :lovestruc

Thanks for posting.

I thought these 2 points in reference to AP holders were interesting.

First replacement band will be free, additional replacements will cost $50.
The RFID card will still be required for discounts.

So the MagicBand will not be replacing the physical AP ticket. Shouldn't they be able to code the bands somehow with a certain sequence of numbers that signify AP holder? :confused:

I'm interested how they are going to deal with split stays, six days and three resorts does that mean multiple Magic Bands?!:confused3

No. From everything I've read, you'll be able to use one band for multiple stays, resorts, and tickets.

So, nothing new really (with the exception of the AP blub). The same vacation crippling limitations are in place and an even broader description of the window, suggesting that you won't even be able to reliably plan any FP+s near any ADRs (if you have a 4:30 CP ADR and you pick "mid-day", what's stopping the system from giving you a conflicting time? This assumes the old 1 hour windows and now a new-fangled "Return between 10:30am and 5:00pm" for the "mid-day" selection or something of that nature).

If you need to have a Disney experience account to do FP+, wouldn't it make sense to have the dining reservations tied to the same account? I wouldn't put it past Disney to miss that but maybe it will see that you have a reservation at 4:30 and give you times that are earlier than that for your FPs.

ok, I just really haven't tried to learn about this because I'm in denial that it's ever going to happen...plus I just plain don't like it.

But, will the regular fast pass machines still be there? So you can set up 3 experiences in 1 park up to 60+ days in advance but you'll also still be able to get a regular fastpass?
Otherwise, what's the point in getting park hoppers?

ok, I just really haven't tried to learn about this because I'm in denial that it's ever going to happen...plus I just plain don't like it.

But, will the regular fast pass machines still be there? So you can set up 3 experiences in 1 park up to 60+ days in advance but you'll also still be able to get a regular fastpass?

Disney has said in the past you are required to use one or the other, not both.

I am guessing FP will eventually be phased out and not used at all in the future.

I'm actually looking forward to this in a twisted sort of way. The idea of being able to book my FP+ for the park I plan to hop to in the evening will allow my nights to be that much more productive.

I'm a rope drop gal, so honestly FPs are never *essential* for me in my first park unless I'm there during a holiday week since we can knock out the headliners by 10:30 or so with minimal lines.

But the thought of being able to hop to DHS for the evening and do TOT, TSMM and ST with no wait... :lovestruc
That's assuming that the "tiered" system doesn't get put into place which may then only allow you to FP one of those 3. Of course, this system was only present in the early testing phases, so the chances of it being included are likely fairly small, but it's there.

Beyond that, this is an actual upside that I hadn't thought of!

If you need to have a Disney experience account to do FP+, wouldn't it make sense to have the dining reservations tied to the same account? I wouldn't put it past Disney to miss that but maybe it will see that you have a reservation at 4:30 and give you times that are earlier than that for your FPs.
Possibly, though there are many other variables to consider (did you make the ADR with the same account? and all the programming stuff that Disney never gets right on the first five tries)

We've heard whispering that FP- will be phased out, which would put a huge damper on the FP+ system. (3 in one park, without FP- is a huge issue)

The hopper question, is why I'm a bit curious about their 1 park rule. Almost seems like they're trying to reduce the incentives for the hoppers for some odd reason.

I'm hoping it doesn't roll out before our September trip. I know it's petty but DD is going to want a blue band and we're going to use 'old' unused tickets this trip and then upgrade to an AP - if she gets a gray band (because it sounds like that will be all that is onsite) I'll probably never hear the end of it.

I'm not loving the one park per day gig - we PH daily and love the flexibility of it all. Sigh - OK done whining - I'm going to stick my head in the sand and hope it's not live until October so I don't have to deal with it until everyone else has helped Disney work out the kinks :worship:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter